PDA

View Full Version : pistols?

interceptorMR2
11-17-2007, 08:06 PM
hey, i was just wondering, are paintball pistols effective at all in scenarion games? I've been thinkin about some, but i have no experience in them...

here's my current setup:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/PB120002.jpg

and for now, i think ill use this as my backup...

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/l_392e2415675765048f8dfffd1c587d27.jpg

my luger? ......just kidding! (its disabled too so dont worry!!!!!)

what about the tiberius or whatever its called. is that any good?

xsvly-fat
11-17-2007, 08:23 PM
stick w/ the luger jk.

QuiGonKen
11-17-2007, 09:42 PM
hey, i was just wondering, are paintball pistols effective at all in scenarion games? I've been thinkin about some, but i have no experience in them...

here's my current setup:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/PB120002.jpg

and for now, i think ill use this as my backup...

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd137/interceptormr2/l_392e2415675765048f8dfffd1c587d27.jpg

my luger? ......just kidding! (its disabled too so dont worry!!!!!)

what about the tiberius or whatever its called. is that any good?

:D LoL i've actually seen people use them well, i've seen a guy use his pistol to mercy someone in at a window, its really good for tight areas, but i also know that people often forget that they have them LoL....

interceptorMR2
11-17-2007, 09:50 PM
hmm.... maybe i should just enable my luger and be on my way then... hehe. all my friends know i have it, and if i start playing with them, they know they will lose more than a game lol. yeah idk im thinking since im really big on waiting and ambushing people (soooo much fun) i might need a pistol in case i am snuck up on

KingTutBaller
11-17-2007, 11:08 PM
I like the realism of alot of the pistols you can find and I think they add alot to scenario games, and it's always handy to have a backup. In one of our games, a friend's tippman went down (insert laughter here) but he just pulled out his tiberius and kept goin.
Also just for scenario I think they're fun. Sometimes we play a game of downed pilot and usually we'll play with limited ammo for the pilots, but now we just give them pistols because it doesn't make sense for pilots to be carrying around AK-47's or M16's, so the realism is there.
I just find the pistols are more often than not pricey (for realistic pistols, anyway), I think some here have pistols worth more than their main guns, so at that point I just think they're a novelty.
Sorta the good and bad I suppose.

slim and shady
11-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Pistols work great for scenario play, I use mine all the time (Arikon Overlord). The sidearm is particularly usful in urban combat, close quarters fighting like inside buildings and such, in settings like this a pistol is far more effective then a full size marker. Shy of a limited 10 or so shoots, they have the preformence of a fullsize marker to so your not loseing anything.
There have been a number of times I have been in a firefight and had paint break in my gun leaving me with the choice of clean it or gum it up worse, instead of trying to clean it and get bunkered by a hord of guys I just use my sidearm to help me find a safe place to run a squegee through my main gun.
If you have trouble with your main marker it doesnt stop you it just forces you to improvise.
They are usefull to if you are fighting bunker to bunker because you can hold a tighter profile.....but you get my point, for scenario sidearms are great.

darth massacre
11-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Tiberius makes pretty good pistols. Limited 8 round capacity though but reloads like an actual semi auto. Pistols are still pretty much the king of CQB situations. Louder than the MR2, but my guess is in CQB your opfor already knows you're around the corner.

LostCause
11-18-2007, 02:11 PM
I like the realism of alot of the pistols you can find and I think they add alot to scenario games, and it's always handy to have a backup. In one of our games, a friend's tippman went down (insert laughter here) but he just pulled out his tiberius and kept goin.
Also just for scenario I think they're fun. Sometimes we play a game of downed pilot and usually we'll play with limited ammo for the pilots, but now we just give them pistols because it doesn't make sense for pilots to be carrying around AK-47's or M16's, so the realism is there.
I just find the pistols are more often than not pricey (for realistic pistols, anyway), I think some here have pistols worth more than their main guns, so at that point I just think they're a novelty.
Sorta the good and bad I suppose.

ans smg's....only reason im looked at a a-5 was to have it look like a smg for CQC....it was amazing....

interceptorMR2
11-18-2007, 08:32 PM
cool i think i might get a pistol then, sounds like it will help alot and might add some interesting effects to the scenario side of paintball. hey i just read some email i got from rap4.com about their pistol but they called it a self defense paintball pistol........ they also said it replaces things like pepper spray...... i guess thats one way to use a paintball pistol......

slim and shady
11-19-2007, 06:45 AM
to help control rioting some larger police departments will use paintballs full of mace to shoot at the crowd, this I can see being a large deturent. I can also see that it wouldnt be much fun to have a ball chop or break in the barrel!

druid
11-19-2007, 09:17 AM
There's a kid at our Skirmish USa field...called "10 Shot Kid"....that's pretty freaking wicked with his twin Ariakons. He wears 2 - one is a primary and the other his back-up. He's plastered with 10-shot tubes and 12g's and has a medium sized dump bag for his 'spent' tubes/cylinders (he doesn't like to litter). He's a big scenario fanatic and usually wears a blue 2-piece suit and WingTips to play in (kind of a mob thing...lol).

The only thing about using pistols is that most fields only allow the use of one marker at a time and most commercial fields count marker hits as an 'out'...so if you are hit in the marker...you can't just lay it down and switch to pistols.

Although, wearing one would give the player the option of using it if the field has a CQB/building complex to play in. If the long-marker is too big to run hallways/rooms, then the player can just sling his marker and swap to sidearms...

EDIT: If that's what you wanted to do, I'd suggest a single-point sling mounted to the butt-stock so that the MR were to hang vertically in front of you

LostCause
11-19-2007, 12:46 PM
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=rcmYUZ7MhraY29mNWO9Y-ZQFpeRdmAQhAbo=?ProductID=s97AqArbZ3wAAAEVkEF6nZDV #

rember a leg holster is the way to go....anyway...(serach around you'll find some real nice ones)