PDA

View Full Version : remote coil

shark
11-07-2007, 07:01 AM
ok, so i have a trinity remote coil with slide check valve and was wondering if it would work for compressed air. i have used it with co2 but not with compressed air. thanks

Oscum Guy
11-07-2007, 12:34 PM
yeah it will def work with compressed air

DFSniper
11-10-2007, 12:40 PM
i was repairing my remote this morning (dried o-ring and bad on/off) and i noticed the rating on the hose. if yours says 3000psi, don't use a 4500psi tank!

edit: nevermind, i forgot that the output of a hpa tank is only 850...

sphven
11-10-2007, 12:54 PM
would it not be alright to use a 4500psi capacity tank since the highest output for most is 850psi?

DFSniper
11-10-2007, 01:42 PM
hmm, i didnt think about that... it'll work fine then.

edit: noob moment...

Jimmyd24
11-16-2007, 05:20 PM
it works

druid
11-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Yes it will work but before you air it up, take the slide check apart by gently removing the C-clip and feel the 2 little holes in the body under the slide. MAKE SURE that there's NO BURR around the edges of those holes because they will cut the O-Rings inside the slide if there is.
If you feel any burrs, take your dremel and COUNTERSINK the edges of those 2 holes. It only needs to be JUUUUUUUUUUST sub-flush - You don't want to go very deep at all. Reassemble and put the C-clip back in and add oil to the O-Rings on the slide check (or else it will leak) and hook it up to a bottle. BEFORE MOUNTING IT TO A MARKER...blow air through it to clear out any metal filings or dust that may have gotten in there from countersinking those 2 holes. Yer done.

About every bag of paint or so, add 2 drops of oil to the Orings in the slide and it should last you quite a while.

Paintballer
11-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah, from what I've read (I don't own a coil, yet) the coil it self can handle up to 3000psi. Most (if not all) HPA tanks (regardless of 3000, 4500, etc psi) are defaulted to have an output of 850 psi (unless you have a low pressure tank) so the coil can handle it with a large safety margin.
I would have to think that if you had 4500 psi, or even 3000, blowing through your maker it would be useless after the first shot.

But I do have a question, I have been looking at remote coils & I've noticed that some, like yours, have a 'slide check', what is it? lol.

DFSniper
11-25-2007, 03:47 PM
basically, when you turn the tank off, there is still air in the hose between the tank and the reg/valve in the marker. you pull the slide check open so that it releases the excess air through a bleed hole (like the one at the bottom of spyder ASAs). so that way, when you unclip your hose from your gun or unscrew your tank, you wont have air shooting out the hose.

mr1 sniper
11-25-2007, 07:17 PM
basically, when you turn the tank off, there is still air in the hose between the tank and the reg/valve in the marker. you pull the slide check open so that it releases the excess air through a bleed hole (like the one at the bottom of spyder ASAs). so that way, when you unclip your hose from your gun or unscrew your tank, you wont have air shooting out the hose.

exactly, and paintballer. i have one for sale to if you are interested.