PDA

View Full Version : Brand new MR2, major problems need help!!

Suade907
11-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks in advance.

Ok, so I just got my MR2 yesterday. I charged it up and today decided to fire some balls through it to see how it fares. This is where i developed my problems.
I cannot fire more than 5 shots without a ball breaking on me. I've tried just plain old single shot mode with a Halo B on it and this thing is a mixer. I checked the detents and I am not getting 2 balls in the barrel either. I then tried just my plain old gravity fed hopper and the same thing would happen. I could not fire 5 shots in a row without a ball breaking but with the plain hopper I had the lid fly open on me and i was noticing that when the balls would break they would shoot back up into the hopper.

Can someone tell me what the heck is going on with this thing?

I'm using the same paint I've used for the past 2 weeks in 3 other guns with no problems as well. One of those guns was even a Spyder Pilot ACS.

The only thing that I have noticed that can be wrong is that when a ball drops in it's slightly behind where the feedneck is. i'm talking maybe a 1/16-1/32 of an inch. And then when the ball fires it bumps the ball currently in the feedneck.

Can anyone help me with this problem. I'm at a loss. I'm trying the break in the bolt thing over night. But I can't imagine that being the issue if I'm shooting slow.

Please help thanks.

chnk
11-07-2007, 08:19 PM
the spring the acs bolt on a stock mr2 is pretty hard, the stock main spring is also,

breaking in the acs bolt will probably fix your problem, just like any new gun it needs to be broken in

Suade907
11-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Ok I'll give it a try. Do you think 24hours compressed should do it? Funny thing is my Pilot ACS didn't need to be broken in at all. I hope that is all it is. I mean seriously 1 out of 5 balls would either shoot out the gun exploding or up into the hopper. I was hoping this gun would be as reliable as my tippman 98. I sure hope this fixes it.

Thanks I'll let you guys know how it is tomorrow.

jbtoronto
11-08-2007, 02:48 AM
Sprint kit

Suade907
11-08-2007, 04:29 AM
What's a sprint kit?

jbtoronto
11-08-2007, 05:58 AM
if you look at the velocity adjuster..there's a pin that goes through it.....take it out (watch it cuz it'll jump out and probably hit you the face) take that piece out and you'll find a spring. It's too strong and if you get a spring kit you can lower the velocity of you gun. this is not gonna stop your choping but it'll help on performance.

As for the choping....get a 2 O-ring bolt or just "break in" the stock bolt. Keep your bolt oiled....try not to use shady paint and see wat happens

Suade907
11-08-2007, 06:14 AM
Ok what exactly is the 2-oring bolt called and do you know where I can get one? I've had this thing apart about ten times just cleaning it and trying to figure out what is going on. So I know what springs you are talking about. I don't really think I need to turn down the fps so I'm gonna leave that be. I really need to get a handle on this chopping problem. As it sits the gun is unusable. I hope breaking in the bolt works. Or if you could please let me know the name of the 2 oring bolt and a place to get one.

Thanks

chnk
11-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Ok what exactly is the 2-oring bolt called and do you know where I can get one? I've had this thing apart about ten times just cleaning it and trying to figure out what is going on. So I know what springs you are talking about. I don't really think I need to turn down the fps so I'm gonna leave that be. I really need to get a handle on this chopping problem. As it sits the gun is unusable. I hope breaking in the bolt works. Or if you could please let me know the name of the 2 oring bolt and a place to get one.

Thanks

hes talking about the alamo city paintball 2 o-ring bolt

try breaking in the acs bolt first, trust me the springs are really hard, i bought my mr2 when my cousin bought his pilot and i took both apart and noticed te mr had harder springs

24 hours might work, but i'm not sure, i let mine break in for a week because i have 2 other markers also

as for a spring kit, a spring kit is a kit made of same sized spring with different tensions used to tune your marker, its not a bad idea

Suade907
11-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Ok thanks. I'll let the bolt sit for a few days then. I do have my pilot bolt that has not had any issues, do you think that would work in there just to try it? I just ordered the alamo city bolt as well. I really like the look and feel of this gun and plan to keep it for a long time. i just want to get all the bugs worked out. It really sucks when you buy something brand new and it doesn't work like it is supposed to. Oh well i have big time faith in you guys and I have no doubt the the bolt it the issue. We'll see how it fares this weekend.

chnk
11-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Ok thanks. I'll let the bolt sit for a few days then. I do have my pilot bolt that has not had any issues, do you think that would work in there just to try it? I just ordered the alamo city bolt as well. I really like the look and feel of this gun and plan to keep it for a long time. i just want to get all the bugs worked out. It really sucks when you buy something brand new and it doesn't work like it is supposed to. Oh well i have big time faith in you guys and I have no doubt the the bolt it the issue. We'll see how it fares this weekend.

yea i was pissed off too that the anti chop bolt was actually chopping like crazy too when i first bought it

just to let you know there is one MAJOR bug with this gun, the board is actually very similar to the VS2s and its quick as ****, so i think its too quick for the bolt,

the only way to truly get rid of this problem is to get a force fed hopper, or get eyes which is what i need

Suade907
11-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Ok thanks, i have a Halo B for it so it should be fine I would think.

CrazyPaintballer
11-08-2007, 02:21 PM
dang i dont know but i have had my mr2 for just about two weeks have fired just about 3000 shots and have only chopped one ball i guess i was lucky and got a good gun or something cuz but after that first chopped ball i started breaking in my bolt and havent really had a problem

SpyderMan723
11-08-2007, 03:00 PM
It might also have something to do with what your using for air.

Co2 usually brings some problems, thats why I use compressed air.

jbtoronto
11-08-2007, 05:48 PM
dude some MR2 came out with a deffect....valve pin needs to be changed. I called them and they sent me a new valve pin which is a part that goes on the foregrip and allows the air to go through...sooo too much air is coming through....BIG TIME BLOW BACK ISSUE = chop chop chop
(i havent gotten the valve pin yet) you call them and they'll send them to you for FREE

chulito1992
11-10-2007, 07:26 AM
well i bought the turbo valve and it came with a valve pin so i do have blowback but only a little,besides i have a vlocity so i keep the balls with some pressure so they dont move in the feedneck:D

Suade907
11-10-2007, 08:13 AM
Hey Guys I'll try to give them a call first thing Monday. I broke in the spring for a couple days and now I get some chop once in 50 maybe which is still horrible. I'm using a halo B as well.

But now I have a new problem. The balls go nowhere near straight. They come out of the gun go about 15 feet then take off in all crazy directions as if they have some crazy spin on them. It looks like a plane with one wing broke off of it. They will dart right then left and go nowhere near any sort of distance they should. What the heck is this about now. I have the barrel completely cleaned and these balls I'm sure go straight. I can pull out my 98c and they fly nice.

This gun is driving me crazy.

CrazyPaintballer
11-10-2007, 09:47 AM
buy a new barrel the stock barrel isnt the most accurate thing in the world. i reccomened buying buying a new barrel it should fix ur problem and there must be something terribly wrong with ur gun if it chops once ever 50

Suade907
11-10-2007, 12:10 PM
That is with both the stocker and a J&J 14" barrel. There is definitely something wrong with this gun. I have enough guns to know when it's the barrel or balls. I swear, you fire the gun and the balls go all over the place. I'lll get some that curve 10 feet the the right then fly back 20 feet to the left. Some fly in a circular pattern as well. I think that some way they are getting damaged on the exit of the gun somewhere between the bolt and the end of the barrel. I've never seen balls fly like this. They have some crazy sort of spin on them or something. I'm gonna contact kingman on Monday and try to talk to the place I bought it at. This thing sucks so far.

theklu
11-10-2007, 04:01 PM
with the haloB, shoot in the mode where 2 leds blink (2nd speed mode?), i read that that at pbreview.com, its what i shoot at and had the most luck with my hopper setting....this mode lets the gun keep up with the hopper - not too slow, not to fast.

chnk
11-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Hey Guys I'll try to give them a call first thing Monday. I broke in the spring for a couple days and now I get some chop once in 50 maybe which is still horrible. I'm using a halo B as well.

But now I have a new problem. The balls go nowhere near straight. They come out of the gun go about 15 feet then take off in all crazy directions as if they have some crazy spin on them. It looks like a plane with one wing broke off of it. They will dart right then left and go nowhere near any sort of distance they should. What the heck is this about now. I have the barrel completely cleaned and these balls I'm sure go straight. I can pull out my 98c and they fly nice.

This gun is driving me crazy.

this is from high velocity, the main spring is too hard, which in turns causes your bolt to fly forward fast and chopping, since its doing it one out of 50 the bolt seems to be doing its job

i did say the mr2 had some hard ass sprigs, compare it to your pilot and see,

try sticking your pilot main spring in the mr and see how its doing

Suade907
11-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Ok will do. I e-mailed Kingmann since I could not get anyone on the phone and they told me to just send it in and they would fix it. Even if I get no chop the accuracy is so bad. I'm just gonna send it in and hopefully they can fix whatever the problem is.

The way it is now i'd be lucky to hit a human target 1 out 10 times at 20 feet.