PDA

View Full Version : Installed Regulator cant get above 240fps?

CKvBP
11-11-2007, 03:25 PM
I recently installed a CP Shorty Regulator, I finally got my gun to the field, but I cant seem to get it to shoot above 240fps. I fired about 3,000 rounds, is that enough to break it in?

Anyway attempted fixed were to: ring the regulator adjustment bolt all the way out, screw the FPS spring adjuster all the way in, and replace the stock spring with a heavy spring from my spring kit.

I never managed to get the gun consistently above 240fps. I saw a few spikes up to 260, but I cant get it to stay there, almost always at 240 quite consistently. I'd like to get it up to the field speed of 280.

anyone got any hints on what to try next?

oldironmudder
11-11-2007, 03:40 PM
How far have you turn the reg adjustor in?

I would say within 5000shots it would be broke in good.

Try shimming the spring guide in the lower tube. Put something between the guide & the metal disk.

CKvBP
11-11-2007, 04:35 PM
the adjuster screws out to increase pressure as of my understanding, all the way in = 0ff.

I can give the spring thing a shot.

ViperX
11-11-2007, 05:06 PM
CP regs also come in a low pressure 0-300psi range and and a high pressure0-500psi range. Did you get the correct one?

Look at the Reg grip user manual, it will be marked in red for which type it is on the front of the user manual.
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w171/viper_MRx/DSCF2454.jpg

Of course if this is not the issue, take your marker down and make sure you didn't get any debris, teflon tape, allen wrench lost in there somewhere. I once had a marker that the front valve body port was a tad leaky, I used teflon tape to seal it, well a little bit got into the valve chamber and was just enough to block the airflow to cause me problems.

Good luck, hope this was useful.

felceaz
11-11-2007, 05:08 PM
I guess it is clockwise to increase speed, turning the screw clockwise compresses the spring giving it more potential energy therefore the bolt should strike with more power. Thats what i think, please tell me if i am wrong.

ViperX
11-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Turning in the velocity adjuster(clockwise) will increase the amount of time the valve stays open and lengthens the burst of air which will equal a higher FPS.

As for the CP regulator, it's turning the valve in that turns the reg off.

But this problem occured from what I read, after the installation of the CP reg and no amount of tweaking was he able to get over 240fps.

CKvBP
11-11-2007, 05:49 PM
the Regulator is a high pressure one. that the right one?

I'll take it apart after work tomorrow and see what I find, I've done a lot of stuff to it recently so the teflon tape issue is a definite possibility.

chnk
11-11-2007, 06:45 PM
run some low pressure mods, get a spring kit to help tune the velocity,

polish your striker, buy a high flowing valve if needed,

CKvBP
11-11-2007, 08:32 PM
can you recommend a HP Valve?

I Also got around to cleaning my gun this evening, there was a lot of junk on the bolt and it seemed like it was jammed in there and lots of material from the bolt floating around in it, not sure whats causing that. even after cleaning it didn't want to go back into the gun smoothly. I dont recall this being an issue before. I know scratches on the bolt are common, but shouldnt it go in smoothly and out smoothly with a few clicks of the trigger? I had to force it out!

It seems the point of resistance is at the very end of the grove that the cocking pull mechanism fits. seems like a bit of metal is sticking down into the bore.

ViperX
11-12-2007, 02:21 AM
Unfortunately that is common with the MR2, It's the metal guide on the bolt that is slamming into that groove everytime the marker is fired and causes a bur to form and that is what's scratching your bolt up. You'll have to carefully file the bur away and I would recommend taking a dremel and grinding away the front and sides of the base of the metal guide.

Just look down your bolt from the rear and you will see how the base is squared off and not rounded with the bolt an instead protrudes up outside the circumference of the bolt. That's the area that is causing the bur inside the bolt chamber. I grinded mine away with a small dremel bit.

CKvBP
11-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Unfortunately that is common with the MR2, It's the metal guide on the bolt that is slamming into that groove everytime the marker is fired and causes a bur to form and that is what's scratching your bolt up. You'll have to carefully file the bur away and I would recommend taking a dremel and grinding away the front and sides of the base of the metal guide.

Just look down your bolt from the rear and you will see how the base is squared off and not rounded with the bolt an instead protrudes up outside the circumference of the bolt. That's the area that is causing the bur inside the bolt chamber. I grinded mine away with a small dremel bit.

Cool thats exactly what I figured was happening. I'll bust out my dremel and work on it.

were you seeing any function loss from your marker due to this? or just the scratched bolt?

chnk
11-12-2007, 11:36 AM
can you recommend a HP Valve?

I Also got around to cleaning my gun this evening, there was a lot of junk on the bolt and it seemed like it was jammed in there and lots of material from the bolt floating around in it, not sure whats causing that. even after cleaning it didn't want to go back into the gun smoothly. I dont recall this being an issue before. I know scratches on the bolt are common, but shouldnt it go in smoothly and out smoothly with a few clicks of the trigger? I had to force it out!

It seems the point of resistance is at the very end of the grove that the cocking pull mechanism fits. seems like a bit of metal is sticking down into the bore.

a new designz it pretty good and inst too expensive,

you could get a rocket valve, if you're willing to put out the cash and go ahead and tune it to low pressure