PDA

View Full Version : MR2 Gurus Please help

Tigerwolf
10-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Hey all
Need some help, I want to mod my mr2. I want to run a macro line direct from the asa straight to the mr2 without having to use the mini expansion chamber something similar to how the tippman guns are set up. Is this possible and if so what kind of adapter I need to accomplish this? I am looking for some thing small cause I was to make my own foregrip and I want it as thin as possible.

chnk
10-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Hey all
Need some help, I want to mod my mr2. I want to run a macro line direct from the asa straight to the mr2 without having to use the mini expansion chamber something similar to how the tippman guns are set up. Is this possible and if so what kind of adapter I need to accomplish this? I am looking for some thing small cause I was to make my own foregrip and I want it as thin as possible.

are you gonna buy an aftermarket expansion chamber or use the stock one, need more info for this

as for the macro line, you can buy adaptors for the regular macrolines you can get from a paintball store, or you can buy some already made for spyders and use that

Tigerwolf
10-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Here is the thing . I want to make my own foregrip. Right now a stock mr2 has the air coming to the bottom line asa by the trigger frame and a steel braided cable going to the the fore grip. If you remove the foregrip you will see the cable connecting to a mini expansion chamber (part 252 MR2 Vertical/C/A Plug and part 253 MR2 Vertical/ C/A to Hose Adapter)that screws in to the mr2. My question, is it possible to by pass parts 252 and 253 and connect the hose directly to the mr2 it does not have to be a macro line specifically it could be a braided cable.

pb34
10-29-2007, 04:38 PM
I believe they do make an adapter to fit in there so you can screw the line directly in. I'm not sure what it would be called but I'm sure you could find something if you looked on google.

chnk
10-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Here is the thing . I want to make my own foregrip. Right now a stock mr2 has the air coming to the bottom line asa by the trigger frame and a steel braided cable going to the the fore grip. If you remove the foregrip you will see the cable connecting to a mini expansion chamber (part 252 MR2 Vertical/C/A Plug and part 253 MR2 Vertical/ C/A to Hose Adapter)that screws in to the mr2. My question, is it possible to by pass parts 252 and 253 and connect the hose directly to the mr2 it does not have to be a macro line specifically it could be a braided cable.

yes it would be very possible and using a macro line would be easiest to work with,

you have two options

buy two regular macroline fittings from any shop, and buy two metric adapters to screw them into because spyder uses metric threads,

or you can buy two macroline fittings that are already metric threaded and use them straight on your spyder,

as for the leak, the stee braided hose uses a small oring, that oring might be damage

Tigerwolf
10-29-2007, 07:12 PM
yes it would be very possible and using a macro line would be easiest to work with,

you have two options

buy two regular macroline fittings from any shop, and buy two metric adapters to screw them into because spyder uses metric threads,

or you can buy two macroline fittings that are already metric threaded and use them straight on your spyder,

as for the leak, the stee braided hose uses a small oring, that oring might be damage

Thanks for the input but the issue is the hole where the macro line or braided cable is going is larger than a standard fitting so I need an adapter of some kind but I don't know what to look for.

Sorry What leak?

chnk
10-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the input but the issue is the hole where the macro line or braided cable is going is larger than a standard fitting so I need an adapter of some kind but I don't know what to look for.

Sorry What leak?
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=AUZM1YXLPChMZMLtoqOMfY8fiVLkHYUV7lQ=?Cat egoryName=paintball-gun-parts-and-upgrades-spyder-gun-upgrades-spyder-air-accessories

as for the leak, i thought you said there was a leak, so nvm

pb34
10-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Chnk I don't think your understanding what he's saying. He's trying to put a line directly into the gun skipping the expansion chamber. He wants to buy an adapter that screws into the part you would screw a reg into and then plug the macro right into the adapter.

As for finding an adapter, I have no idea but I would assume that they are made.

chnk
10-30-2007, 06:02 PM
i think i know what he is talking about, he wants to remove part 253 and 253, and run some kind of airline from the hole part 252 screws into to the asa

that hole i'm refering to i think requires and adaptor for the macroline to screw into,

the standard macroline fitting you get at a pb store isn't metric threaded like spyder uses, so he would have to use an metric adaptor or just buy a metric threaded fitting,

Tigerwolf
10-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Chnk you are on the right track but you see its not the treads that are problem because I have standard and metric treads but the hole I am talking about is too large for either regular or metric so a different adapter is what I need. open your fore grip and you will see exactly what I am talking about.

I have googled and googled but I can't find that adapter cause I don't know the name of what I am looking for.

slim and shady
10-30-2007, 06:25 PM
I belive what you are talking about is a reducer to go down from 1" or whatever size that is down to the size of the macro line fitting. Im not sure what you are calling it in your searches but try reducer and im sure it will help you out. for example you will be looking for a 1" down to 3/8 reducer.

chnk
10-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Chnk you are on the right track but you see its not the treads that are problem because I have standard and metric treads but the hole I am talking about is too large for either regular or metric so a different adapter is what I need. open your fore grip and you will see exactly what I am talking about.

I have googled and googled but I can't find that adapter cause I don't know the name of what I am looking for.

man i thought it would be easier than that, nvm i guess

well you could start be finding out the size of the hole, then go on from there

slim and shady
10-30-2007, 07:45 PM
I think if you had the macro line and your gun you could go into any fitting shop and they would get you what you need.

Tigerwolf
10-30-2007, 07:47 PM
I think that is a great idea. Because if i guess what i need and the sizes I might buy the wrong think. Do you thing a hardware store will have what I need?

chnk
10-31-2007, 04:56 AM
ace might they are really help full and i'm pretty sure they won't mind you bringing the mr into the store, after you remove somethings so you don't freak someone out

slim and shady
11-01-2007, 06:54 PM
I would go to a fitting shop if that doesnt work. your going to need a special reducer because its not standared thread so I bet your probably going to have to go somewhere with a fairly decent invintory.

Tigerwolf
11-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Good idea. Are there any chain stores that will have what i want or will I have to go to an independent dealers?

SilverWolf
11-02-2007, 01:41 PM
if you know the thread sizes (something easy to figure out but i dont member them off hand) there should be an adapter online or at a hardware store. *male/female* remember your plumbers tape and you shouldnt have any air leak!