PDA

View Full Version : now which gun?

hudabom246
10-27-2007, 12:10 PM
as posted like 6 other times...mr2,heavy,sell, blah blah blah. now im looking into a 98 custom with response trigger. i know its lighter,well scratch that. i dont know if its lighter. so.............................??????????????????? ?????????

oldironmudder
10-27-2007, 12:29 PM
as posted like 6 other times...mr2,heavy,sell, blah blah blah. now im looking into a 98 custom with response trigger. i know its lighter,well scratch that. i dont know if its lighter. so.............................??????????????????? ?????????

If you know someone or a local field with a 98c ask to use it for a game or two. If you dont care which marker you get but want to stick with the Spyder line, go through the BST section on these forums & over at PBN & build you a marker. Sell/part out your MR1 to help recover some of the cost.

Or, take a hacksaw to it. Half back it & cut the lower tube to accept normal VAs.

Hossy
10-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Are you sure that the Tippmann is Lighter?
I would not suggest a Tippmann

SupaSnipa
10-27-2007, 06:53 PM
Are you sure that the Tippmann is Lighter?
I would not suggest a Tippmann
like music to my ears

slim and shady
10-27-2007, 07:48 PM
^^^^^ Im jumping on the band wagon to!

spray and pray
10-28-2007, 06:46 AM
Ha... Don't get a tippman. That would be a big step down. Half of the paintball fields I have been to don't allow response triggers.

darth massacre
10-28-2007, 11:34 AM
as posted like 6 other times...mr2,heavy,sell, blah blah blah

Yes you've posted 6 times when you should've posted all in 1 post. Forum etiquette buddy.

Most of us have given our views and comments - instead of simply listening to us, have you made the effort to go to the local pro shop and take a look at all the options they have? Maybe your pro shop doesn't do mil-sim, but I'm sure there are owners you can talk to when you go for a shooting session, ask them to show you their setup. As far as I know, most mil-sim paintballers are extremely proud of their gear and will let you hold it or even try shooting it. Getting a feel for it does more than simply looking at reviews and pictures.

Tippmans are tough - maybe lighter but once again if you're going for the mil-sim look with all the foregrips, red dot sights and so on added, it will still be heavy no matter what gun you choose.

And if you choose a tippman, you lose the ease of maintanence that a spyder provides.

MR2_Owner
10-28-2007, 09:11 PM
But there less maintanence you have to do in a 98c and 98c will last you way longer (if that what your looking for) tippman and spyder's are good guns
so don't hate on tippmans

oldironmudder
10-29-2007, 06:03 PM
A 98 or 98c will take more abuse & less cleaning than a spyder. Ive seen one shoot every Sunday, 1000+ rds each day, for over a year with out a simple wipe down or even a drop of oil.

Hands down I would go with a spyder just for the aftermarket & ease of maintanice(sp) but you have to baby it a little more than a tippy.

nick_t33
10-31-2007, 12:31 PM
honestly i would take a tippy (mainly an x7) over my mr-2 any day. Itmay not be lighter in some cases but it's a helluva lot more reliable. I've had my mr2 for about a year and a half now and no matter what i do it still shoots like crap.

MR2_Owner
10-31-2007, 08:03 PM
why do peolpe like the X7 all it is a A5 that you pay more for

chnk
10-31-2007, 08:35 PM
why do peolpe like the X7 all it is a A5 that you pay more for

i agree, the a-5 is made of less plastic too

nastystankweed
11-06-2007, 03:22 PM
r u crazy a crappy tippy over an mr2 i think u should go see a doctor
jk lol i still dont think the tippy is good