PDA

View Full Version : High Pressure or Low pressure?

Gravedigger
02-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Hello folks,

I am fairly new to paintball and I have a question. First off is the Spyder Imagine a low pressure or a high pressure system? For that fact what dictates a high or low pressure system? I mean is there a number that would tell me? The reason I am asking is because I am wanting to add a gauge to my marker so I can tell what pressure I have and I also want to regulate the airflow as to not "WASTE" fuel. Any items that you folks have used and know to work well with this marker would be a big help. Thanks.

big_daddy_d
02-09-2006, 09:32 AM
The imagine is a high pressure marker, operates in the 800 PSI range. You can adda guage to your marker but if you want to be more efficient with the air then LP may be the way to go. You will either have to modify the vertical adaptor by drilling it out to make it higher flowing or get a highflow VA like the Assault block or trinity. Would definitely need to get a higher flowing valve, and polish your internals. To get directions follow the link below. Lots of usefull info there. Oh and welcome to the forums by the way. Any more questions don't hesitate to ask...

http://www.ottersccustoms.com <-------Spyder bible :D

Gravedigger
02-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks big_daddy_d. I plan on checking it out. And thanks for welcome. :D

Gravedigger
02-09-2006, 10:56 AM
After researching this marker a little more I found a website that claims that my Imagine has a low pressure chamber. Would that explain why it is that when I fire the marker I see a burst of CO2 come out the front of the barrel? Or os that normal? for referance on the marker here is the link

http://www.spyderzone.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=51

thanks agin for all the help......

bigred76
02-09-2006, 11:04 AM
The low pressure chamber is basically the thing under the barrel that allows more room for CO2 to expand. Doesn't do anything unless you go really low pressure.

The burst of CO2 out your barrel is normal. ;)

Welcome to the Forums!

DRAGON
02-09-2006, 11:07 AM
It must be a releif to be here rather than that place filled with banners and popups lol. LPC has nothing to do with a low pressure Spyder or snow coming from the barrel. Welcome to the bannerless forums - ;)

ooglieboogliebob
02-10-2006, 04:07 PM
the low pressure chamber really doesn't do anything actually... it just gives it room to expand, just like your gas-thru grip. You'd probably be better off getting a reg and new VA if you wanted :)