PDA

View Full Version : Board Problems

Lycan
10-29-2007, 09:30 PM
I have had my VS2 for about 9 months. I recently went out and tried to play but my lights kept blinking. Everytime I would try to fire at a high rate it wouldn't let me. About 3 months ago I noticed that it would go into burst mode. Does anyone have any tips or ideas to what could be the problem. It seems that it i pull the trigger with one finger it seems to work but as soon as I try to walk the trigger it laggs and doesn't work.

bamf-hacker
10-30-2007, 05:06 AM
Make sure you are using a fully charged battery. Low batteries can cause funky board issues.

Lycan
10-30-2007, 08:49 AM
The battery was fully charged. I charged it the night before.

TXTeague
10-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Does this happen while dry-firing or with balls? If it's happening with balls it could be the eyes working properly. If it happens while dry-firing (eyes off) then I am with Bamf and would suggest charging the battery for 6 hours and give it a try again.

swoosh81
10-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Did you possibly overcharge the battery? I'm bettin' it's a battery issue, try a brand new battery and charge it for 6-8 hours. No more than 8 though.

Lycan
10-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Oh....I did charge it over 8 hrs. The Manual says not to charge it more than 18 hrs. I will try using a 9v battery just to see if it work better.

faithalone
10-31-2007, 04:11 AM
You could also try unplugging the eyes from the board and see if is still giving you the problem (turn them off of course when trying to fire after they are removed)

FLiP_416
11-02-2007, 09:29 PM
hi guys, i got a Tadao board on my gun and it works great! Just recently I upgraded the chip on the board so i can have all those modes on the gun like psp ramping and auto-response. Well today I tryed dryfiring with the gun and its giving me the same problem as Lycan. I thought it might be the battery so i tried to change the battery... well to my surprise, a normal 9 volt battery does not fit into the gun... i then realized that the spyder rechargeable batteries are a bit smaller than then a normal Duracell 9v battery. Well anyways, even if it was the battery, the gun was flashing green when i turned on my gun, meaning that my battery was charged.. If the battery was dead or if it was on the verge of dyingout right when i turn on my gun it would flash red or yellow.... well thats what the manual says, but im not sure myself.... im goin to charged my gun for 8 hours and then see what happens...
Oh can anyways tell me if a normal 9v battery can work on this board or do i have to always buy spyder rechargeable batterys. Also am i reading the battery life indicator wrong.. thanx so much:)

faithalone
11-03-2007, 02:56 AM
hey flip,

i also have the tadao with upgrade, you are gonna love it. you are reading the voltage indicator right as far as the flashing lights.

you are also right about other batteries being a tight fit. i have never had a problem with over the counter nine volts but i use the powerex rechargeable system (and love and recommend it) but their batteries are a VERY tight fit in the grip frame.

I also spoke to Will directly over at Tadao and the board (since it is the official board designed for Spyder) is designed to work only on 9.6volts so you will run into the same issues as using a alkaline 9 volt as on the stock board. Some batteries labelled as 9 volt actually only put out about 8.4 volts or so...

enjoy that new board!