PDA

View Full Version : Ive had enough

PRoBoxer18
11-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Ok guys today I played in a big tournament and it sucked. My electra just kept on breaking balls it wasnt shooting right and Every 5 seconds I had to re cock it and it was just a frustrating day. Its just not working for me. Is there any gun out there that is Fast, quite, and accurate, that doesnt chop paintballs. At a reasonable price. It doesnt even have to be a spyder product either or it can be. I do alot of speedball so please help me out.

The Pumper
11-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm pretty sure there are guns out there that are fast, quiet and accurate.

A cheap, and with all 3 qualities you wanted gun would be a BKO. Its quiet with no kick. Check the b/s/t from opty. ;)

codymm1014
11-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Spyder VS2, ICD Promaster, WGP Superstock, Proto SLG, theres tons of em.

PRoBoxer18
11-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Well I want either a

Smart Parts Epiphany
Spyder VS3
Or some typer of autcocker. My e

lectra just doesnt cut it for me anymore

The Pumper
11-12-2007, 12:53 PM
i'd go w/ vs3 out of your choices.

PRoBoxer18
11-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Is it quite? Does it chop alot of paintballs. Cuz thats what pisses me off the most is the chopping paintballs

Hossy
11-12-2007, 01:02 PM
If your using cheap paint you need to start using better paint

Is the bore of the paint bigger than your barrel?
Did you break in the bolt?

If you have AIM hit me up on JumboShrimp32
I will gladly help you choose a gun that you will like alot more.

applesauce
11-12-2007, 01:06 PM
ive had a rail now for some time, and it hasnt chopped a ball yet! and its quiet and comes with all the major firing modes. you could prolly get one on e-bay for a good price! and its easy to take care of! smart parts came out with the EOS, supposed to be better then the epiphany, little more money though! i think as of right now, the best 'cheap' gun around looks to be the SLG

paintballer5646
11-12-2007, 02:43 PM
SLG or Mini.

shunut
11-12-2007, 02:47 PM
If you don't mind buying used I'd look at an Alias or an 05-06 Ego.

VS3 Sniper
11-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Most cockers are great imo.

Critical
11-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Personally, I think you need to figure out why your Electra is chopping first, before you go out and drop more cash on a new marker. If you don't find that out first, what are you going to say when that new marker chops?

SupaSnipa
11-12-2007, 03:55 PM
If you want to go cheaper and more simple design go with the VS2.

The VS2 is a very good gun for the money. It is fast, LP, and the best part...it has eyes.

WGP makes some good ones to, for example the Superstock and Black magic are nice or if you want to spend a little more you can get an E Bladed one. I personally have a Green 03 Prostock with Shocktech LPR, Worr Games ASN ram, Teflon bolt, Dead On on/off, Evil detonator and CP look alike. It is a NICE gun.

So overall

Price:Spyder VS2
Performance:WGP Superstock or E bladed cocker

PRoBoxer18
11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
OK Well I'm not afraid to spend some money. I have it narrowed to a couple choices. I play mostly speedball and agressive player

Smart parts Epiphany
Smart Parts Impulse
Invert mini
Spyder VS3

Oscum Guy
11-12-2007, 05:31 PM
how much are you willing to spend? if you mind used id go for an alias timmy for about $200. new id go for a protege at $550

shunut
11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
OK Well I'm not afraid to spend some money. I have it narrowed to a couple choices. I play mostly speedball and agressive player

Smart parts Epiphany
Smart Parts Impulse
Invert mini
Spyder VS3

Of those, I would get either the Mini or the VS3. Impulses are old, bulky and outdate. Epiphanies, eh. I'm not a big fan of anything that Smart Parts puts out.

Oscum Guy
11-12-2007, 05:57 PM
if your aggressive, the mini will break, ive seen it happen

PRoBoxer18
11-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Oh well then I wont go with those. Do people here really not like Impulses very much?

The Pumper
11-12-2007, 06:09 PM
I currently have one. One of my favorite markers ever...excluding the company. ;)

applesauce
11-12-2007, 07:27 PM
i hear they shoot great! I think the problem that most people have is the size, they are kinda bulky. if you toss out a price range, people might be able to give you a better recommendation, and could give you upgrade options for the lower priced markers (sometimes up'd low end guns are better then stock high end)

vikingshadow
11-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Impulses are good, they're just old, outdated and heavy. Like me!

I personally wouldn't go with any of those on your list, but that's me.

If you're up for a different list, and really not against spending some money, how about one of these?

DP Fusion
PM Rail
PM6
2k5 Timmies
Used Shockers (I'm not against the company, and in rare company, it appears!)

These guns are all light, extremely fast and relatively cheap right now. Plus, all have a long list of aftermarket parts available and aren't outdated.

WhatThaSmurf
11-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Impulses are good, they're just old, outdated and heavy. Like me!

You make it oh-so-easy to rip on you, but I fear you at the same time.

vikingshadow
11-13-2007, 04:34 AM
Just the way I like it, hehehe! :devil:

SupaSnipa
11-13-2007, 12:18 PM
DP Fusion-I would go with the new F8
PM Rail-Very cheap comparitivly(sp) and very upgradable and are also spoolys
PM6-Can't really say because I havent shot one
2k5 Timmies-It's a Timmy what more can be said:p
Used Shockers-Again can't say anything other than I really want a TON TON'd SFT (the only marker I'd buy from the company)

Thats just what I've seen from them
EDIT:I can be more in depth on this info if you want

MVS1
11-13-2007, 12:41 PM
I'll go ahead and wave the banner, Angel One's are $650 at First Call Paintball right now. They have limited colors and availability, but that's one hell of a deal on a BNIB w/warranty A1. Just thought I'd throw that in the list too.

PRoBoxer18
11-13-2007, 04:46 PM
I was going to buy the Epiphany. I heard its pretty good gun. I dont go to competitions I play in a course by my house. Is the Epiphany fast and accurate. It has eyes on it so I doubt it will chop many paintballs. And guuys its ok to rip apart the epiphany I need to know the bad about it. But also some of the good.

applesauce
11-13-2007, 04:55 PM
its basically an up'd ion....which is ok, but there are better for the price. like i said, I have a rail which is comparable in price to the epiphany. but i feel is a much better marker. i went to a tournament and the only guns that wernt having trouble were Rails. I hear that the trigger on those epiphany's is really nice.

Hossy
11-13-2007, 04:55 PM
I still would have gone with what we talked about last night.

Way better of a deal

PRoBoxer18
11-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes I know Hossy. I'll prolly go with it. But I just want to know about the Epiphany. It sounds like a good gun to me. And so does the one you showed me so i'm trying to make a decision. So thats why I want everyones opinion on the Epiphany.

Oscum Guy
11-13-2007, 05:30 PM
if i was going to get an epiphany, i would get the new eos. it has bolt out back, a clamp feed and some other stuff.

what was talked about yesterday?

The Pumper
11-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Proto SLG or a new SP marker. PRetty cheap for being brand new. ;)

PRoBoxer18
11-13-2007, 05:32 PM
^^ On IM we talked about good guns. The EOS is better then the Epiphany? Or is that your preference?

Oscum Guy
11-13-2007, 05:34 PM
it is the new epiphany with new/better features

if i were you id get a protege. lol. orr buy my timmy so i can get a protege

timbertiger20
11-13-2007, 05:35 PM
I would go with the SLG......haven't been impressed by any of the new SP markers. The SLG on the other hand has a great feel to it.....minus the trigger!

Oscum Guy
11-13-2007, 05:36 PM
i heard that the slg frame is like, mega thick

PRoBoxer18
11-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Um what I am mostly trying to ge tat here is...The Epiphany a step up in the paintball world for me compared to My Electra ACS?

Hossy
11-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Um what I am mostly trying to ge tat here is...The Epiphany a step up in the paintball world for me compared to My Electra ACS?

Are you totally blowing off the conversation we had last night?

PRoBoxer18
11-13-2007, 05:40 PM
^^ No not really but your not the only paintballer in this world. I trust your opinion. But I would like to get others opinions

Oscum Guy
11-13-2007, 05:44 PM
what is his opinion? i want to see if i can back it up. i bet it was to buy his dm4 lol

if you want, hit me up on aim: oscumguy

Hossy
11-13-2007, 05:49 PM
no it wasnt, I no longer have the DM4

He told me he wanted to buy an Impulse for a little more than 400 dollars, and i told him that there are way better ways to spend the money.

400 dollars gets you a used PM6 now, and just wait until the 8's come out, theyll drop some more.
I also said that a Pm5 wasnt a bad buy for about 200-250, as well as the PMR is a good gun.
I told him that the Impulse is ugly and heavy, why not have something to flash off as well as have great performance from a good company?

We went over alot of other things, but after he said he was in favor of a spool I kept him on the matrix family

Oscum Guy
11-13-2007, 06:05 PM
well i can agree with most of that logic. but i think hes pretty deadset on the epiphany. i told him how it feels and whatnot, gave some reccomended ups and imo, its a pretty respectable pick-up

Hossy
11-13-2007, 06:09 PM
If you say so....
Still, if he was going to wait until the Pm8 is out, the Pm6 may cost around 250-300

Thats better money spent than on a Smart Parts gun...

SupaSnipa
11-13-2007, 06:41 PM
If you say so....
Still, if he was going to wait until the Pm8 is out, the Pm6 may cost around 250-300

Thats better money spent than on a Smart Parts gun...
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! The only gun I'd ever buy from Smart Parts is a Shocker

EDIT: I would go with a NICE E2 Electro-Autococker

*cough*SIG!*cough*

Hossy
11-13-2007, 07:05 PM
<3 SupaSnipa

Ace24
11-13-2007, 09:24 PM
how much are you willing to spend? if you mind used id go for an alias timmy for about $200. new id go for a protege at $550
I've never seen a working and complete Alias go for $200... Otherwise I'd be owning it.

Your best bet is to wait for the new lineup to come out. The new ION's look pretty promising. For the money, I'd say a USED Shocker SFT. They are quiet, fast, and easy to maintain.

Timmies are also great. Good luck making it quiet though. In my experience, stack tubed poppit valve guns are loud. You can get barrels that quiet it down alot, along with a good bolt... but you're still looking at significant noise over that of a spool valve such as a Shocker or Matrix.

You might be able to find a USED Matrix 5 or 6 for really cheap now too.

Mini's are really nice... but they are a little to light for me. Personally I like a little weight. The way it's balanced just feels a little awkward. I could get used to it, and the gun shoots great once broken in... but it's not for me.

To answer your question, a Ephipany is a huge upgrade from your Electra. You're going from a Blowback operation to a more efficiant Electro-phenumatic operation. I wouldn't wase my money on one though. You want to know why? It's an overpriced, metal ION. Nothing more. Yeah it looks flashy, but in the end, you feel like crap for purchasing a gun that will get you little or no resale value at all and at heart is nothing more then the Composite bodied ION.

If you're willing to spend $400 on an Impulse, I'd get a DM6. Either that or a SFT Shocker and put money into upgrading it.

Here are some guns in the $400 price range USED:

Intimidator
PM6, 5, 4
DM6, 5, 4
Shocker SFT
ION
Ephipany
Autocockers
Mini's
PMR's
Quest (If you're lucky)
DP Fusion
and much more.

Those are just the one's I'd suggest looking into.

timbertiger20
11-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Actually I have a teammate that has an 06 Olive PM6 I have never even seen him use but he's selling it to pick up an MD marker. He only wants $325 and it's really clean! Ths SLG didn't feel thick by any means!

applesauce
11-14-2007, 04:20 AM
like i was saying before, the epiphany is just an up'd Ion, i think you still have those banjo fittings to hassle with...which makes it a pain to take apart. you want something with bolt out back so you can clean at the field without a lot of work. the gun isnt BAD itself, but you can do better for the money or maybe a bit more. the trigger is the only stand out feature IMO, i walked one in the shop and it is pretty smooth.

Oscum Guy
11-14-2007, 12:07 PM
I've never seen a working and complete Alias go for $200... Otherwise I'd be owning it.

Your best bet is to wait for the new lineup to come out. The new ION's look pretty promising. For the money, I'd say a USED Shocker SFT. They are quiet, fast, and easy to maintain.

Timmies are also great. Good luck making it quiet though. In my experience, stack tubed poppit valve guns are loud. You can get barrels that quiet it down alot, along with a good bolt... but you're still looking at significant noise over that of a spool valve such as a Shocker or Matrix.

You might be able to find a USED Matrix 5 or 6 for really cheap now too.

Mini's are really nice... but they are a little to light for me. Personally I like a little weight. The way it's balanced just feels a little awkward. I could get used to it, and the gun shoots great once broken in... but it's not for me.

To answer your question, a Ephipany is a huge upgrade from your Electra. You're going from a Blowback operation to a more efficiant Electro-phenumatic operation. I wouldn't wase my money on one though. You want to know why? It's an overpriced, metal ION. Nothing more. Yeah it looks flashy, but in the end, you feel like crap for purchasing a gun that will get you little or no resale value at all and at heart is nothing more then the Composite bodied ION.

If you're willing to spend $400 on an Impulse, I'd get a DM6. Either that or a SFT Shocker and put money into upgrading it.

Here are some guns in the $400 price range USED:

Intimidator
PM6, 5, 4
DM6, 5, 4
Shocker SFT
ION
Ephipany
Autocockers
Mini's
PMR's
Quest (If you're lucky)
DP Fusion
and much more.

Those are just the one's I'd suggest looking into.
timmies really arent that loud. nothing like an ego. and new quests are $400 new on av. my friend got one and ive shot it. i really dont like it that much. its loud as a cannon. althoug the trigger and frame are pretty nice.

Tito=PBL
11-14-2007, 01:05 PM
i would go with a SLG or used pmr or eteck. or a well upped ion

xsvly-fat
11-14-2007, 01:40 PM
invert mini.

PRoBoxer18
11-15-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm just set on the Epiphany thats all. Its a good gun in my opinion. I'm not amazing at paintball and its not my life. Its defienetly a step up from my Electra ACS. Andthats pretty much what I was looking for

applesauce
11-15-2007, 06:15 PM
sounds good, whatever your happy with and whatever feels good! thats what counts! happy hunting...ps...get the black and white one...http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=NB7yZcNaXnzyEIRmyQYyzcmTy_NrthoQfFY=?Pro ductID=QNnAqArbLcYAAAET_gdHL_8o#

Protan
11-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Well if you want to be able to play in tournaments then I would recomend the vs2 instead of the vs3 because the only difference is the rocking trigger, and as far as I know rocking triggers arent allowed in tournaments

xsvly-fat
11-17-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm just set on the Epiphany thats all. Its a good gun in my opinion. I'm not amazing at paintball and its not my life. Its defienetly a step up from my Electra ACS. Andthats pretty much what I was looking for

yeah and now that there only $250 thats a really good deal

Kenny_McCormic
11-17-2007, 08:33 PM
If you cant keep a spyder running decently, an epiphany is going to be a whole lot of trouble for you.

PRoBoxer18
11-18-2007, 03:48 PM
^^^ Its not the fact I cant keep it running, its a piece of crap. I always clean it properly, and take amazing care fo it. Its just time to upgrade. Off note I was about to order the Epiphany today wehn My friend is selling his impulse for the same price. So What would you guys choose?

xsvly-fat
11-18-2007, 04:30 PM
i would go w/ the Epiphany but thats just what i think, and it is true alot of times no matter how well you take care of Electras they will chop paint (depending on weather and paint to barrel) and not recock.

The Pumper
11-18-2007, 04:37 PM
I'd say epiph cause its lighter and more up-to-date. I like impulses and everything but an epiph would be better for the money. impulses arent worth a whole lot unless PL

fwgericke
11-19-2007, 12:10 AM
The epiphany would be the better choice, but its really heavy too even though its lighter than the impulse. Do you only wanna spend around 250 or can you go a bit higher??

PRoBoxer18
11-19-2007, 09:57 AM
No 250 is pushing it for me for this point right now. Down the road as I progress in the sport maybe. But I'm still new to the sport

codymm1014
11-20-2007, 01:13 PM
I would get the slg then. 250 new and awesome guns

xsvly-fat
11-20-2007, 03:19 PM
and the slg isnt made of plastic like the pmr.

vikingshadow
11-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Sigh :rolleyes:

You're one of those. PBNation is NOT your friend. Trust me.

The PMR is NOT, I repeat, NOT made of plastic. True, the stock frame, trigger, feedneck, back cap and eye covers are a polymer COMPOSITE material, but I dare you to break it. It's pretty darn strong stuff, just makes the gun lighter is all. By the way, all these parts are replaceable if the owner feels the need to replace them. The important stuff is made of metal and up to the Dye/PM standards.

I have a PMR, use it more than my Shocker, which anyone can tell you is majorly upgraded and a killer on the field.

Read my review on the PMR for more information, and try to use something more logical when discussing what guns to get.

/rant

battlechaser
11-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Way to go guys... now I want to trade in my Electra for a PM6.. ;)

I have to agree with one of the other posters earlier on; there's a reason why your gun is chopping, it's probably best to figure out the cause of that before you dump another 250 bucks into another beginner gun, when you could save a little more and down the line buy a much more respectable gat.

xsvly-fat
11-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Sigh :rolleyes:

You're one of those. PBNation is NOT your friend. Trust me.

The PMR is NOT, I repeat, NOT made of plastic. True, the stock frame, trigger, feedneck, back cap and eye covers are a polymer COMPOSITE material, but I dare you to break it. It's pretty darn strong stuff, just makes the gun lighter is all. By the way, all these parts are replaceable if the owner feels the need to replace them. The important stuff is made of metal and up to the Dye/PM standards.

I have a PMR, use it more than my Shocker, which anyone can tell you is majorly upgraded and a killer on the field.

Read my review on the PMR for more information, and try to use something more logical when discussing what guns to get.

/rant

oh sorry i thought it was plastic however the internals are made up of plastic, right?

Oscum Guy
11-20-2007, 08:27 PM
Way to go guys... now I want to trade in my Electra for a PM6.. ;)

I have to agree with one of the other posters earlier on; there's a reason why your gun is chopping, it's probably best to figure out the cause of that before you dump another 250 bucks into another beginner gun, when you could save a little more and down the line buy a much more respectable gat.
agreed

lol i was going to comment on the plastic thing but i figured i'd let vike do a long rant. i enjoy reading them.

OMG YOU THINK A GUN WOULD HAVE PLASTIC INTERNALS!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!

battlechaser
11-21-2007, 05:51 AM
The important stuff is made of metal and up to the Dye/PM standards.

Besides, if you're that paranoid about composites, I don't suggest you drive fly, or sail anywhere soon... as they're VERY common in those applications as well. (Try finding a body panel on a Saturn that isn't composite.)

vikingshadow
11-21-2007, 06:01 AM
oh sorry i thought it was plastic however the internals are made up of plastic, right?

No. The body, bolt (all three parts), barrel, regulator, regulator internals, ASA, macroline fittings are all metal. Also, the aftermarket triggers, frames, back caps, eye covers and feednecks are metal (btw, only the clamping part of the stock feedneck is composite. The important part is metal.)

However, you might want to be careful - the box it came in is cardboard and foam. ;)

See, this is why it's important to research and learn about a gun before judging it. The SLG was NOT made to replace the PMR - Dye even said so. It's a lower mid-end model than the PMR (again, stated by Dye) and the operation is totally different than any other gun they've had. Is it a good gun? I don't know, but I'm sure it is. Only time will tell, just like when the PMR came out.

I figured I'd let vike do a long rant. I enjoy reading them.

:rolleyes: Fixed for you. You're getting better, but have a ways to go yet.

You think that was long? Man, you MUST be new....

xsvly-fat
11-22-2007, 08:51 PM
agreed

lol i was going to comment on the plastic thing but i figured i'd let vike do a long rant. i enjoy reading them.

OMG YOU THINK A GUN WOULD HAVE PLASTIC INTERNALS!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!

Hey a paintball store told me that so I believed them.

WhatThaSmurf
11-22-2007, 09:09 PM
You think that was long? Man, you MUST be new....

Oh, Vike, how many times have I spent many consecutive minutes reading your primo rants. They are a thing of beauty that can only be written by an educated man. And for that, we all love/hate your rant but love you for sure.

And yes, I'm a kiss ass.

vikingshadow
11-23-2007, 06:44 AM
Hahaha! Give yourself another vikepass for that asskissery! Well done! :applause:

WhatThaSmurf
11-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Yes, I have two! Now I can go use one without any guilt about it! Man, now all I need is some idiot to completely incinerate. Of course, that would be in a section that Vike oversees, just to make sure I was not exceeding my boundaries.