PDA

View Full Version : spyder or tippmann

junkyard_dog357
10-24-2007, 05:10 PM
which is better in your opinon. are tippmanns just overated? i hear many great things about tippmann markers. are spyders equal to tippmanns?

Hossy
10-24-2007, 05:37 PM
In my opinion Spyders are better than Tippmanns.

But because you asked on a spyder forum, youll get mostly spyders.
Spyders are more of a speedball-themed gun especially with the vs series out. They are easier to upgrade and offer more upgrades. Tippmanns you can run over in a car and it will still work, hence why fields use them.

I feel that Sypders are ALOT easier to maintain. And I prefer there looks.
I would never own a tippmann

newkid
10-24-2007, 05:41 PM
yea imo tippmans are over priced, dont get me wrong there good guns but not for the price

cyberthrasher_706
10-24-2007, 05:44 PM
I'd personally say the mr-1 easily outdoes any tippman. Tippmans are a pain and I think that most people just buy the name. Let's see if we can build a list of things the mr-1 has over a tippman
1.) Field Strippable- In order to pull a tippman apart in the field you have to pull the entire gun apart, literally in half, exposing evey single internal part and you must have tools in order to do anything to it.
2.)Metal Parts- Aside from the barrel and screws, it's kind of hard to find any on a tippman, which leads to #3.
3.)Durability- PLASTIC BREAKS!!! It's simple, A metal gun with basic mechanical parts can take a beating and still work perfect everytime.
4.)Upgrades- I know that factory mods for the mr-1 are somewhat hard to come by for the uncreative mind, especially when compared to tippman, but a tippman requires upgrades in order to perform with any quality at all. An MR-1 outperforms many other guns, even upgraded ones, right out of the box.

I know I'm probably missing quite a few other points but I'm on painkillers right now and can't really think straight so THERE!!