PDA

View Full Version : Mr1 volocity problem

Souji Okita
10-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Hey dudes, who are you?

Well...I live in Brazil and I wanna buy a Spyder MR1. Unfurtunately, a some mr1 users that i know(all of then actualy) are complaining about a problem that do not allow to put the mr1 shot velocity down 290 fps. Does Mr1 still coming with that problem? And How can i fix it?

Well, i'm waiting for an answer. tks and cya

Taillo
10-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Ive seen posts about this one. They had to buy a new spring kit and i think they cutted down the striker spring just a little shorter so it works as if the velocity screw had been turned down more than it could.

But why would you bring the velocity down 290? it sounds like a perfect safe and accurate velocity...

Souji Okita
10-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Thank you for answering. Do you know were are this more specific topics?

Well here in Brazil people use to play with 270-280 fps, that's why i have to pull speed down.

Does anyone know if the new spyders mr1 are still coming with that bug?

Cya

chnk
10-23-2007, 06:36 PM
play with it more, if the mr1 is new chances are the spring just needs to be broken in, shoot a case through it

DRCeccato
10-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Another option is to switch to a High Pressure(compressed) Air.

I found that CO2 has a high tendency to have spikes in the velocity. If you can't use air, then you'll have to either cut or switch out the spring.

paintballkid0206
10-25-2007, 08:43 AM
mine had a problem like that. i got it and played and turned the velocity down all the way and it was shooting like 295-300. i just took it in to the airsmith and had him clip the spring. (I would've rather bought a new spring kit, but thats the only way i could play). if you do clip the spring, only clip 1 or 2 rings off at first, and if it's still shooting high, clip one more.