PDA

View Full Version : brass eagle products

junkyard_dog357
11-08-2007, 09:22 AM
i know this is a spyder forum, but what is your take on brass eagle products.

Ace24
11-08-2007, 09:45 AM
They are garbage.

WGP is now garbage due to Brass Eagle buying them out.

DFSniper
11-08-2007, 02:51 PM
its really beginner stuff, not much you can do with it. i had a talon (probably the best BE gun ever!) when i started playing, and then bought the eradicator kit from walmart before i bought my imagine. the only decent things BE/JT/VL have now are the Flex series goggles, Evolution hoppers, and gear bags.

and i still cant believe that Bud Orr sold out...

Oscum Guy
11-08-2007, 04:09 PM
yeah it basically fails.

verrrry cheaply made. compsosite (plastic) bodies, bolts and whatnot.

a spyder just destroys the performance 1000000 to one of a brass eagle

oldironmudder
11-08-2007, 05:03 PM
About the only good stuff from BE is the older Talons.

vikingshadow
11-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Some of their non-marker products are still good. Their Co2 tanks are decent, they have a couple of older packs out there that are good, so on and so forth. As far as their markers go, some of their stuff that isn't plastic makes a great starting point prior to getting a spyder...

Also, a lot of people lump Brass Eagle with Viewloader products - I started with a Viewloader Triad and kind of enjoyed it. It never really gave me fits, and had I actually known much about markers and bolts back then (long story), I'd probably still have it.

However, Kingman does make MUCH better starter guns (and now, even higher level than that...)

DFSniper
11-08-2007, 06:37 PM
i gave my brother my eradicator, and one day he comes in and says the safety is broken. well, turns out that because the trigger is plastic, if you pull on it too much while the safety is on, it can break the part of the trigger that rests on the safety. that is NOT good!

Oscum Guy
11-08-2007, 06:47 PM
that happened with my dads victor and my friends eradicator.

lol we modded the crap oyt of that be. we were noobs so we did stuff like glued a scope on the top. we painted it black. dremeled the body. grinded down the sides of the trigger, actually replaced the trigger spring with magnets! lololol. and some other stuff.

Kenny_McCormic
11-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Some of their non-marker products are still good. Their Co2 tanks are decent, they have a couple of older packs out there that are good, so on and so forth. As far as their markers go, some of their stuff that isn't plastic makes a great starting point prior to getting a spyder...

Also, a lot of people lump Brass Eagle with Viewloader products - I started with a Viewloader Triad and kind of enjoyed it. It never really gave me fits, and had I actually known much about markers and bolts back then (long story), I'd probably still have it.

However, Kingman does make MUCH better starter guns (and now, even higher level than that...)
I cant agree with you on those co2 tanks 5 of my friends started playing and all bought 20oz BE co2 tanks, 4 of them were leaking by the end of the day. Triads are great starter guns IMO i would take one over most older mech spyders they seem to have tighter tolerences and the quick strip bolts are great, i have worked on them before only problem they seem to have is the springs wear out somewhat fast.

vikingshadow
11-10-2007, 08:56 AM
We never had any issues with the tanks. This was several years ago, though.

Those springs were a bugger - couldn't find any real replacements, so you were pretty much stuck with what they came with...

WhatThaSmurf
11-11-2007, 03:56 PM
I definitely agree that their guns now suck (or, always kind of sucked) but that they do have some decent to great non marker products. I had an Eradicator back when I first started and it was terrible, but so was I so it didn't really matter. Until the valve broke of course. Yeah, broke, not cracked, broke into two pieces. That's when I got a mech Spyder. But, yeah, I had a BE tank that worked just as well as any other CO2 tank I've ever had, and a pretty decent mask that, while not very stylist or cool looking, definitely protected me to above the necessary standards and was very easy to adjust.