PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried?

slim and shady
10-20-2007, 06:47 PM
I was wondering with all the different mods that I have seen for the MR2 done by users of the gun if anyone has tried to make there own barrel shrouds or other decoretive junk to improve the milsim look of the marker?

nick_t33
10-20-2007, 07:06 PM
you know, i was just thinking about how i could do it cause i'm sick of being resctriced on my choice of barrels, and like none of the kits fit either. But here's what i was thinking:

either using a fore grip for a real gun oooor using the front block off a x7 and retrofitting it to fit on the front there. In fact i'm going to see about doing that sometime this week

slim and shady
10-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Well let me know how it works out for you, I was thinking for sometime now about using fiberglass to make various partls like...Different styled magazines,barrel shrouds things like that. I wouldnt actually fierglass them right to the gun but make each individual peice then put it on the gun with existing screws on the marker. I dont know I just like to change the look of the marker freaquently.

darth massacre
10-21-2007, 08:52 AM
I took off the barrel shroud completely and sliced up the adapter plug and the foregrip so it now sits flushed with the main body. That opens up my barrel options and allowed me to stick an Opsgear 7 inch RIS onto it. Looks closer to an AR now.

I can't remember who now, someone did use delrin to shape a G36 mod for his MR2. Haven't seen any updates.

nick_t33
10-21-2007, 09:23 AM
yeah i think i remember seeing that somewhere. I'm probably going to start with the new shroud project sometime this week, but i'm proabably going to need a new foregrip, anybody know where i can get one for a reasonable price?

nick_t33
10-23-2007, 12:41 PM
anybody got an extra foregrip i can buy/have for my mod?