PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary

vikingshadow
10-21-2007, 06:34 PM
No, this is not an offshoot of the previous "Anniversary" thread. Today is my actual anniversary anniversary. 18 years ago today, the men cheered and the women cried for the world had lost a single, woman-getting, cassanova-type, man.

...and I got married that day as well...

Technically, I call it my wife's anniversary since it's mainly all about making her day (you'll understand, those of you not already here, once you get this far!) She got flowers, a gift certificate to a clothing place around here, an MP3 player (previous one was stolen from my oldest daughter) and I took her out for supper at a fancy steak place here in town. I also cleaned the house, did the dishes and the laundry, so she basically had the weekend off...

I did, however, get a cool RC airplane! I can't wait for the wind to stop sweeping down the plains so I can go out and fly it...

Anyway, just thought I'd share my happy news with you fellers. Now, I'm going to pop the cap off this beer and have myself a good cry - I mean reflect upon the past 18 years!

Hossy
10-21-2007, 06:47 PM
18 years ago today, the men cheered and the women cried for the world had lost a single, woman-getting, cassanova-type, man.

lol stop joking vike :D

Congrats bud!

Muddytaco
10-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Way to go vik:up:

Post pics of your rc plane when you get a chance, I got a helicopter but it is busted b/c i thought it would be cool to see how high i could make it go, it went really high but it was closely fallowed by a nice really high fall lol.

oldironmudder
10-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Great to hear it Vik.

Today was my 6 month anniversary. :)

shunut
10-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Congrats Vike!

vikingshadow
10-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks, guys! While I joke about it, I really am proud of us and glad we've stuck with it this long. Not bad for only dating 3 months...but then, my in-laws dated 2 weeks before they got married and we just celebrated their 50th a couple weeks ago.

Hey! Congrats on the 6 months, Iron...

Mudster - I'll get some pics tomorrow (if I remember, that is.) It's not a high dollar one, in fact, it's probably just a starter plane. Nothing fancy. BUT, I've never flown one before, so it's going to be fun. It's and Estes brand (the rocket guys).

I like being married because I get all the toys I never got when I was a kid, lol!

kidonfire
10-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Happy anniversary. I got both a plane and a helicopter. The choppers busted right now, as I tried to land on a ping pong table and came down too early. Blades + table = :(

oldironmudder
10-22-2007, 03:54 AM
I like being married because I get all the toys I never got when I was a kid, lol!

LOL, I some how talked my wife into paying half on this truck Ive been looking for for about 7 years now.

bamf-hacker
10-22-2007, 05:53 AM
Congrats buddy... Have fun with the plane.

LostCause
10-22-2007, 11:12 AM
congrats man!!!!!! just dont break to much with the plane :)

vikingshadow
10-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks again! I can't go play with the plane today because it rained all morning, and now the wind is blowing like crazy again. Being in Oklahoma, this may not have been such a great idea....

Critical
10-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Indoors!

vikingshadow
10-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Hahaha! I thought about that - wish I could find a place like that big enough around here. I tried in the house, but I scared the dog and made my wife a bit upset, so I had to stop...

The Pumper
10-22-2007, 01:29 PM
LOL.

Got a garage or a big barn?

Critical
10-22-2007, 01:44 PM
... and made my wife a bit upset, so I had to stop...

you've been married for 18 years and you dive-bombing the family pet and doing fly-bys at the wife while the pattern is full and she only gets a bit upset?

You get the Maverick thumbs-up!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/jeffstory/tom_cruise3_180_135.jpg

Oscum Guy
10-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Hahaha! I thought about that - wish I could find a place like that big enough around here. I tried in the house, but I scared the dog and made my wife a bit upset, so I had to stop...
lol cool.

xtraking
10-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Oh great, so an RC plane is supposed to entice me to get married? Psh.

Haha jk, congrats bud.

LostCause
10-22-2007, 03:52 PM
fly in the house, and you can have a points system:
1 point for annoying dog
2 points fro breaking something not expansive(thoguh then again today everything is)
100 points if wife breaks plane in fit of rage....:D

lno that could be bad :D hoep it gests nicer for you soon!

Critical
10-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Oh great, so an RC plane is supposed to entice me to get married? Psh.

Haha jk, congrats bud.

No, getting married solves the problem of getting all dressed up, finding the happening place just at the peak and getting turned down by strange women who you'd never talk to without a bunch of drinks in you. Once you're married, all you have to do is roll over to get turned down. Saves lots of time for other hobbies.

newkid
10-22-2007, 04:55 PM
congrats man, my parents are having there 25th this year and my grand parents had there 50th last month

DRAGON
10-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Happy 'A' Vik.......

Hope you're getting something in return for all that........extracurricular nestegg attention - ;)

mv540
10-22-2007, 06:46 PM
lol, congrats man, have fun!:p

vikingshadow
10-23-2007, 03:50 AM
No, getting married solves the problem of getting all dressed up, finding the happening place just at the peak and getting turned down by strange women who you'd never talk to without a bunch of drinks in you. Once you're married, all you have to do is roll over to get turned down. Saves lots of time for other hobbies.

AMEN! You don't know how much work all that dating stuff is until you've been married a few years - usually rolling over to get turned down is a bit more work than it's worth, SOMETIMES! :p

Happy 'A' Vik.......

Hope you're getting something in return for all that........extracurricular nestegg attention - ;)

Yeah, baby! I almost thought it was tax season again...or she wanted something more expensive!

fly in the house, and you can have a points system:
1 point for annoying dog
2 points fro breaking something not expansive(thoguh then again today everything is)
100 points if wife breaks plane in fit of rage....:D

lno that could be bad :D hoep it gests nicer for you soon!

You forgot:

10 points for getting kids riled up and making mom yell at them
50 points for breaking something expensive and successfully hiding it until I can replace it! :( :D

TheRedBarron
10-23-2007, 08:24 AM
Vike I don't mean to insult your wifes intelligence or anything but what woman in her right mind would stay with you for that long? :p

Congrats bro.

vikingshadow
10-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Well, I'm a stud, that's all there is to it!

LOL!

Chris Cole
10-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Actually, she's the nicest, sweetest blind lady I've ever met. :D