PDA

View Full Version : November of the Months..........

bamf-hacker
11-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Starting Today, November 8th, you can start sending me pictures of your respective guns for this month's OTM contest.

Anyone can enter, either in the Spyder of the Month, or the Non Spyder of the month. The only excluded people are those that have won the contest already this year or last year (and that's only with the gun they won with.)

Please make sure to send me the type of gun you have, the contest you are submitting for NOTM or SOTM along with the specs on it.

Entires MUST be in by Friday November 23rd NO EXCEPTIONS

Once the contest begins it will run for five (5) days. If a tie or a final round is needed that will run for three (3) days.

HERE ARE THE RULES!!! If you don't follow them your gun will NOT be entered. I am not going to notify you if it is not going in, we don't need to spoon feed you guys and gals. SO read the rules!

Rules:

#1 - KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid! Have fun, but let's keep the popularity contest at a minimum...vote for the gun you think looks the best, or has the most work done to it.

#2 - Send me a picture of your gun, sized to 640 X 480 (or whatever it was before.) If it's not that size, it won't go in the poll. Also send me the stats on the gun, if it is bone stock say so. However, your name WILL NOT go in the poll with the gun. If you send more than one picture I will decide which one gets posted in the contest.

It must be in the this format or it will not be entered:

Subject of PM needs to be SOTM or NOTM (if you are entering more than one contest please send seperate PM's)

Marker Type:
Category entering:
Specs in this format: spec, spec, spec, spec, spec, spec
Picture:

#3 - The gun you present MUST be your gun. The must be in your possession, not for sale or one that is sold, so you can not enter a gun you sold last week!

#4 - There will be a "Non Spyder of the Month" poll for guns like Timmy's, Shockers, Angels, Cockers, etc. that aren't considered Spyder's or Spyder Clones (basically blowbacks and those guns considered "lower end" markers.) T1s, Primals and Spimmys will fall in this category since there is nothing "spyder-like" except their bodies anymore.

#5 - There will be a "Spyder/Clone of the Month" which will encompass all Spyder/blowback clone markers.

#6 - NO PHOTOSHOPED OR EDITED PICTURES!!!! If you don't like the background take a new picture. Anything found to be Photoshopped or edited will not be entered and if it is found to be edited after the contest starts it will be DQ'd

#7 - Once you win, you won't be allowed to enter that gun again until the "of the Year" contest.

#8 - Discussion of the guns will be allowed in the poll thread, but do NOT discuss who's gun it is. Let's let the people decide on their own which gun they want to pick.

Have fun and good luck!

Ace24
11-08-2007, 05:29 PM
FINALLY! Holy cow.

On that edited thing, what about borders?

marvin-martian
11-08-2007, 05:33 PM
wow, i forgot all about these. haha.

bamf-hacker
11-08-2007, 05:39 PM
NO EDITING...

That keeps people from accusing cheaters like we had in the past.

Raw out of the camera. The only change can be the size of the picture.

vikingshadow
11-08-2007, 05:47 PM
NO EDITING...

Ah, the good ol' days...I'm so glad I don't do this anymore! ;)

Looking forward to seeing what's floating around the forums now.

marvin-martian
11-08-2007, 05:51 PM
NO EDITING...

ah, i remember those arguments...

Oscum Guy
11-08-2007, 06:01 PM
yaaaaay, woot! finally. awesomeness.

thats is all.

Ace24
11-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Crap... I have boarders on mine and can't get them without the boarders because my other computer is down... that's not cool! UGH! :(

DFSniper
11-08-2007, 06:19 PM
tried to crop it? or is it a fancy border?

bamf-hacker
11-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Crap... I have boarders on mine and can't get them without the boarders because my other computer is down... that's not cool! UGH! :(

Yep those entries have already been removed :)

You have time to get me new ones.

Ace24
11-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Yeah... but you don't understand.
I can't get on my computer because there is a virus preventing me from even getting to the log in screen. It restarts my computer as soon as the OS loads. I need my brother to bring me the BIOS disks he has and the anti-spyware/virus software he has so I can run a clean from the information screen.

I can't even acess the harddrive that the photos are on.

I'm going to PM you, I might have a solution.

Otherwise I won't be able to enter this month... which will suck since these aren't running every month anymore. :(

bamf-hacker
11-21-2007, 11:06 AM
As of now there will be NO contest. I have less than 5 entries for these OTM's

If no one enters I will postpone the contest.

xsgmike66x
11-21-2007, 11:14 AM
As of now there will be NO contest. I have less than 5 entries for these OTM's

If no one enters I will postpone the contest.

my imagines in peices...and looks like crap, i got lazy maybe ill see if i could finish it and get it together within the next couple days since i have no school.

The Pumper
11-21-2007, 11:38 AM
You have less than 5 enteries? So you mean you have 4? :p

I'll enter my other gat and that can be a seperate entry :p

Muddytaco
11-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Only a few days left, everybody remember to enter!

Hob Hayward
11-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Entered for both!

bamf-hacker
11-28-2007, 03:39 AM
extending the entries to this Friday the 30th.

If I don't get enough pics by then we will postpone the contest until December.

CHAOSFTW
11-28-2007, 02:02 PM
ide throw my cocker on here but i got no pictures and its taken apart and under upgrading in progress mode. sorrrry.

Maxx-Damage
11-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Id do it, but i dont have anythign worthy. that is until after X-mas;)....hopefully...

Oscum Guy
11-28-2007, 02:30 PM
do it man

Ace24
11-28-2007, 09:13 PM
If it's postponed, we don't have to re-enter right? If we've already sent it to you?

I don't want to type the specs of my guns all over again :dodgy:

COME ON GUYS! LETS HAVE MORE ENTRY'S!

vikingshadow
11-29-2007, 03:52 AM
You probably will because of the PM issues - as in not enough space to keep all PMs - at least that was my thinking when I ran them. However, I won't speak for him, as he may think completely differently from me...

Ace24
11-29-2007, 09:17 AM
:cries: Great... now I have to remember all the parts and do that over again. :(

COME ON PEOPLE! MY BRAIN DOESN'T LIKE THAT KIND OF ABUSE! :p

DFSniper
11-29-2007, 10:50 AM
thats why i wrote everything down...

bamf-hacker
12-01-2007, 02:11 AM
The OTM are up in the polls area. Go vote you have 5 days.

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=14064

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=14065

bigred76
12-01-2007, 02:27 AM
Hmm, I thought I smelled a mod sneaking around... Dan, I must say, thanks for keeping these going! :)

bamf-hacker
12-01-2007, 02:32 AM
Yeah have not showered yet today.

And for the next one I am going to be strict. If you don't follow the exact format I am not entering it.

It takes a long time to re-format the bad entries.

PS there were a few entries that I could submit due to bad pic links.

bigred76
12-01-2007, 02:39 AM
Figures! :tongue:

Lots of interesting markers in the NSOTM, I might have to put one of mine in the mix next time. Problem is: which one? :confused:

Oscum Guy
12-01-2007, 06:49 AM
reformat? like resize or what?

vikingshadow
12-01-2007, 10:01 AM
#2 - Send me a picture of your gun, sized to 640 X 480 (or whatever it was before.) If it's not that size, it won't go in the poll. Also send me the stats on the gun, if it is bone stock say so. However, your name WILL NOT go in the poll with the gun. If you send more than one picture I will decide which one gets posted in the contest.

It must be in the this format or it will not be entered:

Subject of PM needs to be SOTM or NOTM (if you are entering more than one contest please send seperate PM's)

Marker Type:
Category entering:
Specs in this format: spec, spec, spec, spec, spec, spec
Picture:

#3 - The gun you present MUST be your gun. The must be in your possession, not for sale or one that is sold, so you can not enter a gun you sold last week!

#4 - There will be a "Non Spyder of the Month" poll for guns like Timmy's, Shockers, Angels, Cockers, etc. that aren't considered Spyder's or Spyder Clones (basically blowbacks and those guns considered "lower end" markers.) T1s, Primals and Spimmys will fall in this category since there is nothing "spyder-like" except their bodies anymore.

#5 - There will be a "Spyder/Clone of the Month" which will encompass all Spyder/blowback clone markers.

#6 - NO PHOTOSHOPED OR EDITED PICTURES!!!! If you don't like the background take a new picture. Anything found to be Photoshopped or edited will not be entered and if it is found to be edited after the contest starts it will be DQ'd

#7 - Once you win, you won't be allowed to enter that gun again until the "of the Year" contest.

#8 - Discussion of the guns will be allowed in the poll thread, but do NOT discuss who's gun it is. Let's let the people decide on their own which gun they want to pick.

Reading is an amazing thing...

I'm glad these things are still going. Not hot and heavy like they used to, but that's just due to lack of interest. I for one am glad Dan took over and is still doing it!

Keep up the good work, Dan!

bamf-hacker
12-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Thanks Vike.

I like giving the members what they want.

More than half of the entires this month were not in the right format. Only reason I keep them is so we could have a contest this month.

For the next one I am not budging. I am not going to spend an hour reformatting the PMs.

Good luck everyone.