PDA

View Full Version : [Video Request] Spyder VS2 Maintenance

SpyderMan233
10-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Read title. I need a video of how to maintain my vs2 so it works perfectly for everyday of play. I just need a video for reference because this is my first paintball gun.

The Pumper
10-20-2007, 07:41 AM
Just check on youtube.

I'll see if I can find one.

OR PM opty. :)

Nah 85
10-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Its not a video but someone wrote on how to maintain 1, something to use till you find a video.

http://www.paintballforum.com/kingman-spyder/155503-common-things-use-maintain-spyder-vs2.html

Kenny_McCormic
10-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Pretty simple really.
1. pull out bolt pin and remove bolt
2. wipe down bolt and squeegee top tube
3. replace bolt and pin
4.put 5 drops of oil in the ASA (where the tank screw in) air it up and shoot it with no balls or barrel about 50 times.
5. your done go have fun.
This should be done after every day of play.

DonF
10-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Pretty simple really.
1. pull out bolt pin and remove bolt
2. wipe down bolt and squeegee top tube
3. replace bolt and pin
4.put 5 drops of oil in the ASA (where the tank screw in) air it up and shoot it with no balls or barrel about 50 times.

That will work -for a while.... Then it may need to be cleaned and serviced correctly for optimum performance. Some people cant tell the difference unless their maker is so bad it almost freezes up :(
Thats how I got my VS2 for $60!

swoosh81
10-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Pretty simple really.
1. pull out bolt pin and remove bolt You need to explain that better or people are gonna be calling Kingman to get a replacement ball bearing and spring for there bolt.
2. wipe down bolt and squeegee top tube Shouldn't lubing the striker be in here somewhere?
3. replace bolt and pin
4.put 5 drops of oil in the ASA (where the tank screw in) air it up and shoot it with no balls or barrel about 50 times. 5 drops of oil is alot, nothing like flooding the gun with oil and having to wipe the bolt off again.

Here's a link for some VS videos. The disassembly video shows him taking the bolt pin out, don't do that. That is a Alamo City bolt he has along with the striker. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1910338

SpyderMan233
10-20-2007, 09:00 PM
So basically here is what I got:

1) Remove bolt and clean the chamber(make sure eyes are clean)
2) Remove Paint from barrel
3) Lube striker o-ring
4) put 2-3 drops of oil in the asa to lube the reg(dryfire about 50 times)

Anyways recently I removed one of my ball stoppers because it looked like it was deformed and replaced it with a spare and now my bolt slows down bit and i'm not sure if this is normal because before I had a deformed ball stopper. So should I rub some oil on them or just leave it because thats just how it is? Thanks for the replys.

BTW: I would still like a video :D

swoosh81
10-20-2007, 09:23 PM
I'd make a vid but don't have a digital videocamera, I just have a normal digital camera the card only allows for 2 min. vids.

Here's the list of what I do if I shoot more than 500 shots with a stock VS series gun.
1. Unscrew barrel into 2 peices, take feedneck off and take it apart (take sleeve off and take twist clamp off) and set into warm water.
2. Take eye covers off and take detents out (also go into the water)
3. Unscrew the front foregrip and take the macroline off from the asa.
4. Take both grip frame screws out and set grip frame to the side.
5. Take out the striker plug, buffer and spring.
6. Pull the bolt back, then lift up gently on the cocking knob and slide the bolt out.
7. Tap the body on the palm of my hand and the striker will come out, most of the time striker will fall out.
8. I use a fuzzy swab and swab out both lower and top tubes, the lower tube remember the valve is still in there don't push to hard.
9. Completely wipe off the body grip frame and all other parts that were in water.
10. Wipe off excess oil from the bolt and striker, I reapply 1 drop of oil onto the striker o-ring. Reinsert striker into lower tube.
11. Insert bolt back into gun and push down cocking knob engaging it into the striker.
12. Put grip frame back on gun letting the back screw out a little bit so I can install the striker plug.
13. Put spring onto striker plug, then striker buffer onto spring. The reinsert it back into the gun, the tighten down grip frame screw making sure it's in the hole in the striker plug.
14. Put detents back in and eyes and put eye covers back on.
15. Then I put the feedneck back together and tighten onto gun

Before a day of play I take the bolt out and put 1 drop of oil onto the bolt oring and put a little oil on my finger and rub the detents for lubrication. Before I attach air source 2-3 drops of oil into the asa and dryfire 10-15 times without the barrel or loader attached. I then take a rag and get excess oil out of the feedneck and from the detents to where the barrel attaches.

The Pumper
10-21-2007, 07:46 AM
if i had a vs2 i would because im all into the movie making and all that jazz. :(

I'll look around for videos and post if I find it.

swoosh81
10-21-2007, 08:29 AM
I checked all over for one, but couldn't find any that were decent.

Tcheno
10-21-2007, 08:38 AM
http://www.darksidevideo.org/video/e00f74db-c779-43e3-95a0-98ab01763527.htm