PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting a Regulator for an MR2?

CKvBP
10-24-2007, 01:27 PM
I just installed a CP shorty regulator on my MR2, any tips on adjusting it? what am I looking for?

chnk
10-24-2007, 02:08 PM
drill a hole in the handle so you don't have to take it off to adjust it,

start out by seeing how low on pressure you can go and go up and up until you get a velocity you like, you might need a spring kit to help out the velicity and maybe even a high flowing valve

ViperX
10-25-2007, 01:32 AM
I've got a cp shorty reg also, A high flow valve body and still using the stock spring and stock bolt. I am also using an alamo city striker, only seems to work with a lower pressure, higher flow system, had nothing but problems with it until I put the high flow valve in. Also I found that the alamo city bolt isn't as effective as the stock bolt when it comes to LP, the stock bolt has a larger volume channel for the airflow through and out of the bolt. The ACP bolt is much smaller in that regards. My sound signature didn't drop until I went back to the stock bolt also, with the ACP my marker was still very loud...not the result I was expecting after going LP but once I put the stock acs bolt back in, it's much quiter.

I'm also using a q-loader with my setup.

I just turned the adjustment screw clockwise all the way in, then just started backing it out, counterclockwise, while dry-firing the marker until the volume of air was enough to fully recock the marker in semi, then test it in auto and bump it up enough to keep up as the marker fired in repetition without any audible shoot-down. I used a small handheld chrono, not exactly the best, would rather use a field chrono for quicker, more accurate results but you really just have to play with it. Also, once you get it diled in, next start slowly introducing a few piantballs, the back pressure created by the ball in the chamber tube will have an effect on how it cycles. It will take some time and patience, no real easy way around it. you'll love the result though.

chnk
10-25-2007, 08:34 AM
lol i had oposite result, the acs bolt for me requires a high pressure for it to recocck, but then again im not using a acp striker, well tuning is different for everyone

CKvBP
10-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Hum...my rig is stock MR2 with remote and anti-syphon CO2, unfortunatly thought I was going to hit the feild this weekend, turns out I wont get down there for 2 weeks!

Got an APEX barrel and a new barrel kit to play with to. So many toys to wait to play with ugh!