PDA

View Full Version : Update to the SL66.

timmyshoota
11-04-2007, 02:30 PM
So, after the tourney today, while the finals were being played I swapped parts with my friend. Its now gloss red with dust red parts, although my crappy camera makes that tough to see. I've got other macro just haven't put it on yet, and I've got stock grips but can't use them. Also got a new button pad since it didn't have one on it before.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/chakazulu/paintball%20things/DSC00703.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/chakazulu/paintball%20things/DSC00704.jpg

I'll be ordering a set of grips like Muddy had on his SL66 soon, but in a different custom design. I'm loving the color scheme, and a teammate of mine has an dust red with gloss red parts SL74, so we've our guns are cousins. :) It shot great at the tourney today, and good thing, because its gonna be my gun for most of the 08 season.

Hossy
11-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Looks sweet
the only thing I would change is the grips and the macro- just like you said.

oh boy it makes me want to get a hand on a ego so badly :rolleyes:

HelpDeskHustler
11-04-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm with hossy, grips and macro ruin it. otherwise very hot :tup: any insight on what grips you are planning to get?

Hossy
11-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm with hossy, grips and macro ruin it. otherwise very hot :tup: any insight on what grips you are planning to get?

I think he refered to the Dark Seoul grips...or thats what taco had on his

timmyshoota
11-04-2007, 02:57 PM
I've got black macro on it now. I prefer the yellow macro just because I love random macro colors, but black will do.

For grips, Dark Seoul or whoever makes the custom ones Muddy got. I've already got a design, just need some $$$ to order them.

HelpDeskHustler
11-04-2007, 03:02 PM
good, i was hoping to see you do that rather than ruin the class of the sl66 with some trashy whore / gangbanger grips or whatever is new with hybrid

shunut
11-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Very nice Chris. Much better than the McDonalds colors that were on it.

Muddytaco
11-04-2007, 08:04 PM
stinger paintball designs made mine.

I like the XSV pad on BW gun lol.:up:

timmyshoota
11-04-2007, 08:40 PM

Yeah, found the website, just gotta design a template and send it to him.

Ace24
11-05-2007, 10:16 PM

Dark Seoul makes them, Stinger Paintball distributes them.

Have you thought about red macro fittings from Hobby? Silver ones are kinda killing it for me considering there is nothing else silver on the gun accept for the bolt pin and thinger on the ASA...

timmyshoota
11-06-2007, 07:39 AM
Dark Seoul makes them, Stinger Paintball distributes them.

Have you thought about red macro fittings from Hobby? Silver ones are kinda killing it for me considering there is nothing else silver on the gun accept for the bolt pin and thinger on the ASA...

Color macro fittings are ugly IMO.

VS3 Sniper
11-06-2007, 10:18 AM
There is a guy on on PBN that makes colored Ego bolt pins. I'll see if i can find the page a lil later.

Oscum Guy
11-06-2007, 12:36 PM
looks alot betta nao

Ace24
11-06-2007, 09:29 PM
looks alot betta nao
Either you keep vomiting on your keyboard and can't see (or your fingers keep slipping) or you seriously just enjoy typing like that and non-intentionally irritating the piss out of me.

I liked the colored fittings on Bamf's guns... ...and the black ones on my MR1 look great.

To each their own I guess.

timmyshoota
11-07-2007, 05:05 PM
I liked the colored fittings on Bamf's guns... ...and the black ones on my MR1 look great.

Its mostly the fact that it probably won't match. Black is hard to not match, but other colors have variations. The reason why I don't have red macro is it doesn't match. It matches my Shocktech Timmy, but not my SL66.

bamf-hacker
11-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Send the gun to me and I will send you back some matching fittings, but of course I will need to keep the marker. I will send just the fittings :)

Nice marker buddy.

Oscum Guy
11-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Either you keep vomiting on your keyboard and can't see (or your fingers keep slipping) or you seriously just enjoy typing like that and non-intentionally irritating the piss out of me.

dude, get off my case. lol.

or... git off mah case.

i dont see how this annoys people. its faster to type and just as easy to read almost.

bamf-hacker
11-07-2007, 08:26 PM
It annoys me and if the two of you don't stop you are both getting long vacations!!!!

Stop spamming threads with this childish bickering.

Sorry timmyshoota....

BACK ON TOPIC

timmyshoota
11-07-2007, 08:36 PM
It annoys me and if the two of you don't stop you are both getting long vacations!!!!

Stop spamming threads with this childish bickering.

Sorry timmyshoota....

BACK ON TOPIC

STOP SPAMMING MY THREAD WITH YOUR BULLYING. :p

bamf-hacker
11-07-2007, 08:42 PM
timmyshoota = :banned:

;)

vikingshadow
11-08-2007, 04:40 AM
I'm backing BAMF here - stop the spamming or else.

Oscum, it bothers me as well, and this isn't your personal blog or chat room. It isn't as easy to read to the rest of us and is quite annoying to MANY people, based off of pm's I personally have received. You've had a vacation of sorts already for this behavior. Personally, I wouldn't push it so close to having come back, but if you believe in Freedom of Speech, by all means keep at it!

Ace, this kind of thing needs to go to the PMs. While many may agree with you, it just breeds arguments and things we don't need to do have around here.

BAMF - :p

Timmy - Caps lock is on the left side of your keyboard. Sheesh! :moon:

Ace24
11-08-2007, 07:40 AM
I see what you mean about the fittings probably not matching... it'd be too much hassle to get them annoed the exact same color.

I wish they had a larger variety of colors for macro...

...or even designs. Wouldn't it be cool to get some black macro with Japanese print it in white? Or other things like the Louis Vuitton(sp) designer stuff.

Maybe they should stop developing guns that they feel are 'better' and more on accessories and little things like macro. Hehe. :p

Oscum Guy
11-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I see what you mean about the fittings probably not matching... it'd be too much hassle to get them annoed the exact same color.

I wish they had a larger variety of colors for macro...

...or even designs. Wouldn't it be cool to get some black macro with Japanese print it in white? Or other things like the Louis Vuitton(sp) designer stuff.

Maybe they should stop developing guns that they feel are 'better' and more on accessories and little things like macro. Hehe. :p

colored fittings are powdercoated.

ok you guys win, i guess ill start using the longer, grammatically correct speech.

vike- you have been gettin pm's about me? wow. i just received a pm from the pumper stating the following:

Edited as PMs are exactly that - private messages. They don't need to be made public....

Ace24
11-08-2007, 05:24 PM
colored fittings are powdercoated.
I'm pretty sure they are annoed... The black ones I have are not powder coated.

In fact, due to the anno, there is a small leak in them because they don't seal all the way... I've got to talk to Hobby about that.

Oscum Guy
11-08-2007, 05:35 PM
pretty sure they are powdercoated because they are made from brass and you can only anno ss and al.

edit: checked the site, and yes youre right, they are made from al and annoed. i could have swore he used to powdercoat brass fittings tho

Ace24
11-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Lol you had me worried about your sanity for a second there. :p

They make brass barbs... maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Oscum Guy
11-08-2007, 05:58 PM
hobbyhorse fittings are probably just alot better than mine because mine are made from brass.

and imo brass is like the most pointless metal ever used. everything that it is used to make, can be made better with other metals. well most.

vikingshadow
11-08-2007, 06:17 PM
vike- you have been gettin pm's about me? wow.

Yes, and I'm sure I'm not the only mod that's received them. This ought to tell you something, if you put some thought into it.

We appreciate the fact that you're going to try harder and type in a more respectable manner, not in the "chat" type anymore, nor spamming the way you have in the past. That sort of speak falls under the old "AGG" that quickly became so uncool in like what, a matter of days? When you present yourself in a more respectful, and respectable, manner, people will reciprocate in like fashion. On the internet, since no one knows you, this is always the better decision.

Now, back on track - I think I may need to get a set of those colored fittings. Just for a change, that is!

Hossy
11-08-2007, 06:21 PM
That sort of speak falls under the old "AGG" that quickly became so uncool in like what, a matter of days?

LOL AGG in one of Chris's threads.

Dont get colored fittings

vikingshadow
11-08-2007, 06:27 PM
I don't know - I saw some on some of BAMF's guns, and they don't look half bad. Sort of goes with the flow, so to speak...

Oscum Guy
11-08-2007, 06:43 PM
i would only get the black ones. bamfs look a little different than the new ones.

man this grammatically correct stuff takes forever to type!