PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with my gun?

JustAnotherOne
11-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with my gun and what I can do to fix it? I don't really want to ship it to Spyder but looks like I have no choice.

With ASA regulator all the way down (minimal air pressure) I have 290 psi on gauge. When I make a shot pressure would go to 200 psi. If I wait for 4-5 seconds, pressure would increase to 290 again. Shot - 200 psi, one more shot immediately after first - 140 psi. If I make a shot before presure would reach 200-210 psi mark, gun wouldn't recock. But it takes like 10 secs before presure would increase over 200 psi.

If I try to open ASA regulator a little bit, presure on gauge would go over 300 psi. I have tried to increase pressure and shot fast to keep presure below 300 psi, everything works well. But if I will wait like 5 seconds, pressure would go over 300 psi.

That doesn't look like right.

I have tried to disassemle gun completely and check the valve. Looks like valve is fine. Just in case I have changed seal and o-rings but that didn't help.

Hossy
11-03-2007, 12:20 PM
First, welcome to the forums!

This is a great place to get help, and learn to help people!

Did you break break in your gun? that may be the reason.. The reg needs a few hundred shots or so to get broken in...

swoosh81
11-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Put 3 drops of paintball oil into the reg. and dryfire with barrel off about 20 shots.

JustAnotherOne
11-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks, I hope after a while I would be able to help some people too.

I took gun on a field and shot about 1500 paintballs. Then I have tried to lubricate internals and dry-fired about 100-200 times.

I'm talking gun on a field tomorrow for 1000-2000 more paintballs. I wonder should I set it up over 300 psi or that may damage internals?

swoosh81
11-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Kingman says to set your psi between 200-250. When I broke mine in I had it set at 280, with no problems. With going over 300 there's a chance you'll break the gauge.

JustAnotherOne
11-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Could you please read the description of my problem?

The lowest pressure I can set up is 290 which drops to 140 after 2 shots. If I setup over 300, it would drop to 180 or 200 after 2-3 shots and raise up to over 300 (i don't know what it is) in 10-15 seconds.

swoosh81
11-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Put Oil In It, Like I Stated!!

JustAnotherOne
11-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Put Oil In It, Like I Stated!!

I'll try tomorrow once again but it didn't help first 2 times.

DonF
11-03-2007, 06:41 PM
I'll try tomorrow once again but it didn't help first 2 times.
I think your correct throwing more oil into a problem regulator, probably wont help that much. If you cant disassemble the regulator yourself and your marker is still under warranty, You may have to get Kingman involved. I have seen a similar recharge problem if the pin on your air tank doesnt get pushed in all the way, but with the high minimum pressures your talking about, and the recharge problems.... from this side of the computer screen Its sure sounds like a regulator problem

faithalone
11-03-2007, 06:47 PM
what kind of FPS are you getting on the chrono?

I was just about to start a new post to share something that has happened to me twice now and the first time caused similiar problems. My gauge was reading wrong and the first time I guess it was really too low so my FPS was inconsistent because I was starving my marker.

Today the new gauge i put on was off so thinking I was at about 225-250 I was really at about 325-400 and was chopping paint like crazy, it drove me bonkers until I got home and put on another gauge and realized that is what the problem is. Dropped the pressure and went through a full hopper on ramping with no break with my sons Empire Sound activated loaded cause my Halo is full of paint that I now gotta clean out :(

Good luck with your problem and if you have to send it in to service and I would be more than happy to help more via pm email or phone.

swoosh81
11-04-2007, 05:13 AM
Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with my gun and what I can do to fix it? I don't really want to ship it to Spyder but looks like I have no choice.

With ASA regulator all the way down (minimal air pressure) I have 290 psi on gauge. When I make a shot pressure would go to 200 psi. If I wait for 4-5 seconds, pressure would increase to 290 again. Shot - 200 psi, one more shot immediately after first - 140 psi. If I make a shot before presure would reach 200-210 psi mark, gun wouldn't recock. But it takes like 10 secs before presure would increase over 200 psi.

If I try to open ASA regulator a little bit, presure on gauge would go over 300 psi. I have tried to increase pressure and shot fast to keep presure below 300 psi, everything works well. But if I will wait like 5 seconds, pressure would go over 300 psi.

That doesn't look like right.

I have tried to disassemle gun completely and check the valve. Looks like valve is fine. Just in case I have changed seal and o-rings but that didn't help.

Where in this post does it say you oiled it? Nowhere, you need to give all info. when you first post or it's like a dog chasing his tail.

faithalone
11-04-2007, 05:24 AM
he stated that he oiled the internals in his second post....

swoosh81
11-04-2007, 05:32 AM
The internals not the reg. a reg. is not part of the internals.

JustAnotherOne
11-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks folks for your support.

I had to disassemble the regulator and clean up the guts before my gun start shooting any better. So in my case it was the regulator. I'm happy I have solved the problem by my self and saved 2 weeks of games instead of waiting till Spyder will rebuild my gun.

I still have to shot with 280-290 psi for my gun to recock but I hope that after a little while it will brake in and I'd lower the pressure.

faithalone
11-05-2007, 03:06 AM
Great job rebuilding the regulator, not a totally easy task and now you know how to do it. kudos to you...

and yes much better than having your marker down for two weeks or more.

and yes you are right, the more you use your reg and your marker the more consistant it will be. you also have your valve, valve return spring, and striker spring to break in as well :)

enjoy yourself!

DonF
11-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks folks for your support.

I had to disassemble the regulator and clean up the guts before my gun start shooting any better. So in my case it was the regulator. I'm happy I have solved the problem by my self and saved 2 weeks of games instead of waiting till Spyder will rebuild my gun.

I still have to shot with 280-290 psi for my gun to recock but I hope that after a little while it will brake in and I'd lower the pressure.

Cool all fixed :) One thing that might be causing you to run higher pressures... the valve My VS2 was starting to have to run a little higher presures too. I keep the thing spotless, so I started looking and the valve just didnt feel right - it was sticking. You could feel it with just your fingers.
I took Gold cup oil and worked it back and forth -Still sticking Took the valve apart With two strap wrenches (Dont touch with pliers!) its loctited but not bad.
Anyway a little Silicone / Clear Lithuim / or full Synthetic grease on the o-rings (Sil-Glyde SG-2 or Superlube is what I use) And ohhh yea much much better.
Dont use regular auto grease on paintball stuff it swells orings. Superlube grease can be found at harbor freight in the 3oz tube in the auto row or some hardware stores. Super lube does have other products like spray and oil, but the grease is what I use. I found the Sil-Glyde at Gi-Joes when I was in a hurry it works fine, but Superlube has Teflon in it. I still use gold cup (blowback oil) for most items onthe vs2 but regs and the valve work well with a little thicker lube. Any way that's my experience.
http://www.agscompany.com/products/productImages/1129046117_sl_sil_Glyde.jpg
Sg2 is the one in the Plastic

http://www.super-lube.com/images/prodcts.jpg
Super Lube Synthetic grease is on the left.

faithalone
11-06-2007, 01:49 AM
coll info and thank for sharing with the community, i am having great luck with hater sauce but the lube you mentioned would work just as well as well as dow33 and dow55 which you can find at industrial supply places like Grainger for about $15 a tube.

have fun!

DonF
11-06-2007, 05:03 AM
I have heard one of the dows will swell o-rings I think its 55. Superlube works just as well as the Hater, you mentioned. Its slick, it has teflon (ptfe) and runs about 5 bucks a tube.

swoosh81
11-06-2007, 05:21 AM
Yeah dow 55 will swell your o-rings. The only thing I've heard people use it on is for the CP reg. and Trinity sends some with the trinity body to put on the valve and front block o-rings.

JustAnotherOne
11-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks for your answers and support guys.

Just FYI, today I had the same problem again. It took me to disassemble and clean regulator. I was extremely careful but probably little bit of sand got into it :-( just be aware. ..or I got too sensitive gun :-D