PDA

View Full Version : O-ring Material

faithalone
11-03-2007, 04:37 AM
what is the material of the o-rings on the VS2 and VS3.

For example, the black ones on the bolt, front block etc. are those buna?

What about the red one on the striker?

The clear ones used on the valve and the regulator?

What is one was to use another color oring as a replacement in one of these places, would there be any problems?

Thanks!

oldironmudder
11-03-2007, 07:55 AM
The bolt & VA are buna. I cant think of the red one on the striker but otter has it on his site. Clear ones? Ive used black buna on my valves & tanks without problems.

I tried a buna on my striker but it didnt work out, I think I had it one size to big. But have heard a buna will work.

faithalone
11-05-2007, 04:35 PM
just so you know the striker o-ring is urethane that has just been dyed red. you may find it more commonly in the clear/milky color and it is an 015 size..

enjoy!

DonF
11-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Page 13 of the Vs manual has specific instructions not to sub a White Urethane tank o-ring for the striker o-ring. I have a new vs striker o-ring and the new tank o ring is much harder. Anyone found out all the VS oring sizes yet?
Plain old #15 (Nitrile also known as Buna-N) 80Duro will do quite a bit of The marker and they can be found at most hardware stores or even Harbor Freightfor like $5 bucks for a box of 500, but there are a few that I havent matched up yet, including the striker because I have extras from Kingman but only a few. Anyone got info?

faithalone
11-09-2007, 01:56 AM
i hadnt noticeed that info in the manual on the striker oring. i took one in to a oring distributor and he said that the red oring was just a urethane oring dyed red and was 90 in durometer, of course he could just not know what he was talking about.

as far as all of the o-ring sizes, i have a kit available now, if interested pm me.

michael

DonF
11-10-2007, 07:42 AM
as far as all of the o-ring sizes, i have a kit available now, if interested pm me.

michael

So Michael what your saying is you where going to help out the Vs comunity with an oring size chart and info... but now instead your going to try and spam the Kingmans Spyder board to make a buck? I really dont want your kit I can get orings all day, any day 5 minutes from my home for cheap, and so can the majority of people here. It looks like I will have to size the orings myself and post the sizes for everyone else.
As some persons of faith are so fond of saying - WWJD?

oldironmudder
11-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Taken from Otter's site.

Part
Dimensions
Material

Slim Striker (Newer Spyders, Red in color) Same diameter as VS series.
9/16"x11/16"x1/16"
Polyurethane

ESP Striker Same diameter as VS series.
9/16"x11/16"x1/16"
Polyurethane

Valve
9/16"x11/16"x1/16"
Nitrile or Buna-N

Bolt
9/16"x11/16"x1/16"
Polyurethane

Barrel
9/16"x11/16"x1/16"
Nitrile or Buna-N

Vertical Adapter
9/16"x11/16"x1/16"
Nitrile or Buna-N

Gas through grip or Expansion chamber
9/16"x11/16"x1/16"
Polyurethane

Tank
9/16"x11/16"x1/16"
Polyurethane

Ive used Buna-n on everything but the striker with no problems. I havent had the time to bulk order replacement orings for strikers, But when I find some at a good price that hold up Ill let yall know.

faithalone
11-10-2007, 03:24 PM
DonF,

I pm'd you. I think that the price is very fair considering the amount of work that I had to do get the sizes and purchase the orings. Everyone else that I have talked to has said that the price is reasonable.

I am not getting rich from this, I would however. like to get back part of the $100 hosting bill for the site and the $56.00 that it cost to purchase all of the orings. I dont think that is unreasonable.

As far as WWJD, I think He has done it all already by giving His life for us and anyone (even selfish sinners like me) can place their faith in Him and Him alone for eternal life and be guaranteed to spend eternity with Him.

I apologize if my actions seems contrary to my faith. Please accept my sincere apology and I would love to send you a pack of the orings, even pay for the shipping out of my pocket if you just PM with your address.

Much love,
Michael

DonF
11-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Does anyone have a list of all the o-rings used on a VS marker and their sizes, material, etc. I would like to keep this handy as well as make it available to others for easy reference.

I don't want your o-rings,I know your not getting rich, thats not the point. I was hoping you would do what you said. A oring index would help allot of people, imagine breaking one while playing and getting in the car and being able to pick one up and get back in the game. Now what you want others to do is if they break one - order a few sets from you pay more and wait. That's the American way, but its not in the best interest of the community. Think if everybody here held out their knowledge for profit? There wouldn't be much use coming here at all. We could all rationalize why we could use a few extra bucks, but I dont think holding info hostage is the way to do it. If your o-rings are so reasonably priced then whats the harm?
Don't worry if you don't feel compelled to follow through, others will, it just takes time like you said.

The VS has many more orings than is listed in otters early spyder how too. It just takes time to match them up.

faithalone
11-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Don,

I try to have extra orings, bolts, etc. in a tool box that i take with me on field day. I keep extra macro line, fittings, teflon tape etc. I also keep a large assortment of orings.

I have been more than kind to you even offering to send you a free pack. You have the right to feel the way you do. Would you like to help share a part of the hosting fee with me for the site? I am going to guess that you do not. What about the cost of the o-ring sizer? As I stated before my wife and I have five children at home and all I would like to do is recoup some of the cost involved in getting the list together. I dont think that is unreasonable.

I dont even keep the products that companies send me to write reviews on, I give them away once the reviews are tested just to maintain integrity just like today at the field when I have away the new Mafia Stylz Speed Caps that were sent to me. And you can ask other on this board who have received packages from me, all shipped at my cost..... I think I am serving the VS community well and am always trying to promote Kingman because they have been so good to me and i believe in their product.

If someone else wants to do the work and find out all of the sizes and post them it would probably still be cheaper to just get a set from me but that would be their choice.

I guess you cant please all people but my offer still stands and if you would like a kit then just pm your address and I will drop one on the mail to you free of charge.

Blessings,
Michael

oldironmudder
11-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Faith, throw a pm my way about the orings.