PDA

View Full Version : Spyder VS2 Springs

FLiP_416
11-04-2007, 10:45 PM
I went to play some paint ball the other day * mind you this was the first time I brought my gun to an indoor Paint ball field* And i went to check the velocity with the fields chrony. Well after i saw that i was shooting 280 psi, i went to change the velocity on my gun... I wasn't able to change it down to their standards *240 psi* SO then i asked how would i lower my velocity on this marker. The workers on the field said that spyder guns tend to have problems changing the velocity on the gun... it was either i cut the spring or having to buy a spyder spring set... im just wondering if this is true...

Border411
11-05-2007, 11:46 AM
actually...280 is about where my spyder VS2 shoots as well. You shouldnt be concerned about what the operating pressure is---you should be concerned about what velocity the paintball is shooting at. At 280PSI operating pressure, I am shooting consistantly at 270fps. It is what it is. If you take 2 brand new guns, with the same paint, never having been used before, I guarantee the operating pressures will be different. No 2 guns are the same.

FYI--if you are using the stock reg, it is a little picky. Sometimes it takes a lot of screwing in the allen screw to lower the pressure, sometimes just a little bit of a turn works.

FLiP_416
11-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Well i dunno what to do cus if im not able to lower my PSI to 240, i can't play rec ball at that feild.. i tried using the allen key and i turned it all the way to the left. I turned it soo far that it can go any further..... It was weird though, we i used the Chrony i lowered the volocity, it would drop alittle bit *270 psi*, but when i lowered it again, the chrony would say that it went higher *280 psi* and it kept doing that.... funny thing was that it didn't even reach to 240 PSI.. lol.. it didn't even reach to 250 PSI.... i dunno what to do...

L3m0n4d3
11-06-2007, 08:14 AM
I think your confusing the two..psi and fps are different although they do affect each other but psi shouldn't matter as long as your gun cycles properly...what you want to do to adjust your velocity is turn the velocity adjuster on the back of your gun..

FLiP_416
11-06-2007, 10:28 AM
oh.. im sorry:( lol.. im kinda new... ok, so when you used a chrony it measure fps? Ok.. so when i want to adjust my fps, I have to turn the velocity adjuster on the back of my gun... Well i turned it all the way, and yet i still shoot about 260-280 fps... What should i do to correct this?

oldironmudder
11-06-2007, 04:21 PM
You could cut the spring at 1/4 coil at a time & then buy a new one from kingman at around 3-4 buck or buy a normal spyder spring kit & cut the main springs down to equal the VS lenght.

Have you taken the velocity adjuster out & turned the reg down?

FLiP_416
11-07-2007, 09:54 AM
noi havent.. im just wondering what PSI do i have to turn the reg too?

L3m0n4d3
11-07-2007, 11:01 AM
noi havent.. im just wondering what PSI do i have to turn the reg too?

since your prob haven't broken in your reg your going to have to set the psi anywhere from 240-280

Border411
11-08-2007, 11:19 AM
oh.. im sorry:( lol.. im kinda new... ok, so when you used a chrony it measure fps? Ok.. so when i want to adjust my fps, I have to turn the velocity adjuster on the back of my gun... Well i turned it all the way, and yet i still shoot about 260-280 fps... What should i do to correct this?

Flip...there are 2 places to adjust your operating pressure. The adjuster on the back of the gun is to FINE TUNE the velocity. There is a small allen set screw on the left side of your ASA (where the tank screws in). If you turn it in (clockwise) you will lower the operating pressure of your gun. You will NOT actually see the needle going down on the pressure gauge! You need to shoot the gun while you are turning it in a few times with each adjustment to get the correct reading on the gauge. Then, check the velocity with a chrono. When you are in the ballpark for the velocity you want (usually around 280fps), then you can adjust the screw on the back. A little hint, turn the screw all the way out, then all the way in counting how many times it completely turns. Once you have that number, set it in the middle so you can set the velocity either higher or lower.

FLiP_416
11-11-2007, 09:13 PM
wicked.. it worked like a charm.. thanks border411... I even took your advice about the velocity screw.... thanks again:)