PDA

View Full Version : Flash vs Electra

PRoBoxer18
11-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Now this thread is for very open and honest FACTS and OPINIONS. Which gun is better? For speedball, and woodsball. Give me your opinion on which one you think is better. Also Facts on why there better would be nice to. If you had both guns wich one would you put all the upgrades in?

Oscum Guy
11-06-2007, 11:45 AM
depends on which electra your talking about

PRoBoxer18
11-06-2007, 04:00 PM
The Electra 05 vs the Flash

oldironmudder
11-06-2007, 04:07 PM
If the Electra has eyes thats a big advantage period.

Both are based on the 1st gen design so the internals will be pretty much equal.

Type of bolt will also have some effect to operating pressure & speed. Lighter = faster.

If the Electra come with a stock reg thats another good point.

IIRC the Flash has an aluminum bolt & no reg.

Overall the electra is prolly better(given I dont know the specs{bolt & reg}) but you get what you pay for. Byut if you dump $250 into eash one with the same type of parts they are still about equal.

PRoBoxer18
11-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Now my Electra 05 has eyes on it? I chop mad paint though. And I dont use cheap paint either. I have a Halo B V35 hopper. And yet I chop paintb like crazy. Are you positive the Electra 05 has eyes? Dont they turn on as soon as I turn my gun on?

Kenny_McCormic
11-06-2007, 04:20 PM
The 05 comes stock with an ACS bolt instead of eyes. You shouldnt chop withthe acs though.

PRoBoxer18
11-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Oh I still chop though. Should I buy thos eyes that they have for 134.99 I forget the name of them. But would that stop them from chopping?

oldironmudder
11-06-2007, 04:25 PM
If you have the ACS bolt, click the link in my sig about "ACS break in Guide" cause it sounds like you havent broken in the bolt enough.

PRoBoxer18
11-06-2007, 04:32 PM
You have to break the bolt in? Ive played probably twice with this gun.

oldironmudder
11-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Yes you do. The spring in the bolt is to stiff to work right. Once itsbroke in you will not worry about chops.

Oscum Guy
11-06-2007, 05:09 PM
if i were you i would go with the flash b/c i hate the rocking trigger. but thats just me, in some tourneys its not legal.

your best choice would prolly be a pilot (pretty much = to in performance the 05 electra w/o the rocking trig), or a vs1/2 (eyes, better board, newer, better design etc.)

PRoBoxer18
11-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Pilots are nice just like the rocking trigger. Yea I get openly mocked cuz they say I cant walk the real trigger. But I actually can. I also just like the looks of the Electra

SupaSnipa
11-06-2007, 06:01 PM
If you like the rocking trigger then I say go with the VS3 but as a former owner of a VS2 I have to say to go with that. It is a VERY good choice, it has eyes, I only had 3 chops and that was because before a game I accidentally turned the eyes off. Yes you do "need" HPA BUT it is a very good upgrade anyways. I say go for VS2/3, its just better PERIOD.

applesauce
11-07-2007, 02:00 PM
to break in the bolt, put something somewhat soft down the feed port, i used a rolled dish towel and shot it about 500 times or so....

Ace24
11-08-2007, 08:51 AM
'05 Electra is garbage. Rocking trigger frames are garbage... Personally I don't like the Electra. The '06 is good only because it has eyes. I'd personally get rid of the rocking trigger frame. It's illeagle in some fields mainly because it's considered an illeagle modification. It has two micro switches instead of one.

A Spyder is a Spyder... unless you're getting a VS2 or VS3. Then it's a different design. Every Spyder has the same, or close to the same internals/set up. There are the ones that have the LPR and the ones that just have a spring and cap.

There is no such thing as a gun that can't be used as a either a speedball or woodsball gun. You can use a Milsim for speedball and you can use a speedball gun for woodsball... One might not be as comfortable for the style of play, but it CAN be used in both.

Depending on what you're looking to get into... I'd say a MR series Spyder if you're going Woodsball/Scenario. A VS2 if you're going Speedball.

But out of the two you've listed... the Electra is the better buy.

vikingshadow
11-08-2007, 05:57 PM
I'd get the Flash only because it's discontinued and it has the funky annoing...you can add whatever modifications you want to get it to where you need it.

But then, I like having things that are different from what everyone else has.

Oscum Guy
11-08-2007, 05:59 PM
the anno on the flash is awesome.