PDA

View Full Version : marker oil for internal parts?

Gravedigger
02-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Hello folks,

I have a questions bout the oil used for all internal moving parts of the Imagine or any marker for that fact. Is there a specific brand or type of oil to us for this situation. The reason I ask is I Hoppie's gun oil that I use on all my firearms. Is that oil capable of providing what the marker needs without eating the o-rings? Has anyone used Hoppie's before and what was the end result?

covert24
02-09-2006, 01:34 PM
no that would eat away orings. go to some paintball store online and order some paintball oil. it wont be a specific brand but it will work.

bigred76
02-09-2006, 02:04 PM
I use some KC Paintball oil for my Spyder. Great stuff, as well as Gold Cup and all the other top brands out there. I tend to stay away from Java because it's a little too thick IMO, but it will do the job.

As for places to buy, Sportmart, Target and Walmart have paintball oil. You can also pick it up at your local paintball store. Just depends on if you want to drive out to one or spend more money at a big retail chain. ;)

ooglieboogliebob
02-10-2006, 05:03 PM
your local pb shop should have a 1oz. bottle for maybe 3 bucks, more or less depending on what kinda store it is and what kinda brand of oil it is

As bigred said, goldcup is a good oil, but any paintball oil will do

Gravedigger
02-16-2006, 02:56 PM
thanks for all the help guys!!

ooglieboogliebob
02-16-2006, 03:45 PM
yep, no problem :) ... ask any questions you need answered