PDA

View Full Version : ID This Barrel Please - Tear Drop?

Deez
02-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Hey gang,

I bought this barrel some time ago last summer off of ebay. It was advertised as a 2001 Tear Drop barrel and that was the reason why it didn't have the name down near the threading as is on a new version Tear Drop.

I was wondering if anyone could verify it.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/robwest3/IMG_1087.jpg

Thanks.

marvin-martian
02-09-2006, 05:48 PM
ya, it looks like a teardrop.

vikingshadow
02-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Looks like a teardrop to me. But without the jewel to be sure, it could be an off brand of some kind...

marvin-martian
02-09-2006, 05:49 PM
i didnt think there was an off-brand that redid the teardrop. i know there were a few of the nightstick though...

Deez
02-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Yeah, looks like a teardrop, just wanted to make sure because if I ever go to get rid of it, I don't want to be accused of trying to rip someone off. The only reason I've ever been suspect of it is because there isn't that thick part near the threads where they usually slap the Tear Drop logo.

Fires fine...so, I guess I shouldn't worry, but hey, thought I'd ask anyway!

ad0131065
02-09-2006, 06:00 PM
yea its a tear drop but it has been re-threaded. thats why the threads are chrome and not anno'ed black. Something might have been wrong with it or the threads might just have been stripped.

Ares
02-09-2006, 06:01 PM
that is a teardrop. someone must have thought it was too long, then cut and rethreaded it

Deez
02-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Hey, that hadn't even dawned on me. Thanks for the info.

You think it could cause any problems having been rethreaded?

ad0131065
02-09-2006, 06:07 PM
shouldnt cause any problems, not that i know of at least

Recon by Fire
02-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Teardrop or possibly a Big Daddy?

covert24
02-09-2006, 06:13 PM
its a teardrop everyone we established this. chill

durrell
02-09-2006, 07:30 PM
its a teardrop everyone we established this. chill

I think it was established before you had to reassure everyone..stop posting things after they've already been said just to run your post count up. I've held out long enough, and I assure you I'm not the only one who has noticed what you're doing posting in every open thread you see. :mad:

*EM1-Master*
02-09-2006, 07:34 PM
...not necessary... As many people can affirm it as want to... It doesn't cause any trouble, but your comment does... It's just not necessary... As far as the last word goes, practice what you preach.

And yes, it's a rethreaded teardrop... Really unique, actually, as there aren't many people who will do that for you... But yeah... Looks like it would flow pretty sweet on some guns...

Hoppy11
Dude, guys.. its a Teardrop.. come now. Chill.

bigred76
I think it was established before you had to reassure everyone..stop posting things after they've already been said just to run your post count up. I've held out long enough, and I assure you I'm not the only one who has noticed what you're doing posting in every open thread you see. :mad:
:yeahthat: It's annoying. Post whoring is not a good thing, and I am glad I have seen the light.

bungeye
02-09-2006, 07:44 PM
hey i no its a teardrop, but why would they shorten it so much and rethread it> would the old threads of been stripped or somthing? or would it of had the threading for a 98 custom and the previous owner changed it. i am asking this because it the threads get worn after a while i want to know if i can do it to my barrel.

durrell
02-09-2006, 07:47 PM
hey i no its a teardrop, but why would they shorten it so much and rethread it> would the old threads of been stripped or somthing? or would it of had the threading for a 98 custom and the previous owner changed it. i am asking this because it the threads get worn after a while i want to know if i can do it to my barrel.

I imagine it was either too long or stripped. In most instances, it would cost you as much to get it rethreaded as it would to buy a new barrel. It appears he cut it because he didn't like the length (the Teardop badge and rear milling is gone).