PDA

View Full Version : Mr1 problems

shark
11-03-2007, 07:40 AM
When i went out to shoot my mr1 during a woods ball game the ball had no velocity at all. i checked the velocity meter on the back of the gun and it was fine, i think this is a simple o-ring issue but if you know differently please tell. Also if you have had this issue before and have any comments

oldironmudder
11-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Check your striker o-ring. I had one go bad but not completly go out & a stone stock marker was out shooting my tuned marker.

paintballkid0206
11-03-2007, 07:57 AM
take the feedneck off and look to see if the anti double-feed detent is in. one week i went to chrono and that detent waqsnt in there, and the balls would just roll out my barrel. otherwise i would check an o-ring like oldironmudder said

shark
11-03-2007, 08:47 AM
alright thanks

cyberthrasher_706
11-03-2007, 04:01 PM
You might also want to make sure your bolt is in the right way. The side with the slot in it goes toward the side with the feedneck. If it's not than that means you have the bolt upside down and you're not getting any air through to the painball, relying on the bolt alone to just lob it out the barrel about 3-5 feet.

shark
11-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Well i took apart the gun and made sure everything was in the right way :o and put it back together and now i have the mr1 that i love back. thanks everyone

paintballkid0206
11-04-2007, 03:55 PM
that's good. congratulations! lol. the first time i took mine apart, i forgot to attatch the bolt and striker, so it didn't work. but i'm just so smart(:dodgy: )and i fixed it all by myself

AMP Warrior
11-04-2007, 05:12 PM
I'll bet :)
Dont worry i have done the same thing. I took my bolt out, put it back in upside down, started playing, then noticed somthin was wrong :)

cyberthrasher_706
11-04-2007, 05:22 PM
I'll bet :)
Dont worry i have done the same thing. I took my bolt out, put it back in upside down, started playing, then noticed somthin was wrong :)
Yeah, we usually park the rigs and unload, get everything ready, then walk to our normal "base camp" with everything ready to go so I was firing a couple of test rounds off, first time using a remote and all and it was doing this same thing. So we got to base camp and I field stripped the hell out of it, somehow missed the upside down bolt the first couple of times I went through and then about 45 minutes later realized the problem. I even went as far as throwing my spare co2 tank and my stock barrel to try finding the culprit. Turns out the culprit was just me and my A.D.D. :headbrick:

AMP Warrior
11-05-2007, 03:16 PM
^&*( happens

paintballkid0206
11-05-2007, 07:03 PM
...Turns out the culprit was just me and my A.D.D. :headbrick:

i love being A.D.D. i'm not really A.D.D., but all of my friends, and teachers think so.

joserod1
10-10-2010, 09:11 PM
My spyder mr1 has a pronblem also. i need help. wen i shoot my spyder the balls dint have velocity only went for 2 inches n wen i shoot it it smelled like it was burning from the inside. the bolt was smelling bad. like burning. idk wat to do. help!?

TheDarkShadow
10-11-2010, 05:18 AM
disassemble the gun and look at it. see if it's missing o-rings

oldironmudder
10-11-2010, 05:44 AM
My spyder mr1 has a pronblem also. i need help. wen i shoot my spyder the balls dint have velocity only went for 2 inches n wen i shoot it it smelled like it was burning from the inside. the bolt was smelling bad. like burning. idk wat to do. help!?

Read the manual. Take it apart. Replace all orings & oil them. Put marker back together. Apply air to see if it shoots. If so, get some paint & goto a chronograph & set the speed to 275-285fps.

wiz555
10-13-2010, 11:48 AM

Oldiron is correct, if it is smelling like that you need new orings on ALL the moving parts i would say to be safe, and it news some oil BADLY, remember not to over oil it as that can cause issues as well, lastly if your marker is doing that, its probly killing that little rubber detent as well right now so i woudl replace that as well. other then that yes take it COMPLETLY appart, FOLLOW THE MANUAL, and clean it throughly, squeegies, microfibers, a little water, my policy when im cleaning my markers ir make it look as close as i can to how it looked comming out of the box.