PDA

View Full Version : Smart Parts new stuff

HelpDeskHustler
10-23-2007, 01:53 PM
I was starting to dislike smartparts but with all the suck coming out for way too much, I think they're back in my good book with this stuff.
copy pasta from here out:
I want to just make one thread about these, I know that there is already threads on most of these so I wanna sum them up:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/Spano1/SPnew.jpg

New Guns Are
Ion XE-updated Ion
Vibe-bare bones Ion
Sp-1-milsim Vibe
Eos-updated Epiphany

Ion XE - $225
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/Spano1/IonXE.jpg
Ion XE Product Description:
The embodiment of affordable firepower. Ion changed the paintball paradigm by being the first marker to deliver true electropneumatic performance in the casual paintball player's price range. With multiple firing modes, an aggressive rate of fire, and break beam Vision anti-chop system, the Ion XE continues the Ion tradition of tournament level performance at a low price.

Features:
* Bolt-Out-Back design makes this Ion easier to maintain than ever before. One allen wrench is all that is needed to remove the bolt sleeve, bolt and bolt stop from the rear of the marker, providing complete access to the entire bolt and valve assembly in seconds.
* Weight (marker only): 1 lb. 15 oz.
* Length (w/out barrel): 8.5 in.
* Operating Pressure: 180psi
* Gas Source: HPA or CO2
* Anti-Chop System: Break Beam Vision
* Trigger Pivot: Stainless steel pin
* Ball Detent: Dual rubber style
* Semi auto, rebound, 3 round burst (10bps max), full auto, (10bps max)
* Max Rate of fire: 17bps (higher with Blackheart board)
* Field legal mode lock
* Runs on one 9 volt battery
* Standard ASA included
* Ion one piece 14 inch barrel
* Feedneck: Low profile friction grip vertical / NXT thread
* Aluminum / polymer grip frame/body

Vibe-$140
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l297/vapb400/010-112-0128.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/Spano1/vibe.jpg
Low price, high performance. Entry level used to mean low performance, but once again Smart Parts changed the game. The Vibe brings the smooth, accurate, fast shooting performance of true low pressure electropneumatic operation to even first time players with its unbeatable entry level price.

Features:
Hammer free design means that even beginning players can now afford a marker with tournament level performance, durability, and simple maintenance.
Protection provided by the Vibe's all-new Max Flow R Vertical Regulator means that it is safe from the dangers of liquid CO2.
Weight (marker only): 1 lb. 11 oz.
Length (w/out barrel): 8.75 in.
Operating Pressure: 180psi
Gas Source: HPA or CO2
Anti-Chop System: Low force bolt
Trigger Pivot: Stainless steel pin
Ball Detent: Dual rubber style
Semi auto firing mode
Max Rate of fire: 11bps
Field legal mode lock
Runs on one 9 volt battery
Standard ASA included
One piece 10 inch barrel
Feedneck: Vertical clamping
Aluminum receiver/bolt
Glass fiber reinforced nylon grip frame/body

Sp-1-$150
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l297/vapb400/010-112-0127.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/Spano1/SP-1.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/Spano1/2008SP-1.jpg
A fresh take on tactical. With its military styling and ultra rugged lightweight construction, the SP-1 is built for speed and made to last.

Features:

Mil-spec accessory rails at every angle and integrated mount points for a stock, the SP-1 is ready for a limitless variety of accessories.
Equipped with an integrated tactical flashlight mount right below the barrel, which accepts inexpensive focused beam flashlights at a fraction of the cost of expensive tactical flashlights.
Low pressure electropneumatic operation replaces the outdated spring and hammer designs that power competing tactical markers, and allows the SP-1 to deliver a fast , accurate and quiet hailstorm of paint.
Weight (marker only): 2 lbs. 6 oz.
Length (w/out barrel): 12.5 in.
Operating Pressure: 180psi
Anti-Chop System: Low force bolt
Trigger Pivot: Stainless steel pin
Semi auto firing mode
Max Rate of fire: 11bps
Field legal mode lock
Standard ASA included
One piece 10 inch barrel
Feedneck: Vertical clamping
Glass fiber reinforced nylon grip frame/body

EOS-$390
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/Spano1/eos.jpg
True tournament performance.

Features:
Unique rapid-charge, low volume fire chamber and volume control inserts makes the EOS deliver high-end tournament level performance, protected from distance-robbing shoot down even at the highest rates of fire
Vision anti chop technology combined with fast and simple single tool disassembly of the entire bolt and valve system gives the EOS the reliability and fast turn around time needed in the staging pits of today's tournaments.
Weight (marker only): 2 lbs. 3 oz.
Length (w/out barrel): 8.4 in.
Operating Pressure: 280psi
Anti-Chop System: Break Beam Vision
Trigger Pivot: Conical Mounted Bearing
Semi auto, rebound, 3 round burst (10bps max), full auto, (10bps max)
Max Rate of fire: 17bps
Field legal mode lock
Smart Parts On/Off ASA
Includes Freak Jr. three piece 14 inch barrel
Feedneck: Vertical Q-Lock/NXT thread
Lightweight alloy grip frame/body

rumors are circulating about a NEW shocker. to clarify the cheap guns are not ion platform

marvin-martian
10-23-2007, 01:57 PM
i like the EOS. the others...not so much. i just feel like ive seen them before.

Critical
10-23-2007, 02:00 PM
That Sp-1 is hot, if you take off the 73 Weaver rails. Throw a lightweight stock on it, an MR3 carry handle in front of the feedneck, a freak barrel and a couple of little things here and there, and it would kick ass! Too bad it's blind though.

HelpDeskHustler
10-23-2007, 02:02 PM
SP-1 and vibe apparently run on a different playform than the ion/eos.

the ion xe and eos are updates of the ion and epiphany.

that's not macro on the sp1 and vibe btw.

Maxx-Damage
10-23-2007, 02:04 PM
I like the SP-1 styling, but not the fact that it can only fire 11bps. The vibe looked cool then i noticed it to only fire 11bps, and the EOS is really cool with the milling, but ill take a pmr....can u tell im looking for a new gun?...

HelpDeskHustler
10-23-2007, 02:06 PM
plz buy MY pmr!

pbfreak3221
10-23-2007, 02:06 PM
How many different body kits can they come up with and slap on ions?

Maxx-Damage
10-23-2007, 02:11 PM
plz buy MY pmr!
Sry hdh, i would but my team colors are blue and black, plus i dont have that much money. I was just gonna get a standard black one, and get a bloodline back cap. Or just get a blue one. Or i just might say screw it, and get a complete mtb for my b-day/x-mas and get a job next yr for a new gun.:shrug:

-Or maybe that Proto SLG

HelpDeskHustler
10-23-2007, 02:12 PM
How many different body kits can they come up with and slap on ions?
3. the eos and xe and the sp8 are the only ion based guns now. vibe and sp1 are NOT ion design according to the reports.

pbfreak3221
10-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Epiphany aswell

HelpDeskHustler
10-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Epiphany aswell
eos is replacing the epiphany, the xe is replacing the ion.

pbfreak3221
10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Exactly my point, the majority of their guns are remakes of the ion type platform.

Oscum Guy
10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
like the eos.

lol vibe n00b will be a new term i bet.

marvin-martian
10-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Exactly my point, the majority of their guns are remakes of the ion type platform.
what does dye and bob long do?

Oscum Guy
10-23-2007, 03:04 PM
dye and bob are starting to not do that. protege, vice, slg, pmr. well proto maybe not dye.

check teh fail/win chart. anything im missing?

pbfreak3221
10-23-2007, 03:06 PM
I agree marv, but they are improving the product, and it's working (ex. Hyper III, UL 2) smart parts is just making new body, and slight mods.

Critical
10-23-2007, 03:09 PM
I think that the protoge should be +1/-1, due to the fact that it's a win for the price, but many do not care for the styling.

SP1 can't really be said to fail for the single trigger, it's a mil-sim, hence the single trigger.

shunut
10-23-2007, 03:20 PM
I had the idea for the Vibe first, maybe I should sue :dodgy:

check teh fail/win chart. anything im missing?

What exactly is your "Fail/Win" chart based off?

Oscum Guy
10-23-2007, 03:20 PM
yeah i realised that

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i18/oscumguy/failchart.jpg

HelpDeskHustler
10-23-2007, 03:22 PM
I agree marv, but they are improving the product, and it's working (ex. Hyper III, UL 2) smart parts is just making new body, and slight mods.

weight, reg and BOB... that sounds like more work than the dm8 had done. Let's do some math.

Epiphany would be expected to drop $50+ in 2008 because it had been produced for awhile and smart parts is known to do that. So essentially you are paying $50 for a BOB and lighter gun with a reworked reg on the EOS.

the Dm7 would probably need a price drop of $200-300 to sell better than newer competing guns, action village and others would probably start the trend to clear stock. So you are paying $200+ for a new regulator design, and new style.

sounds like a better deal for me. if you hate smartparts just say so, don't be all passive aggressive and try to show logic that is no good.

and oscum, i'd give the ego8 win for being 800 cheaper than the sl74... but in general, egos fail for being way to expensive with such little improvement.

pbfreak3221
10-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Hard not to hate a company attempting to control the entire paintball market, and sue anyone and everyone to ever touch anything paintball related.

Oscum Guy
10-23-2007, 03:33 PM
I had the idea for the Vibe first, maybe I should sue :dodgy:

What exactly is your "Fail/Win" chart based off?
my opinions :p and some other people at the timmy clan

HelpDeskHustler
10-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Hard not to hate a company attempting to control the entire paintball market, and sue anyone and everyone to ever touch anything paintball related.
This isn't a debate about business ethics, it's a product news thread. But, since you'd like to make it that I'll just pull out the basic stops:
1. You do not work for Smart Parts and therefore have no validity to the inside of their aspirations by saying they are "attempting to control the entire paintball market" Anyone can put spin on a situation, and say it a billion times until people believe them; you're not special.
2. It is the right of any person or organization in the United States to sue any person or organization at anytime for anything. Stop whining over people exercising their rights, you just might get what you want, it's called fascism.
3. Any company that allows themselves to be trampled by others is a company bound to fail at some time, Smart Parts is only trying to stay in business, by stopping cheap knockoffs from taking their ideas without doing their work otherwise why would they have signed a "treaty" of sorts with Dye and WDP, both serious competitors which had products infringing Smart Parts' patents? Maybe they weren't in to shut everyone down... Maybe they knew Dye and WDP's engineer's actually did their own homework... who knows.
4. Paintball isn't the only sport with people suing people, but the naivety of the paintball community and the fact that we have one of the largest online sports communities could be the reason so many lawsuits are dug up, and that people react to them like 12 year olds.

Stop crying and get over it. Business has always been shady at times, if you want paintball to have the homey garage business feel, maybe we should drop our numbers to 20th on the extreme sports most played list.

The Pumper
10-23-2007, 03:55 PM
they are alright. I expected better tho.

leed
10-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Hey! When'd you take the invisibility cloak off?!

:dodgy:

Hob Hayward
10-23-2007, 04:58 PM
I gotta give it to them, these guns look sick.

I'm seriously tempted to buy the milsim one... I mean $150!

HelpDeskHustler
10-23-2007, 05:10 PM
I gotta give it to them, these guns look sick.

I'm seriously tempted to buy the milsim one... I mean $150!
I want to see the internals and some people shoot it before i invest in something without eyes.

Hob Hayward
10-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Oh, no eyes eh, still, thats probably why its capped at 11 bps...

Hard to beat that price for ion innies though.

Btw, portal is the **** :D

newkid
10-23-2007, 06:19 PM
vibe looks pretty cool but thats where it starts and stops imo, i give a meh for the SP-1 the XE and eos seem pretty cool

shunut
10-23-2007, 06:22 PM
my opinions :p and some other people at the timmy clan

How many of those guns have you held, shot or even seen on a store shelf?

Oscum Guy
10-23-2007, 06:22 PM
there not released yet... its how i think they will do on the market.

shunut
10-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Also, you can't compare the Ego8 to the SL74. You have to compare it to the Ego7. Only thing you can compare to the SL74 is the next SL that Planet Eclipse releases.

Sorry to get off topic guys.

HelpDeskHustler
10-23-2007, 07:24 PM
i agree with shu, even though i feel pe charges too much. I want an ego 8 above everything else this year.

vikingshadow
10-23-2007, 07:53 PM
This isn't a debate about business ethics, it's a product news thread. But, since you'd like to make it that I'll just pull out the basic stops:
1. You do not work for Smart Parts and therefore have no validity to the inside of their aspirations by saying they are "attempting to control the entire paintball market" Anyone can put spin on a situation, and say it a billion times until people believe them; you're not special.
2. It is the right of any person or organization in the United States to sue any person or organization at anytime for anything. Stop whining over people exercising their rights, you just might get what you want, it's called fascism.
3. Any company that allows themselves to be trampled by others is a company bound to fail at some time, Smart Parts is only trying to stay in business, by stopping cheap knockoffs from taking their ideas without doing their work otherwise why would they have signed a "treaty" of sorts with Dye and WDP, both serious competitors which had products infringing Smart Parts' patents? Maybe they weren't in to shut everyone down... Maybe they knew Dye and WDP's engineer's actually did their own homework... who knows.
4. Paintball isn't the only sport with people suing people, but the naivety of the paintball community and the fact that we have one of the largest online sports communities could be the reason so many lawsuits are dug up, and that people react to them like 12 year olds.

Yes, absolutely - I totally agree.

*Edited because, well, it was a bit mean. Correct, but mean! - Vike

Oscum Guy
10-24-2007, 05:23 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/Spano1/sppics.jpg

newkid
10-24-2007, 05:34 PM
the SP-1 looks diff in that pic

Oscum Guy
10-24-2007, 05:53 PM
maybe it comes in double trig to.