PDA

View Full Version : chopping and remote line question.

MK3ma70
10-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Hey fellas, how do I stop chopping? I know it happens but I would like to know how to minimize. Also, my gun jams often. Jam meaning, during rapid fire, it stops and makes a click noise and I have to re-cock it. As for the remote line, its really weird, with the line attached to the gun and tank, I while fire off a few rounds and appears to be normal. But after those shots, it will act like the barrel has a ball stuck in it. Almost like it ran out of air. Is it possible that the line doesn't flow enough? Keep in mind that this is on single shot mode. Any ideas?

chnk
10-24-2007, 06:33 AM
what hopper are you using? co2 or hpa? is your acs broken yet?

MK3ma70
10-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Eggy 2, c02? Broken ACS? How would I know its broken? It still fires, say about 3 times in 500 rounds, it chopped.

chnk
10-24-2007, 02:12 PM
eggy II is slow put a z board in it or better yet buy another hopper that is force fed

what i mean by a acs bolt borken into, when the acs bolt is new the bolt has a spring in it that might be to hard because its new, and over time after use the spring gets softer and starts to work like it should

MK3ma70
10-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Ok, makes sense. I have only used for two Sundays. I will put some more paint through it s weekend. what is force fed? Ive heard good things about the Halo B? But there is so many and rip drives? I don't know which one to get? No explaination on the remote line huh?

MK3ma70
10-24-2007, 09:09 PM
What other hoppers would you recommend?

slim and shady
10-25-2007, 07:18 PM
I alwaysed used eggs

-Egg II with Yboard
-Egg III stock with Z board

Then I switched to Halo B with Rip drive and V35 board and dont regreat it at all. Little heavy but thats never bothered me.

chnk
10-25-2007, 07:20 PM
What other hoppers would you recommend?

in this order from best to worst(top to bottom)

velocity/ velocity jr
reloader b
fasta
halo b v35
halo b
eggy III
eye force

if you don't want to dish out the extra $$ for the hopper just get a zboard , but a better hopper is a good investment

MK3ma70
10-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Ok, I dont know too much about the hoppers that you have mentioned but I heard that one of them is sound activated, another is always running and others only run when you shot. I want one like that and its one of the things that I like about the egg. Another thing, weight, which of these is the lightest?

chnk
10-26-2007, 06:56 AM
velocity jr or fasta which are the two i highly reccommend the most

MK3ma70
10-26-2007, 10:07 AM
I think Im going to look at the Fasta today. So, your saying that this can and wil fix the chopping problem. Seriously, I not a full auto, balls to the wall, waste my paint in two seconds kinda guy, but I do want to be able to use the full potential of the gun when I want or need too. Anyways, Thanks for all your help, its really appreciated.

chnk
10-26-2007, 07:29 PM
most people don't realize mr2s are speedball markers in a woodsball body, so you'l need a good hopper to use its full potential, and it should stop your chopping problem

as for the fasta make sure you're getting the 18v one, not the one that runs on one 9 v,

theklu
10-26-2007, 09:40 PM
HaloB FTW

jbtoronto
11-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Ok, I dont know too much about the hoppers that you have mentioned but I heard that one of them is sound activated, another is always running and others only run when you shot. I want one like that and its one of the things that I like about the egg. Another thing, weight, which of these is the lightest?

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc151/jbtoronto/DSC00101.jpg

EMPIRE B - SOUND ACTIVATED / RIP DRIVE

spray and pray
11-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Oh god jb. Don't say your actually going to unload a hopper on top of a building and have the paintballs hit people.......

jbtoronto
11-04-2007, 07:04 PM
actually...in this pic...I was just done doing that to a soccer field there's right on front of me. (naaa just jkn)

MK3ma70
11-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Hey guys, I made a change in my decision from the Fasta to the Halo with rip drive. The more I thought about it, since I already have the eggy 2, I just saw the Fasta as the samething, plus the Halo was only $10 more. Just played with it today, Im really happy with it. I chopped a few here and there but the biggest problem now seems to be in single fire mode, it will kick out two balls on avg about every 15-20 shots. Also, I still have the need to re-cock evry now and then. Although, its not nearly as much but any way I can knock the re-cocking thing completely?

MK3ma70
11-04-2007, 09:51 PM
O ya, does anyone know about the 9volt conversion? I was also wondering if I could just get two 9volt terminals and splice them together?

slim and shady
11-05-2007, 09:52 AM
There is someone on here who sells the conversions but i cant remember who anymore hopefuly someone will.
I have a quick qquestion, did you break in your ACS bolt? That could be why you have to recock.

MK3ma70
11-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Well, define break in? As I sed before in this thread, It has been through maybe 1500 rounds. However, I have shot a few times this past week and I played yesterday. Id say a total 3000 rounds have been shot from this gun. If breaking in is the problem, is there another way to break it in faster, besides just shooting?

MK3ma70
11-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Well, define break in? As I sed before in this thread, It has been through maybe 1500 rounds. However, I have shot a few times this past week and I played yesterday. Id say a total 3000 rounds have been shot from this gun. If breaking in is the problem, is there another way to break it in faster, besides just shooting?

chnk
11-05-2007, 01:34 PM
take the bolt out, and stick a carpenters pencil between the top on the metal thing that holds the spring and the top on the hole,

let it sit there for like a day

slim and shady
11-05-2007, 03:20 PM
take the bolt out, and stick a carpenters pencil between the top on the metal thing that holds the spring and the top on the hole,

let it sit there for like a day

What he said ^
Also look for threads "Breaking in the ACS bolt" There is alot of different ways to do it.

MK3ma70
11-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Ok, I read some of the other ways to break in the bolt, I was also reading why I might be shooting two balls at once. I guy sed detents? What are detents? What do they do and how can they be replaced?

slim and shady
11-06-2007, 07:12 PM
Take the feedneck off and you will find your detents there. its a small peice of rubber to stop the ball from rolling out the barrel. Most people use Timmy detents, they seem to work best. and you can change it yourself easy.

MK3ma70
11-07-2007, 12:09 PM
ok, sounds eays enough. This should help out the shooting two balls at once thing?

SpyderMan723
11-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Try getting new detents.

That might help.

MK3ma70
11-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Ok, went out and shot yesterday and heres the update. Now, keep in mind, this is with the stock Halo w/rip drive and I even did the "bolt breakin" thing. I just put a pin through the bolt to keep the spring compressed for 1 day. I still shoot out two balls at once, thats a given. Also, it seems like I chop more? In 600 rounds or so, I chopped about 7 times. Even in burst mode. I must admit, I was ready to soak the gun gasoline and take a match to it after I put two or three mags from my Glock into it. But, seriously, I not putting anymore money into it because I might be getting another pretty soon. However, If you guys have any other suggestion, please< enlighten me.

SpyderMan723
11-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Ok, went out and shot yesterday and heres the update. Now, keep in mind, this is with the stock Halo w/rip drive and I even did the "bolt breakin" thing. I just put a pin through the bolt to keep the spring compressed for 1 day. I still shoot out two balls at once, thats a given. Also, it seems like I chop more? In 600 rounds or so, I chopped about 7 times. Even in burst mode. I must admit, I was ready to soak the gun gasoline and take a match to it after I put two or three mags from my Glock into it. But, seriously, I not putting anymore money into it because I might be getting another pretty soon. However, If you guys have any other suggestion, please< enlighten me.

I was having the same problem, then i got the timmy detents and it stopped chopping as much, so i highly reccommend new detents, its like 10 for 10 or 15$ if i remember correctly

zombie
11-25-2007, 06:44 PM
you should get the v35 for the halo b.