PDA

View Full Version : Need help from you pooter guys!

vikingshadow
10-30-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm wanting to make an answer sheet for my students where all they have to do is fill in the circles - you know, those standard answer, fill in the circle things that state tests have?

Is there a way to make these circles appear around the A, B, C, and D answers in the middle when I type them on my computer?

Thanks!

durrell
10-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Not that I know of..someone may know something I don't. Most of my teachers just make blanks to fill the letter option in.

Oscum Guy
10-30-2007, 12:50 PM
you could have them circle the letters :p

HelpDeskHustler
10-30-2007, 01:19 PM
Wingdings or webdings has circles. there are a few fonts that are letters inside of circles, just search some of those god awful font websites.

keep in mind guys, he could be doing this as a prep for standardized tests. I know no child left behind requires some kind of state test. Also keep in mind that there is a company that makes these, I'm not sure the price, but the company is "scantron"

Oscum Guy
10-30-2007, 01:20 PM
dafont.com is by far the best

Hossy
10-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Ill steal you a scantron from school vike....if you really want me to so you can make copies.

Honestly, if you get a scantron you can get a machine that grades them. But they cost alot i think. Just let me know

Oscum Guy
10-30-2007, 02:00 PM
arghhh as a student, i hate filling in scantrons

vikingshadow
10-30-2007, 05:31 PM
We used scantrons a lot when I was in college. I might even have a couple from when our school used them. I even think we still have the scantron machine cobwebbed in some room...

HDH is right, it's prep for a state exam. I like to do this quite a bit over the year so that the students get prepared for the type of exam they'll have to do - you guys are used to it already, but this is really only their first or second time taking this kind of a test. It's pretty stressful for them, so I try to alleviate a lot of the stress ahead of time.

I have a crappy copy of a "fill the circle" answer sheet, but for some reason, these companys will do a line with "A B C D" then the next line will be "E F G H". Pretty crappy considering all the tests just say "A B C D" - and confuses the kids somewhat.

I'll look around for them...

The Pumper
10-30-2007, 05:33 PM
what a nice teacher :D

we use scantrons
ABCDE
for 99% of the tests, we never use E. I think I used it once in 10th grade for spanish...about it though.

i hate using them but whatever works i suppose.

vikingshadow
10-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Trust me, preparedness is the main goal, but when you have to grade 120 of these beggers a day, it's nice to cut as many corners as possible!

I even use the CPS system (computer something system) where they have these remotes to enter their answers into the computer. It automatically grades them for me, and if I want it adds their grades to my gradebook...I love technology! The kids like doing it as well, so it's win win...

Hossy
10-30-2007, 05:46 PM
I have a crappy copy of a "fill the circle" answer sheet, but for some reason, these companys will do a line with "A B C D" then the next line will be "E F G H". Pretty crappy considering all the tests just say "A B C D" - and confuses the kids somewhat.

I'll look around for them...

On our county and state tests, there are ABCDE FGHIJ questions...
So it would look like this:

1)What is not a spyder?
A: VS1
B: MR1
C: Imagine
D: Matrix
E: TL-X

(correct answer being D)

and then the next question being like

2) Where is China Located?
F: Asia
G: America
H: Antartica
I: Europe
J: Greenland

(correct answer being F)

but the ones we use on school tests are just ABCDE
Again, if you want one ill send it over!

EDIT: VIKE check warfish

vikingshadow
10-30-2007, 06:18 PM
LOL - just got the message and made my plays...

Those are similar to what we have - I hate em. One test will have the A - D option, the next will have the A - H option (but questions are only A - D) and the kids ALWAYS ask what the problem is...

I might take you up on that - but let me look in my desk first.

DFSniper
this is what my teachers did:
(A)
(B)
(C)
(D)

and just have them shade in between the ()

vikingshadow
Interesting - I seem to remember doing that once as well. If all else fails, I might just go with that one!

badlandsrox
10-30-2007, 06:33 PM
I got a program here i think its like one note, and it does that im pretty sure, its part of office 2007, which is 150 at like futureshop or whatever your electronic stores in the us are called. ill check tonight to make sure that it does actually do that

Edit: go here, its free http://www.catpin.com/bubbletest/

vikingshadow
10-30-2007, 08:25 PM
PERFECT! Thank you very much!

badlandsrox
10-31-2007, 09:41 PM
haha, im guessing that was regarding my last post, and if so your very welcome. So im guessing it worked for you then?

vikingshadow
11-01-2007, 03:47 AM
Yup on both counts - I even passed it along to all the teachers in the Middle School. Got many thank you's for it!

badlandsrox
11-01-2007, 10:22 AM
btw, i was looking on there again, and theres a link on the right side to the "new and improved" test maker thing