PDA

View Full Version : NEW! Hard Corps Torque hopper.....

DRAGON
10-27-2007, 06:36 PM
I spoke with George Spurlock today at the WCO. He has a small display there loaded with these new Torque hoppers that were just released to the market 2 days ago. He seems to be selling tons of them and I can see why -

It consists of 4 pieces: shell, shell, lid, internal assembly. Hee hee....NO SCREWS! -

This new hopper comes in many colors and many different camo patterns as well. There's even a multiple choice of colors for the intenals which houses the motor and all the main parts that run the hopper -

He showed me how simple it is to take apart and put back together. All you do is release a couple tabs inside the main ball chamber and the shells come apart for cleaning. To put it back together you just put the main internal portion in one half of the shell, put the lid in place and snap the other shell to it.....presto! -

He says it was tested at a 30+bps feed rate. It also has a reverse button to clear any jams that may occur -

The only downside of this hopper is it holds 160-170 balls -

The website is www.hardcorpspb.com Don't know about anyone else but it took my pooter forever to load that site. Couldn't take any pics since there were so many people around the Hard Corps booth. If I go back tomorrow I'll attempt to take some pics to show you. That is if there are any left and it doesn't rain like hell tomorrow too. In the mean time here's a scan of the handout from the Hard Corps booth:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/dbn71mgd/tn_Torquehopper.jpg

The Pumper
10-27-2007, 06:37 PM
yuck

i like my egg :)

pbfreak3221
10-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Seems good, very cheap. My field is getting them, and I'll probably get to testing one. I'll try to post a review.

HelpDeskHustler
10-27-2007, 06:43 PM
everyone says theirs will feed 30bps.

DRAGON
10-27-2007, 06:51 PM
everyone says theirs will feed 30bps.

Must be today's magic number. I was most impressed with the fact of how quickly he took it apart and put it back together. It didn't even take him 1 minute to do that. I rarely take any of my hoppers apart because they're such a damned hastle. Especially my Zeggo -

The camo patterns were killer as well. The Real Tree was awesome? -

The Pumper
10-27-2007, 06:55 PM
leggo my zeggo LOL

HelpDeskHustler
10-27-2007, 07:09 PM
you know leed has this in his ult. news thread right dragon?

timbertiger20
10-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Dragon......should be hanging out at the MD booth.......there was a major downside to the hopper.......he told us less than 4 hours of run time........but you just keep track of how long it's been on and turn it off between matches.......useless for scenario or long rec games! Otherwise great idea!

leed
10-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Dragon......should be hanging out at the MD booth.......there was a major downside to the hopper.......he told us less than 4 hours of run time........but you just keep track of how long it's been on and turn it off between matches.......useless for scenario or long rec games! Otherwise great idea!

I guess that's what happens when you don't use a board :undecided:

DRAGON
10-28-2007, 01:24 AM

Now is that 4 hours sporadically, or 4 hours continually running? Like when testing it. There was a guy at the booth that said he was going to do a review of his testing on PBN. Thing is, if the guy works for them, how can it be a totally unbiased review? -

I guess that's what happens when you don't use a board :undecided:

Beats the hell outta me. How can it have no board at all? There has to be some electronic control since it's sound activated -

vikingshadow
10-28-2007, 05:05 AM
Now is that 4 hours sporadically, or 4 hours continually running? Like when testing it. There was a guy at the booth that said he was going to do a review of his testing on PBN. Thing is, if the guy works for them, how can it be a totally unbiased review? -

Ok, sigh. I get it. Someone send me theirs so I can do an unbiased review and I'll post it on here....:p

:D

Beats the hell outta me. How can it have no board at all? There has to be some electronic control since it's sound activated -

Oooo, sound activated - that's a BIG plus to me! Looks are meh, but hey - everyone thought the Vlocity was ugly when it first came out.

4 hours? I bet they've got a constant drain on the batteries that they haven't figured out yet.

HelpDeskHustler
10-28-2007, 07:08 AM
A board is just an allocation of mini wires with stuff attached, generally the stuff is a microchip, an on/off switch, speed control, sensor and some variety of **** that stops the microchip from exploding like resistors etc. If it doesn't have a board, he may have a bunch of wires hooked into a microchip jack. Thick wires vs thin board wires would make the difference in the short run time. Also, it isn't velocity ugly where it grows on you... it's just ugly.

newkid
10-28-2007, 07:12 AM
yea it is ugly, sounds pretty cool though

timbertiger20
10-28-2007, 01:59 PM
It's not sound activated......it runs continuously......it uses the the piece of plastic has a torque wheel and it conserves energy when the balls are fully loaded! Again it runs contiuously for just over 4 hours. You can make it last longer by turning it off between games. He flat out told us it wouldn't be good for us! I guess for speedball when you need 10 mins of all the speed you can get out of a hopper it'll do fine! Just to turn it off between matches to conserve the battery. The shell itself is ingenious!

paintballkid0206
10-28-2007, 02:04 PM
not ugly, AWESOME. i would get one if i had $99, but i dont. :(. Sounds like a very good idea if they could find out what is draining the battery.

DRAGON
10-28-2007, 02:46 PM
It's not sound activated......

Ha ha, ya got meh! It's the new BT Rip Clip that's sound activated. I seem to be coagulating all that I've taken in in the past couple days. Speaking of BT, did you attend the KEE party on Friday? Ben Tippmann BBQ'd for everyone. Never met him before. He is one immense person and I don't mean just because his name is Tippy lol -

Since I got caught in a downpour last night and had to drive home wet as a sponge, I decided against going back today. Parking sucked because of the karate tourney at the same time. On the drive home, I expected to see Noah and the Arc. Last weekend was beautiful in Florida. This weekend bit teh bag with cloudy skies and rain. They should fire whoever chose this weekend for the Cup - :o

Oscum Guy
10-29-2007, 12:22 PM
tis very ugly, and looks like a 5 yr. old made it out of legos. meh.

DFSniper
11-01-2007, 07:10 PM
but i like legos...

as for the runtime, what kind of batteries does it use? i have boxes of 9v in my room... might look into getting a camo one.

oldironmudder
11-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Dude Im in my early 20s & I still play with legos!!!!

Well the looks are meh, ahh, 50/50 but if it could do 30bps non stop for 4 hours with little to no drop off in speed sweet but over kill for me now. But speed ball, it should keep up with anything using any cheater mode.

Ace24
11-08-2007, 09:54 AM
I saw one at the field last friday... it looks/works like a lego. :dodgy:

Preforms good though. The guy had no complaints at all about it.

chnk
11-08-2007, 11:54 AM
i think the velocity is ugly as ****,

taking these are apart are way to simple, i hope it doesnt accidenty come apart during a games, that would be horrible

but then again what do i know i used a fasta while my halo stays in the gear bag,

Oscum Guy
11-08-2007, 03:53 PM
watched a drop test vid and...

DAMN THIS THING IS FAAAAST!!

timbertiger20
11-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Actually I asked the other people I was with.....they said it was only an 1 1/2 on batteries.......but I'd like for someone to try it and see!

Nah 85
11-08-2007, 09:06 PM
I use my revy for my woodsball play so I am not worried about the battery life. 4 hours is good enough if you turn it off between games. No way in heck I will use a 100 dollar hopper in the woods.

spray and pray
11-10-2007, 02:50 AM
too see a drop test compared to eggy click on link below
http://youtube.com/watch?v=o0HCwT92qqE

wow makes me want to smash my egg on the ground.

battlechaser
11-10-2007, 03:46 AM
I dunno, I'm still a little more tempted to buy the Fasta, but again... we'll see. But... I still love my Reloader II! (Yes, Reloader 2, not B2 ;))

spray and pray
11-10-2007, 04:04 AM
This thing needs to be out longer before i'll buy it. There are many flaws with the design. If anybody wan one I would strongly suggest waiting until they come out with another design in a year or so. For 100 dollars your paying for a hopper that will take apart itself on the field. Honestly I would rather have it harder to take apart than be this easy. (It looks like a hopper that will fall apart when you slide, or get hit by a paintball and shatter.) I do not own one of these but I have seen one and held one at my local painball store. From what I could see at my local pb store here are the pros and cons.

pros
Fast, Fast, and faster.
fairly reliable
easy to take apart

cons
4 hour battery lifetime
weak shells
feels like it will fall apart in your hand

The pros and cons are about equal. If you would like to buy it I would have to say go ahead. It is a very nice hopper. There are just a few flaws with it.

vikingshadow
11-10-2007, 04:07 AM
Wow, that was fast!

I'll stick with my Reloader II as well, which, other than a broken catch on the drive cone after 3 years of use, has never let me down and is plenty fast for me. But, if I had to choose, it'd be tough to decide between this and the magndrive, with more field testing, of course.

HelpDeskHustler
11-10-2007, 01:42 PM
magna > this

spray and pray
11-10-2007, 02:37 PM
magna > this

Yeah I would have to agree with you.

chnk
11-16-2007, 07:24 AM
it comes apart to easy, i'm still afraid this might just accidently fall apart cause of the easiness

for all we know the button might be tripped buy a ball, or maybe the hopper is creating a popcorning effect and sending balls flying up at the button

DFSniper
11-16-2007, 12:53 PM
to solve the falling apart problem, someone should just invent an neoprene cover for it. they make em for other hoppers.

Hob Hayward
11-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Damn - I like.

DarkHorse9825
03-03-2009, 07:24 AM
I bought my torque last week. Used it in my first game of the season. Now I had taken it apart prior to the game, as per the manufactures instructions, so I could install the batteries. Was a little difficult at first, but it came apart with no problems.
After playing that day I took the Torque apart to clean out a broken ball (Crappy paint, not hoppers fault.) Again I took it apart as per the manufactures instructions, but to my dismay I noticed one of the small grey pins in the front, next to the on/off button, had broken off the motor housing. As I examined the hopper further I noticed that the second grey pin was beginning to crack, and a clip at the rear of the shell had broken off too.
Now I am not rough with my equipment, and I didn't drop the hopper or get a hopper shot all day.
My question is has anyone else had this problem? How common is it?