PDA

View Full Version : battery-saving hopper board design?

DFSniper
11-05-2007, 05:24 AM
i dont know much about the electronics in hoppers, so i dont know if anyone has done this yet, but i havent heard anything.

instead of running the ball sensor and the on/off switch to the board seperately, wouldnt it be possible to run them in a circuit, so that even if the power switch was on, if there was a ball in the hopper, the sensor would keep the circuit from completing, so no power would go to the board, and once there was no ball in the hopper, the sensor would complete the circuit to the board, and the board would activate the paddles.

the first design is how i think a normal hopper would work (the board itself would contain the low-battery light, paddle adjustment, etc.) the second is the battery-saving design.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/boards.jpg

timbertiger20
11-05-2007, 06:50 AM
If the eyes are off they won't work! The board and motor don't typically draw power unless the eyes tell it to. So unless you use some new trigger mechanism that forces some metal to contact each other.......Also if you get the chance put an led on a 9 volt and watch it burn up. It need the regulation of the board!

Nah 85
11-05-2007, 11:53 AM
DFSniper = Delta Force Sniper as in Delta Force 1 the cpu game?

DFSniper
11-05-2007, 12:11 PM
no, it goes back to my first "team" when i started playing paintball.

If the eyes are off they won't work! The board and motor don't typically draw power unless the eyes tell it to. So unless you use some new trigger mechanism that forces some metal to contact each other.......Also if you get the chance put an led on a 9 volt and watch it burn up. It need the regulation of the board!

ok, i figured there would be a problem, but i was never too good at circuitry.

Oscum Guy
11-06-2007, 11:54 AM
board needs to operate the eyes. if it wasnt eyes, like what a fasta has then maybe.