PDA

View Full Version : just wanted to share a problem that has happened twice to me

faithalone
11-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Thought this may be of use to some people out there. I have seen this personally twice and once on another guys VS2 last weekend. It has to do with the gauge.

The first time I tried to rebuild my reg and did it all wrong. When I gassed up the marker it messed the gauge up so I was unable to chrono any kind of consistancy because even though the gauge read about 280 I couldnt get my FPS above 240 or so.

The second time was today and I installed a new Bob Long gauge. I gassed it up and went to play and was chopping paint in the breech like crazy. It was one of my worst days playing paintball because I must have assembled/dissassambled my VS2 20 times.

I get home and realize that my last upgrade was the gauge so I pop another one on and voila, the one I had on there was reading wrong and the pressure was really at or over 400 which was breaking the paint. Talk about frustrating!

The first time I actually sent my marker into Kingman and those awesome techs fixed it up for me and put a Spyder 0-600 PSI gauge rather than the one that only goes to 300. I think that is much better because it is harder to blow the gauge.

I hope this info helps someone else.

Michael

spray and pray
11-04-2007, 02:18 AM
sorry that happened to you. I played paintball some speedball yesterday with my gun (spyder xtra, rocking trigger, eggy, alamocity striker, new hose, offset screw hole thing, dye stickies) and my gun got all messed up. I don't know what happened but all I know is that I had to call myself out of every other game because the inside of my hopper was soaked in paint, my barrel was so junked up it wouldn't self clean, my bolt was soaked in paint, and other poblems. Thank god my roking trigger didn't get messed up one of the games. My gun was working right all the way through one of the games and that game I took at least 40 shots to the gun. It was soaked in paint.......
That was the most annoying thing that happened to me. I took my gun apart 17 times exactly yesterday.

faithalone
11-04-2007, 02:21 AM
yup, sounds like you know exactly how i felt too and i took my marker apart at least that many times too. I still need to do my Halo today. I went ahead and bought a suicide shell off of ebay last night to make the chore easier in the future....

was your problem related to mine (too much pressure) or have you found out yet?

spray and pray
11-04-2007, 09:47 AM
no idea. I still need to take apart my eggy again. I'm just going to sell my gun and get a vs2. Once I get the vs2 I will probably get the gauge that goes from 0-600 thanks for the warning.
Do you know if the stock vs2 feedneck will hold a eggy 3?

faithalone
11-04-2007, 09:53 AM
should work just fine, i havent heard of any problems, the stock feedneck is not the greatest on the VS2 or VS3. I have changed mine to clamping feednecks. You can use any that have the standard ion threading.

spray and pray
11-04-2007, 09:55 AM
oh. Is the vs2 feedneck the same as the ions?

faithalone
11-04-2007, 09:58 AM
yeah the threading is.....

spray and pray
11-04-2007, 10:16 AM
ok Well is it the same size feedneck as the ion? Because the ions won't hold the eggy.

The Pumper
11-04-2007, 10:32 AM
the vs2 feedneck is clamping unlike the stock ion feedneck.

JustAnotherOne
11-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Looks like the only old guns had problem with gauge. I have a brand new gun and mistakely I set the pressure over 300 psi, my gauge wouldn't show the actual pressure but it didn't blow. Once I normalized the pressure gause start working as it should be.

spray and pray, you might not need another gauge, don't waste your monet, just try the one that comes with gun.

Be aware that if you play with the pressure over 300 you might mess up gutts (valve in particular) so you basically don't need gauge with higher pressure scale.