PDA

View Full Version : CO2 or compressed

Raiderz628
11-05-2007, 06:08 PM
I have a Spyder Pilot with Dye sticky grips a fasta hopper clamping feedneck and stronger springs.
I am wondering if it is worth the tank cost to switch?
I play one day a week in the winter. The cold is no issue it is still hitting 90 in November.
I was going to try my friends Compressed tank but wanted to hear what other people have to say my friends and I are fairly new
Thanks

Hossy
11-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Co2 isnt as constant with the FPS as with HPA.
I would say get HPA because it if you decide to get a better gun sometime, you will have the HPA to put it on, CO2 doesnt work with high end guns.

HELLS HERO
11-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Well...I think most of the following information is correct, if not...sorry haha.

Air:

Pros - more consistent, doesn't hurt o-rings as bad, overall better performance

Cons - expensive tanks, sometimes harder to find

CO2:

Pros - cheap tanks, usually easier to get, can get anti-siphon tube to improve performance and stop some liquid CO2 from reaching gun
Cons - cold, dirty gas, ruins o-rings and can ruin gun if not cleaned after every day of play (dust gets in CO2, thus building up inside gun if not cleaned every once in a while)

So, I guess it's just a matter of what you can get and are willing to spend. I personally use CO2 because I don't have money for a compressed air tank yet, and it's easier to obtain around where I live. But I would use air if I could.

Oscum Guy
11-06-2007, 12:55 PM
i dont really see how hpa is harder to find

spray and pray
11-06-2007, 01:16 PM
I think he means more places fill co2 tanks. Many places don't fill hpa.

Oscum Guy
11-06-2007, 01:21 PM
they do...

SupaSnipa
11-06-2007, 02:36 PM
they do...
More places fill CO2 than HPA. Thus making it harder to find/fill

Oscum Guy
11-06-2007, 03:40 PM
lets just agree to disagree

HELLS HERO
11-06-2007, 05:01 PM
sometimes harder to find

I live out in the middle of nowhere....thus no compressed air. Like I said, it depends on where you live.

oldironmudder
11-06-2007, 05:12 PM
8 years of Co2 use without major problems other than user error. Ive cleaned my marker(s) after everyday of use & before if they have sat up for a while. Beeing so far from a HPA filling place Co2 would be the best bet. A spring kit, anti-siphon & good Co2 happy regulator like a Palmer will do just great.

Oscum Guy
11-06-2007, 06:14 PM
I live out in the middle of nowhere....thus no compressed air. Like I said, it depends on where you live.
yeah i guess ur right.