PDA

View Full Version : Special Olympics Regional Bowling Meet

shunut
11-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Today was the Regional bowling meet for the Special Olympics. Abby's devision when down to the last frame. She had came in 2nd the first game with a 57, the girl who was in first got a 63, so she was down 6 pins to start. Well, going into the last frame she needed 8 pins to tie, 9 to win. So I took her up to the line (I'm her coach) and told her right down the middle, we really need a strike here. She threw the ball and I knew right away we got it. Although I thought she had a strike, but she didn't have enough power behind it and only got 9 which was all we needed. I yelled and she jumped up and down, it was awesome. She ended up picking up the spare but didn't get anything on the next ball but it didn't matter. I was so proud of her. Her entire team did really well and had lots of fun!

Hossy
11-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Congrats Josh and Abby!

Jegger24
11-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Congrats Josh and Abby!

:yeahthat:

:applause:

durrell
11-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Congrats Josh and Abby!

Troofs, that's pretty awesome..picking up 9 when she only needed 8. :thumbup:

DFSniper
11-02-2007, 04:11 PM
awesome!

The Pumper
11-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Very good.

Just curious since I've never been to one. Do they use bumpers or not? Not saying if using them would be a bad thing, just something I was wondering.

Congratulations on a job well done, Coach. ;)

xsgmike66x
11-02-2007, 04:36 PM
sweet, like i said b4 josh, tell her congrats for me! Congrats to you too, I wasnt aware your her coach.

newkid
11-02-2007, 04:36 PM
that sounds great, congratulations

shunut
11-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Very good.

Just curious since I've never been to one. Do they use bumpers or not? Not saying if using them would be a bad thing, just something I was wondering.

Congratulations on a job well done, Coach. ;)

No, they don't use bumpers. Some of the kids use ramps because they are either in wheelchairs or unable to carry the ball. My sister is the only one there in a wheelchair that does not use a ramp.

The Pumper
11-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Thats very impressive. They should just play in a pro league then. :)

Congratulations. That is quite impressive. Good luck to her in any meets she competes in the future.