PDA

View Full Version : Advantage of VS2 over the ION?

HELLS HERO
11-05-2007, 11:44 AM
I am going to be getting a new gun here soon, and had narrowed it down to the ION and VS2 which are in my price range. I'd really like to stick with a Spyder, because I despise Smart Parts.

But, I was hearing about everyone saying how the ION was so much better than a VS2...but it seems to me that the VS2 is much better for the price.

What I would really like to know is what the strong points of the VS2 are, as well as it's downfalls. Any response is appreciated. :D

Nah 85
11-05-2007, 11:51 AM
VS2 = Low Maintenance

Ion = High Maintenance.

VS2 is fast enough for me does not require the care that the ion needs. Looks better stock.

Go to a shop and hold both guns and decide what you like better.

The Pumper
11-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Well I'd say some stock parts are superior to the ion stock parts. Ex. feedneck, barrel and some may argue the grips.

HELLS HERO
11-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Thanks guys, my brother is picking up an ION this weekend for $100 (only reason he's getting it), so I'll test it out. I'd go to a store, but at the closest shop I can go to the guy is in love with IONs, so his opinion doesn't matter...

newkid
11-05-2007, 02:29 PM
spyders are a peice of cake to take apart, especially compared to ions

applesauce
11-05-2007, 02:43 PM
ide look into the proto slg too, seems to be really simple to maintain and looks awesome!

Hossy
11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks guys, my brother is picking up an ION this weekend for $100 (only reason he's getting it), so I'll test it out. I'd go to a store, but at the closest shop I can go to the guy is in love with IONs, so his opinion doesn't matter...

as much as a 100 dollars seems like a great deal, it isnt that big. It is a few dollars off what i usually see, but still, good pickup IMO

mv540
11-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Vs2 man. Vs2 Better stock, than the ion. and shoots aight. cleaning it is sooo easy.

HELLS HERO
11-05-2007, 05:03 PM
as much as a 100 dollars seems like a great deal, it isnt that big. It is a few dollars off what i usually see, but still, good pickup IMO

Yeah, buddy of mine is getting out of paintball, so my brother is getting all his gear along with his gun.

spray and pray
11-06-2007, 11:15 AM
go with vs2.
It is more air efficient stock, more consistent velocities, and faster.

Ion has more upgrades that's it. (because it sucks without upgrades so they have to have aton of them.)

The Pumper
11-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Do you have proof that is more efficient stock and that it has more consistant velocities?

ttam13xlpb
11-10-2007, 01:26 PM
well its a pretty safe bet that it is more efficient(vs2).but they are both good guns.id have to go with the ion on this one.the vs2 is probably better stock,but with a barrel,feedneck,and on/off the ion is a pretty decent gun.they do require more maintenence though.but if you take care of them they are great for their price.plus there are plenty of cheap ups that make a difference for the ion,and im just givin my opinion im not bias tword smart parts(actually i dont like smartparts at all).IMO ion.but the vs2 is aslso a good choice.you coulnd really go wrong with either choice.