PDA

View Full Version : weight

hudabom246
10-21-2007, 07:45 AM
im thinking of selling my MR2 because it is so heavy. i cant really run around with it. if i do sell it, wat is the best milsim gun under $300 and not 10 pounds?

thanks

slim and shady
10-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Rather than going through all the BS of selling and buying id just lift weighs, get a sling and a remote coil that will lighten the load alot. Most milsim players would probably say MR's or A-5's but if you put any milsim kits on the A-5 it heavy to, good luck

wylde01
10-21-2007, 08:01 AM
what he said!! i thought my mr2 was heavy but once you buy a sling and use a remote line the load is lightened up a lot.

hudabom246
10-21-2007, 08:12 AM
i also forgot to mention that i have a halo b!
i think thats the problem. I read that you need a force fed hopper to make the mr2 really work. so i bought a Halo and it weighs like 100 pounds! is there another hopper that works and is lighter?

The Pumper
10-21-2007, 08:19 AM
Yes. The halo is very heavy, even I was surprised the first time I got one. I'd just keep it and get a sling like everyone else said.

slim and shady
10-21-2007, 08:25 AM
I dont know who anymore but if you look through old threads there is someone on this sight who sells adapters for the halo so that you can use 9volt batteries instead of the 50 AA batteries that it normaly uses. This lightens up the Halo quick, also i think it was supper cheep like 3$ or something like that.

wylde01
10-21-2007, 08:28 AM
i wouldn't use the "halo is heavy" excuse because i use the reloader b and dont have a problem along with alot of other people. i dont mean to flame if it comes out that way but if you use a sling the only time you will need to be holding your marker with a tight grip is while in a fire fight, the rest of the time just let it rest

darth massacre
10-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Didn't someone else post something like this before and got bombarded with "Go lift some weights" replies? :D

Ok ok, in all seriousness. If you're still a kid (below 18), you might want to get something that suits your weight class. Personally I believe the first thing in paintball is safety, then comes fun, and only then comes all the cool gear and so on. But if you're a young adult, go lift some weights. A sling helps too - there are some great and cheap ideas you can look into on this thread:

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=3191

wylde01
10-21-2007, 08:44 AM
once again i dont mean to flame if it comes out this way but i am 17 and not very big and the mr2 does not even phase me with its weight. it also has the ak ex chamber which adds more weight along with a full reloader b. maybe since ive played for 3 years and have ran miles at a time with my markers it helps a little???

darth massacre
10-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Whoa hey dude - no offense meant in my above post. We've all seen it, its hard to get it across but if they don't work on it regularly like most of us have then its gonna be dead weight in the hands all weekend long.

I'm not very fit myself - I used to play a fast game at 18, but now at 29 I'm slowing down my game a lot so I don't tire myself out. Plus the adrenalin takes care of everything else during the game.

Not fun when I hit the showers though.

nick_t33
10-21-2007, 09:29 AM
yeah i'm all stiff from lugging my q-loaded mr2 around all day yesterday, and there's not much you can doo besides get a sling and a remote, unless of coarse you craft an entirely new body out of something lighter(which would be rad)

Tacticalsniper25
10-21-2007, 05:18 PM
its only like 3 pounds. ive ran around with my 6 pound air rifle and thats easy. but yeah you should lift some weights if you think its heavy

interceptorMR2
10-21-2007, 06:53 PM
hey dude, if its the tank that really bothers you when it comes to adding on weight, get a remote coil. and yeah like what nick said about a sling, that should help alot too.

*EL-Mago*
10-23-2007, 08:31 AM
The remote is the ultimate in PB...I would never look back or think otherwise about my Remote! With all the add-ons for your marker there is no other choice.

DARKWINT3R
10-23-2007, 07:01 PM
if your want a different gun, id say get a tippmann x7. i have one (and a mr2) and it is very light.