PDA

View Full Version : Spyder VS2 Feedneck

FLiP_416
10-24-2007, 10:55 AM
I wanted to replace the stock feedneck of the Spyder VS2 to a Trinity feedneck but i can't seem to get the stock feedneck out of the gun. A buddy of mine said that the feedneck should just twist off, but its not working. Is there any way i can take it off without taking a monkey wrench and just tear the thing apart..lol:)

shunut
10-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Try a strap wrench. If you don't have one, see if you can find some rubber gloves, put one on, then try to unscrew it. The rubber glove will give you more grip.

faithalone
10-24-2007, 03:26 PM
you also may want to try to heat the threads real carefully, may be some locticte or some other thread lock holding it in there......

be careful, they are easy to damage...

michael

DonF
10-24-2007, 09:15 PM
If you do heat it becareful not to heat too much and discolor things. Strap wrench is my tool of choice. I have had the vs feed necks come loose on accident by tightening the hoper tight and twisting.
Sears has a small strap wrench - good quality and about 5 bucks. Get one or two they just seem to be needed when it comes to working on a marker.

faithalone
10-25-2007, 01:45 AM
yup i agree, a strap wrench is a must in the toolbox. i found them at a store here in texas called Northern Tools. They had large ones for $2 and small ones for only a $1

There is also a store called Harbor Freight here in the Houston area that carries the same type of stuff.

Kingman-Rep
10-25-2007, 08:31 AM
There is also a store called Harbor Freight here in the Houston area that carries the same type of stuff.

Harbor Freight is one of my favorite stores:up:

Feedneck has loctite, be careful not to damage the threads.

FLiP_416
10-25-2007, 09:36 AM
wicked.. thanks for the advice guys:) hey i was wondering.. has anyone sanded down their paintball hoppers neck... i was wondering, does that really have any effect on the feeding system or is it just to make their guy more low profile...

DonF
10-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Your talking about cutting the hopper feed neck off a little to make it sit lower?
Its done all the time. I never have though. My thoughts are that the big advantages in reducing your profile has to do with proper playing techniques, rather than chopping on your hopper for a 1/2" of height.

faithalone
10-25-2007, 05:15 PM
I am with donf, i would much rather work on keeping a lower profile while playing than modify my $100 hopper!!

FLiP_416
10-29-2007, 11:15 PM
im also wondering, if you do sand down the hoppers feed neck will it also help speed the feeding process?

faithalone
10-30-2007, 02:22 AM
I am not sure about the question you are asking, do you mean sand the exterior of the feedneck? Sometimes people have to do that with certain markers because the feedneck is too large for the stock feedneck on the marker. That would not improve efficiency in any way.

bamf-hacker
10-30-2007, 03:56 AM
Making the feedneck of the hopper will not effect the speed the balls feed.

If you are cutting down the feedneck of your hopper you should make sure you cut it so it will fit on more than one marker ;) If not then you will need to buy lots of shells for your loader :)

Or don't cut the loader and not worry about the 1/2 inch. If you are holding your marker the right way then your head should be about even with the top of the loader anyway.

DonF
10-31-2007, 05:34 PM
im also wondering, if you do sand down the hoppers feed neck will it also help speed the feeding process?
If you look at some of the older high end markers - They had really tall feed necks this was to help feed without choping. I seem to remember they called it a ball stack. After electronics and force feed hoppers came into the picture feed necks shortened up, but the principle is the same - no matter if its the feed neck or the neck of the hopper your shortening.