PDA

View Full Version : winter cautions

junkyard_dog357
11-07-2007, 07:49 AM
what winter cautions should i take when using my mr1? how does cold affect my marker and the c02? what can i do to prevent damage and make sure the marker fires effienciently?

DFSniper
11-07-2007, 01:34 PM
your gun should be fine. you WILL see an increase in white stuff from the co2 coming out of the barrel. im guessing its not e-framed, so you wont have to worry about anything freezing over unless youre constantly pulling the trigger.

the only real way to keep the co2 from fluctuating the pressure as much is to get an anti-siphon kit for your tank.

junkyard_dog357
11-07-2007, 02:48 PM
what is an anti-siphon kit? how much does it cost? it is hard to install?

shark
11-07-2007, 03:17 PM
i was also wondering if an anti siphon kit would be worth it.

bamf-hacker
11-07-2007, 03:37 PM
An anti-siphon for a C02 tank is one of the best things you can do for it.

By using an anti-siphon it keeps most of the liquid C02 from coming out and passing through your gun.

Is is hard to install no, but you should let a certified airsmith do it for you. When you bring the tank to them make sure you bring the gun also, because the anti-siphon needs to be installed in the correct position and that relates to the way it is on the gun.

As for other things to worry about in the winter??? Paint. Your paint will get very brittle in the winter, if it is cold enough you can use paint maid for cold weather play. Regardless what paint you use make sure to keep it in a cooler so its temperature doesn't fluctuate to much.

vwjimmy
11-07-2007, 04:10 PM
As for other things to worry about in the winter??? Paint. Your paint will get very brittle in the winter, if it is cold enough you can use paint maid for cold weather play. Regardless what paint you use make sure to keep it in a cooler so its temperature doesn't fluctuate to much.
Syntax error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dodgy:

bamf-hacker
11-07-2007, 04:12 PM
LOL.. I was looking around the house and thinking it was messy ;)

maid = made :)

junkyard_dog357
11-07-2007, 07:07 PM
how much does one of these anti-siphon kits cost?

bamf-hacker
11-07-2007, 07:21 PM
$10-$15 not much at all