PDA

View Full Version : MR2 Weight reduction instructions

SpyderMan723
11-11-2007, 01:47 PM
If you feel your spyder MR2 is heavy, I recommend you do this.

1)Remove the barrel shroud.There are two screws holding the handle in place.Remove them. I think then you need to unscrew the screws holding the bottomline in place(under the grip frame)Slide the handle down and you can turn it to the side. Then you will see a small screw under the shroud. Remove that and you're done.(This also allows you to fit any spyder threaded barrel on the MR2, this may be old news to some of you)

2)Side panels. The spyder MR2 has two side panels made of metal near the back of the marker. They can be removed very simply. just remove the screws holding them in place. They serve no purpose.

Feel free to post any other weight reduction strategies.

slim and shady
11-11-2007, 01:55 PM
tips always stated when this pops up

1. get a remote coil
2. a sling
3. Lift wweights (I always feel bad for people who say the gun is to heavy because everyone on here seems to slam them down with this remark)

these are the 3 solutions that always seem to come up when someone asks what to do about the weight problem.

i suppose if its that big of deal you could also use a stubby short barrel and get rid of the stock for a lighter gun. you could always use a smaller hopper to but then that could greatly decrease the preformence of the marker.

I dunno I still think its fine the way it is, but thats all the tips i can think of from past threads.

darth massacre
11-11-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm such a genius my MR2 weighs much closer to an actual M4 than it should a paintball gun LOL

Slim, there's a 4th solution: Get a lighter gun.

slim and shady
11-11-2007, 05:40 PM
^ Forgot that one!

chnk
11-11-2007, 07:46 PM
mr2 plus a halo and a tank does equal some heavy ****, i just deal with it,

you could also remove the t cocking mechanism and use a regular cocking pin,

DFSniper
11-11-2007, 08:03 PM
get a carbon fiber barrel... :D

chnk
11-11-2007, 08:17 PM
carbon fibers like stiffis really set off the weight balance, all the weight is in the back,

but if you run a remote sounds like a good idea

Hossy
11-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Like others have said id suggest a remote setup, especially if you plan to do senarios and woodsball oriented games.

Id also say go lift some weights. If you can afford the gun you can afford 5 or 10 pound weights from The sports Authority. If you did those a few times a week, you wouldnt think of it as heavy.