PDA

View Full Version : spyder mr1 marker

junkyard_dog357
10-24-2007, 07:30 AM
i'm new to the sport and just bought a spyder mr1 marker. i have used it a couple of times. i fired it about 1000 times and only had two chops. i have heard mixed reviews about the mr1. what are your opinons regarding the mr1. is it a decent marker?

AMP Warrior
10-24-2007, 12:52 PM
I, like you, have had my marker for only a short time. I love it. Compared it to my friends ION and it is alot more accurate. THe only down side is speedball. Usin a non electric is hard for speedball.

SupaSnipa
10-24-2007, 12:52 PM
It is a very good marker, I might trade my 98 Custom for one because they are tough they can take a fierce beating and work. They are also perfect for beginners because they are Spyders and are VERY easily maintained

chnk
10-24-2007, 01:14 PM
the only reason why there are mixed reviews because its a mech spyder and most expect something amazing out of it because it looks like a gun somewhat

cyberthrasher_706
10-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Well, I'd say that it performs better than I ever thought it would, "amazing" if you will. I love pissing off the tippman players with it.

chnk
10-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Well, I'd say that it performs better than I ever thought it would, "amazing" if you will. I love pissing off the tippman players with it.

i didnt say it sucked it is a good gun, but some people just expect things you shouldn't expect, it goes into the whole comparing a low end gun to a high end gun arguement

cyberthrasher_706
10-25-2007, 10:18 AM
i didnt say it sucked it is a good gun, but some people just expect things you shouldn't expect, it goes into the whole comparing a low end gun to a high end gun arguement
I didn't think that's what you were saying, I was just adding to it. But I do think that the MR-1 outperforms many "highend" guns.

junkyard_dog357
10-25-2007, 02:53 PM
so is a spyder mr1 a high end marker? or is it considered cheap my most people?

cyberthrasher_706
10-25-2007, 05:25 PM
so is a spyder mr1 a high end marker? or is it considered cheap my most people?
I guess that depends on your definition of cheap. Cheap in price, definitely. Cheap in quality, I think it's safe to say that most would say NO. To me a highend gun would usually be something that's up around 2 or 3 hundred dollars and is filled with all the advanced and electronic features. The MR-1 is as basic as it gets but unlike other basic and unexpensive markers it actually performs and outshoots most of the markers which carry twice the price tag.

(Just a note, I only play woodsball so that's what my opinion is based on. No, it's not going to shoot superfast out of the box to play speedball but that's nothing a few basic mods couldn't remedy either)