PDA

View Full Version : couple questions bout pmr ups

ttam13xlpb
11-10-2007, 01:31 PM
iv been looking into a few more ups for my gun mainly because i feel like spending more money on it.but i was wondering if an upgraded bolt would make enough of a difference to be worth it?iv been looking into the orange bolt.anyone have any opinions on it?or the tech-t but i kinda dont want this one due to worst efficiency.also iv been looking into upgraded detents.would the spring loaded or kila detents make a noticable difference?

thanks for any help

DRAGON
11-10-2007, 03:08 PM
None of the bolts to date have been benificial to the PMR from stock so don't bother. I know of another reputable company that's been working on a bolt but it's not to the point to where they'll release it yet -

I'd go with the NDZ spring detents. They're inexpensive and won't have a tendency to break on you -

vikingshadow
11-10-2007, 03:17 PM
^^^ What he said. I have the NDZ detents and they haven't given me a bit of trouble. They are MUCH better than the stock detents, fo sho!

As far as the bolt goes, to date, there isn't a bolt out that's better than the stock one. Right now, that is...

ttam13xlpb
11-10-2007, 06:30 PM
would it be worth it to get the detents though?i havent had any problems with the stock ones,but how would upgraded detents help?

thanks for your help

vikingshadow
11-10-2007, 06:58 PM
If you haven't had troubles, then it's not worth it. The problem I have with nubbins is that they weaken over time, which would allow multiple balls to be pushed past them and lead to broken paint. With the spring and ball-type detents, this isn't an issue.

Not a problem - anything we can do to help!

applesauce
11-11-2007, 04:00 PM
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=011-206-0376#

just got that for my PMR should be here monday!

Tito=PBL
11-14-2007, 12:11 PM
i would sugest a on/off asa if u want to upgrade. a ulframe if u havent.

pbfreak3221
11-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Definetly, and a back cap to prevent the stripping of the stock, but I wouldn't bother with the NDZ upgrade kit, it seems over priced.