PDA

View Full Version : Spimmy video

vikingshadow
11-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Well, I finally got around to making that video I promised of the Spimego...

There's are no fancy music or cool editing techniques to oooohhh and ahhhhhh over, sorry about that! Also, I'm dry firing due to a lack of paint at the moment (saving my money for a clinic this coming weekend.) However, even without paint, the efficiency was outstanding. Fired SEVERAL hundred shots and when I looked at the gauge on my tank, I was shocked at how much air was left, and how little I actually used.

For those not in the know, here she is in all her glory:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/spimmy%20website%20pics/completedspimmy2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/Gun%20pics/100_0327_edited.jpg

I milled and drilled the Victor body myself. Took several hours, but I'm very pleased with it. Starting from the bottom, it's got a Unimount (old style), 2K2 clammy w/LCD mounted, Alias trigger guard and modified Alias trigger (roller bearing mounted), WAS 2.9 set on semi, Hybrid Hitman grips, Alias ram sleeve, 2K2 ram (getting an eigenram, I think), Alias poppit, Hybrid adjustable ram cap, Torpedo HPR, Lasoya LPR and VA, 2K2 modified bolt, J&J Edge kit, Modified Ego feedneck mounted on Spyder feed neck.

In the first video, I used a 68/4500 tank and in the second, a 68/3000 tank. In each, I used about 600-700 psi. Oh, and I know in the second one my belly is there - please watch the gun and the fingers, not the body (I'm desperately trying to lose weight, and it's a touchy subject with me right now. :( ) Again, I had no paint, so this is the best it gets right now. Trust me, it shoots just as good WITH paint, haha!

Comments are, of course, welcome!

Video 1:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/th_Spimegodryfire-0000.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/?action=view&current=Spimegodryfire-0000.flv)

Video 2:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/th_Spimegodryfire2-0000.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/?action=view&current=Spimegodryfire2-0000.flv)

Oh, yeah - the clothes basket was my reball catcher for my PMR. Up until I blew a hole in it and ripped up a couple of the "good" towels. I didn't know they would get torn up so easy!

vwjimmy
11-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Nice vids Vike!!!!!!!!
Now, time to put some paint through it into the other teams grills!!!!!

The Pumper
11-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Pretty fast. Now lets see that face. ;)

xsvly-fat
11-18-2007, 05:39 PM
wow thats a nice looking spimmy.

DFSniper
11-18-2007, 05:42 PM
very nice. that is some pretty clean milling on the sides! i think it deserves a paint job, maybe one that matches the frame?

hey, i have the '04 (i think) torpedo reg (that matches the lasoya LPR milling) and i'm actually looking for that older style reg. if you want to swap, pm me. its only seen about a case's worth of shots through it.

shunut
11-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Pretty cool, but put some paint through it! And your feedneck is on backwards.

vikingshadow
11-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Hahaha, in the first pic, it is on backwards! I fixed it today. It's a cam lever clamping style feedneck, so the lever opens towards the front now. No chance for hits opening the lever this way.

I think I'm going to keep the torp, but thanks for the offer! I never really liked those Lasoya style torpedo bodies....I have used it in a few games - it's a bit heavier than I like, so if I play back I use it since it's so fast and I don't move as much. It's not THAT heavy, but I prefer my shocker or Rail to the Spimego in those situations.

I'll try to get some video of it with paint this week...

newkid
11-19-2007, 04:25 PM
nice vids, I have those exact chairs in my dining room too

Oscum Guy
11-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Nice Man!!!!!!!

weitjosh
11-19-2007, 08:51 PM
as soon as its painted, i believe it will rival shunut's!!! be a fun lil competition on here haha

Chris Cole
11-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Pretty fast. Now lets see that face. ;)

Trust me, you want him with the goggles on. He makes me look good. Glad to see you got the feedneck fixed.

vikingshadow
11-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Hahahaha! Yeah, I need a shave most of the time, and that big scar across my left eye and check is pretty hideous....Still wonder why my daughters are so pretty - couldn't have been from me!

Yeah, I had an epiphany (no, not the SP gun!) I made the feedneck a bit longer and milled the oring slot a bit better. To make it even more stable, I added electrician's tape...ghetto, but good!

11-21-2007, 07:35 PM
nice spimmy
and don't worry vike I think ur man pretty

vikingshadow
11-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Ah, shucks!

Give yourself one free vikepass!

The Pumper
11-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Vike, I just read the middle part of your first post..i was too eager to get to the movie. :D

Dont worry about your weight. Hell, I'm only 5'8 and 230+..although I say I look around 160ish. You're a nice guy and appearence is nothing. Just keep being the best you can be. ;)

SupaSnipa
11-22-2007, 07:06 AM
Vike, I just read the middle part of your first post..i was too eager to get to the movie. :D
Dont worry about your weight. Hell, I'm only 5'8 and 230+..although I say I look around 160ish. You're a nice guy and appearence is nothing. Just keep being the best you can be. ;)
lmao :butwiggle: kisser

11-22-2007, 10:31 PM

:lolsign:
it sounds like your rejecting him in the nicest way possible

codymm1014
11-23-2007, 06:04 AM
Nice spimmy. Really clean job. I'm just about finished with mine. Its not near as nice or clean as your or Shunut's, but I'm poor and this spimmy only cost me 65 out of pocket. I'll try and post mine up when I finish.

vikingshadow
11-23-2007, 06:38 AM
It's not the cost, it's the time and effort spent. If you spent 65 bucks and it shoots and you're proud of it - that makes it an awesome gun. We definitely want to see it when you're finished!

Sadly, the first thought I had when I read Pumper's post was my first girlfriend dumping me - "I think you're a wonderful guy! I'm just not wanting anything steady right now. We can BE FRIENDS!" EEEKKKK!

SupaSnipa
11-23-2007, 07:08 AM
Sadly, the first thought I had when I read Pumper's post was my first girlfriend dumping me - "I think you're a wonderful guy! I'm just not wanting anything steady right now. We can BE FRIENDS!" EEEKKKK!
Don't worry about that. You just gotta tell yourself, "She didn't deserve me, There's plenty of women out there that would DIE to have a man like me.":D

The Pumper
11-23-2007, 07:19 AM
Sadly, the first thought I had when I read Pumper's post was my first girlfriend dumping me - "I think you're a wonderful guy! I'm just not wanting anything steady right now. We can BE FRIENDS!" EEEKKKK!No, it was not intended like that. Sorry if thats how it sounded, but was not. I know what it feels like to be dumped because I'm overweight and not good looking. Its not a good feeling and it really does suck. But, if they dont like you for you, then screw 'em. You're better than them and you know it.

Girls are like...cars. Some go fast, some go slow [not in a sexual way]. :p

codymm1014
11-23-2007, 07:23 AM
It's not the cost, it's the time and effort spent. If you spent 65 bucks and it shoots and you're proud of it - that makes it an awesome gun. We definitely want to see it when you're finished!

Ive put a bit of time into this. But, its still not as nice, but its my frankenstein gun and I love it. lol. Just need to figure out the eyes probelm :/

DFSniper
11-23-2007, 09:18 AM
well, vike, look at it this way: you're married, so looks don't really matter anymore.

vikingshadow
11-23-2007, 09:54 AM
No, it was not intended like that. Sorry if thats how it sounded, but was not. I know what it feels like to be dumped because I'm overweight and not good looking. Its not a good feeling and it really does suck. But, if they dont like you for you, then screw 'em. You're better than them and you know it.

Hahaha, I was kidding! I knew exactly what you meant. Internet humor is hard to interpret so anyways, I understand.

well, vike, look at it this way: you're married, so looks don't really matter anymore.

OUCH! I still have a few women that look at me and comment things to me from time to time. And, contrary to common belief, looks matter MORE after you're married. TRUST ME! Let yourself go and the wife has NO problem telling you about it...in front of friends, family, strangers, so on until the point is taken....

ANYWHO - I'll try to get some paint through this bad boy this weekend. Of course, we have snow and rain forcasted, so we'll see what happens.

Tito=PBL
11-23-2007, 11:23 AM
NICe! :up: