PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing anything else?

Spyder_Tech22
11-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Alright so I want to run a Lower pressure electra. Ive already polished the valve pin, striker, sear. Ive drilled the VA to 3/16. Ive put on a stock ion reg. Also havent tested this gun yet so, Will it be able to shoot with a reg on it or will the pressure be too low to operate?

xsvly-fat
11-18-2007, 05:12 PM
i used lp on my friends electra and it shot fine

vwjimmy
11-18-2007, 05:48 PM
I doubt the Ion reg will provide enough pressure to cycle your marker with the stock valve and striker.....
That reg operates on the Ion at about 150psi......and with polished internals and v/a opened up, you are still going to need at least 600psi....
You should start with a reg that is capable of 800psi and below so you will have tuning control as you modifications progress.
The BL Torpedo and the Palmers would be good ones.

HeadShot
11-18-2007, 09:04 PM
yeah...you should have gone with a good reg like CP. Oh and Rocket Valve, Alamo City delrin hamer, and delrin bandit bolt, with maddman spring kit. thats a great lp package for a Spyder.

my electra shoots lower than 150 psi...it was a long road but it was worth it.

Spyder_Tech22
11-19-2007, 01:36 PM
I have a CP reg I can put on it. I have a 32* spring kit

vwjimmy
11-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Are you using HPA? You should consider at least a high flow valve in addition either way, but CP and Ion regs are not CO2 friendly.....
I have always used NDZ valves in my LP Spyders with great success...and they do not require tuning with the springs much...just pressure adjustments....
If you start adding lightened parts like strikers, you will have to do some serious tuning with your spring kit.....

Spyder_Tech22
11-21-2007, 03:43 PM
HPA/Co2 both depending on what Feild I play