PDA

View Full Version : Nxe on a JRNY

weitjosh
11-11-2007, 02:35 PM
So, is anyone else besides me excited about the new market nxe hopes to join?? Yea, nxe is comin out with a loader!!! Check it!! http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2431401

Oscum Guy
11-11-2007, 03:10 PM
this will be very very interesting. im guessing that it will be epic.

HelpDeskHustler
11-11-2007, 03:14 PM
hope it's cheaper/ awesomer than the magna so i wont have to drop 170 on my loader fetish

pbfreak3221
11-11-2007, 04:33 PM
The hopper market is booming right now.

LostCause
11-11-2007, 05:03 PM
lol, saw this earlier today...im mad.....to many descion

swoosh81
12-01-2007, 05:00 PM
At Commander's Cup they said it won't be released till early February. They said their gonna redesign the lid for it for strength. My first impression of seeing it is p.o.s. I do like how the lid opens it's a push button. They said their gonna upload a video to youtube but I have yet to find it. There's only 8 in existance and none will be for sale, so don't let anyone tell you they have one.

Oscum Guy
12-01-2007, 05:43 PM
saw the pics. its uber meh.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=X65kcMBwgUw

Muddytaco
12-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Video part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0M3yA2zNWw

Video part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49oWRw06Zvw

It popcorn's the crap out the balls when it starts to get low and lid design is terrible IMO.....I for one am highly disappointed in it. No chance I will pick one up.

vikingshadow
12-01-2007, 11:56 PM
I agree with Taco. Unless you have several balls to "push" the paint into the auger drive, I think you're going to have the popcorn effect. Interesting idea, but I don't think it's a revolutionary idea. Of course, I haven't used one, nor have I seen one in action, so this is just speculation on my part.

I do like how it seems extremely easy to clean if you should happen to have a break in the loader. I noticed with my Rail, if I ever have a barrel break or use very brittle paint, it seems to suck the paint right up in the loader so this would be a great way to clean.

Overall, I'm not impressed.

pb34
12-02-2007, 05:27 AM
I'm gunna agree with both Vike and Taco here with the fact that the lid isn't a good design and there could be a heavy popcorn effect. That being said, I'm still interested to see how this turns out because they definately have some good ideas going on in there.

LostCause
12-02-2007, 12:18 PM
only thing i like is the changing the feedneck part...but not worth it imo...

HeadShot
12-02-2007, 01:17 PM
would like to see how this fares up to the VL .

Still auger drive?? I hate to say it but Auger and Rat tails went away a long time ago as far as performance goes.

at least it has "eyes"

xsvly-fat
12-02-2007, 05:36 PM
eww thats ugly

chnk
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
well i like that they are doing something new by how it feeds, but i'll wait a while and see how this goes

mr1 sniper
12-03-2007, 09:28 AM
yeah. I'm waiting for an awesome (maybe vike) review on this.

HelpDeskHustler
12-03-2007, 12:55 PM
UGLY. It's worse looking than the fasta IMO

weitjosh
12-03-2007, 05:45 PM
im excited about it. they r definatly goin out on a limb with basically every aspect of the loader. i think the auger feed will work just fine, even with one ball left, ur not even supposed to let ur loader get that low ne wayz so. im afraid the price is gonna be high tho. i mean the new empire loader costs like 160.

chnk
12-03-2007, 07:10 PM
^ agree the price s a little high and might just turn away buyers because its new.

the hopper still has to prove it self, plus this nxe's first attempt at a hopper? They make good packs and stuff, but this is comepletely new and out of nowhere,

the magna on the other hand, is made by empire which already has its name set in the hopper industry,

i'll wait and see how this plays out, i'm not calling failure yet

MVS1
12-03-2007, 08:42 PM
this smells like a merge of all the other loaders on the market "better" functions (q-loader, halo, vlocity, even pulse {in pulse mode}) in a new package. The modular design is nice, replaceable feedneck,etc., only if the replacement parts are cheap, I mean you can get a warrior or cranium shell for $20-$30, so unless the feedneck is $15 or less, big deal! Now as for cleaning, the pulse was "very" easy to clean as well, and look how that turned out. Forgive me if I seem overly pesimystic (sp), but after being bit in the arse by DXS I need to be really impressed before I drop a substantial amount of money on the "next" great loader to hit the market.

bamf-hacker
12-04-2007, 04:52 AM
I think this whole hopper craze is getting a bit much.

How many loaders do we really need?

Lets list them:

Fasta
Halo-B
Reloader-B
Reloader-B2
Vlocity
Pulse
Magna
Jrny

And that is just the fast ones. Why do we need so many. I started trading off a few of mine. I got them for testing and you know what, when it comes down to it any of the "fast" loaders will keep up with any of the tourneys out there.

Sorry, off my soap box.

Oscum Guy
12-04-2007, 12:49 PM
theres also the torque, but imo the pulse was the start of a new generation that are much better than tho old halos and vlocities

theres also the pinokio :dodgy:

vikingshadow
12-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Meh, the pulse through in the cool RF factor which was basically a new millenium version of the intellifeed, but I agree with Dan. How many are actually needed? One is just as good as the other when it comes to feeding because NO ONE shoots faster than a Halo or Reloader (old style) without some kind of assistance.

Shoot, most tournaments you could use the old Revy or Reloader that feeds 14 bps and be fine...

Oscum Guy
12-04-2007, 03:00 PM
well there is also other innovations that the pulse introduced. like the anti jam button and the easily takeapartable shell

bamf-hacker
12-04-2007, 03:21 PM
well there is also other innovations that the pulse introduced. like the anti jam button and the easily takeapartable shell

Rip drive...

Suicide Shells...

Case in point.

vikingshadow
12-04-2007, 03:27 PM

Rip drive. Also the B2 has anti jam technology as well as the V35 board for halos, I believe.

Also, suicide shells have been available for awhile, plus there's some other shells that are easily done, but I don't remember which ones.

These weren't innovated by the pulse. Sorry. Other than the RF (which I will give them as it's higher tech than the intellifeed but the same principle) and crappy shells, there is nothing that innovative about the Pulse. Oh, and the lawsuit thing...

edit* Dang, Dan beat me!

HelpDeskHustler
12-05-2007, 03:22 AM
Rip drive...

Suicide Shells...

Case in point.
Suicide shells still require some PITA screws and Rip drive was manual. Pulse marked the spot where the features were less of "ghetto rigs" turned production and more of something actually planned out in the design stage. I mean halo platform has been out for what? 5 years almost? I garuntee they never thought in the design to add the rip at that time or the new shells until some guy realized he could ghetto rig one.

Oscum Guy
12-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Rip drive. Also the B2 has anti jam technology as well as the V35 board for halos, I believe.

Also, suicide shells have been available for awhile, plus there's some other shells that are easily done, but I don't remember which ones.

These weren't innovated by the pulse. Sorry. Other than the RF (which I will give them as it's higher tech than the intellifeed but the same principle) and crappy shells, there is nothing that innovative about the Pulse. Oh, and the lawsuit thing...

edit* Dang, Dan beat me!
v35 boards dont have it. my friend has a v35 without the rip and he has to stick his hand in the shell and spin the drive cone like alot. halos are better with the rip like 10 fold. and anti jame reverse button > rip drive

no other shell could remove the drive cone traymore easily than the pulse.

i see a poll comin up

08Lud08
12-05-2007, 08:33 AM
damn this looks good, I thinking about getting a Vlocity or this.

timbertiger20
12-05-2007, 09:14 AM
I have to disagree.......I have a pulse RF'd to my Droid. I got rid of my CHeetah'd Halo with suicide shell.......the Pulse is completely innovative in several categories. How about this......I went to cup with my pulse and dropped on the concrete floor in our hotel and well....it wasn't in good shape. Went to cup and asked for a new shell.......in under 5 seconds I had a new shell......my tray was removed from the old one and slapped into a new one. Try that with a halo of any shell. The anti-Jam is amazing. 100% power backwards as long as you push the button. Ingenious and very fast! I gotta say the only thing I don't like is the battery door not being tool-less other wise I really like it!