PDA

View Full Version : Did I wreck my board?

Protan
11-05-2007, 02:54 PM
So i was playing on saturday and my gun was being really retarded. This was my 3rd time using the gun and I was getting set up and noticed my baterry was dead. So I was like oh well ill just put in my spare enigizer. So I put it into the gun and everything seemed fine. The gun was working fine for the first little bit. But then I started having problems during the game. Im not sure what happened, my gun never chops balls so I dont know why it was happening but it wasnt letting me shoot. I was pulling on the trigger and it just wasnt shooting. So I was like looking to make sure there was a ball in the chamber, and there was. I checked to make sure my eyes were on. And they were. So I turned the eyes off and it shot a couple I think but everytime I pulled the trigger it wasnt shooting. It would shoot like 1 out of 5 of my "clicks". So I reasembled the gun. Cleaned it out and it was working fine again. Then the next game same thing happened again. All I know Is I saw paint in my feedneck from braking a ball. (Note this gun has never broke a ball for me before until that day. It has eyes.) So I brought the gun home and was just clicking it by itself not air or balls in the gun. I was just doing 1 shot at a time and its doing the same thing. Sometimes it will shoot when I pull the trigger and sometimes it wont. I take off the battery cover to see if any paint or anything is in there, and not that I can see. I dont know whats going on with my gun. The manual said only use 9.5 volt spyder batterys. Could the 9v Enegizer messed with the board?? I need some knowledge please.

spray and pray
11-05-2007, 03:07 PM
The standard 9 volt does not have enough energy to run the gun properly. That is what the problem sounds like.

Protan
11-05-2007, 05:24 PM
I know but I was using my 9.5volt and was having the same problem as before So I dont understand.

popbean
11-05-2007, 06:58 PM
We know it has eyes, but were they on? If they were maybe its the loader/hopper.

Protan
11-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Right now my gun is working but it goes in and out of these stages. Like I said it was giving me the same problems without air or balls in the gun. Im 99% sure its not the hopper because its gravity fed. The gun wont work after I walk the trigger for a while. And it works again after I open up the circuit board (Take the cover off to see if there is anything wrong) and turn it off and on.

swoosh81
11-06-2007, 04:17 AM
Charge the battery for 6-8 hours.

TXTeague
11-06-2007, 08:30 AM
Charge the battery for 6-8 hours.

Start there because all the problems you are stating can come from a low battery.

L3m0n4d3
11-07-2007, 11:14 AM
the answer to your problem is very simple..all you have to do is recharge the battery that came with your gun for 6-8 hours and give it another try to see if the problem continues and if it doesn't then you know what the problem was.

Protan
11-10-2007, 09:34 PM
So I did as everyone told me I recharged the battery and played again today. Guess what same problem. My gun was working fine at the begining and then after the first game or so I started getting problems. It starts as gradual. First its just a couple shots that dont fire, then its more then half and then im lucky to get 1 shot out of 50 clicks. So I tryed changing the modes. Tryed turning the gun on and off. Tryed turning the eyes off. Nothing. Nothing works. What is up?

swoosh81
11-12-2007, 06:59 AM
How long was it between charging your gun and using it? If you charge it for the 6-8 hours and don't use it for 4-5 days the battery will be almost drained.

Protan
11-12-2007, 04:53 PM
It was the morining before. It was fully charged within a couple hours before I played. I have another question. Do you think its possible I may have over charged my battery? Can you do that? I turned my gun on today and still having the same problems. Does the gun give a sign when the battery is close to dead?

TXTeague
11-13-2007, 05:11 AM
It was the morining before. It was fully charged within a couple hours before I played. I have another question. Do you think its possible I may have over charged my battery? Can you do that? I turned my gun on today and still having the same problems. Does the gun give a sign when the battery is close to dead?

Not 100% on the VS1 but on a VS2 the lower LED will blink rapidly green (if in semi-) and rapidly blink orange (if in burst). When you say the batter was fully charged, did you check it on a voltmeter?

Protan
11-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Yes it was fully charged it was green which ment it was charged. Its red when its charging up. And I think the same thing is with the vs1 that the led blinks and I didnt see anything blinking.

swoosh81
11-13-2007, 02:49 PM
You can overcharge the battery. Have you checked all connections on the board, check your eye wires to see if their pinched.

Protan
11-16-2007, 01:30 PM
I figured out what was wrong. One of the wires inside the frame up towards the main part of the gun disconnected from the gun. Unfortunately I didn't know I had a warranty and didn't mail it in so im gonna have to solder it back on.

TXTeague
11-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Glad you found your problem. Sounds like it should be an easy fix though.

Protan
11-17-2007, 09:31 AM
Hmm wasn't an easy fix it was very hard because I couldnt get the soldering gun in the gap just behind the trigger, it took me about a half hour of figgeting but I finally got it. Very annoying fix especially since I just bought the gun and only used it twice.

Paintball Freak
03-10-2008, 01:46 PM
I use a 9.6 volt battery in my VS1, not a 9.5?? It came with a 9.6...