PDA

View Full Version : MR1 or MR2

AMP Warrior
10-19-2007, 04:38 PM
I started playing paintball about a month ago. I LOVE IT!!! I'm still a beginner though. I am just wondering if i should ditch my current MR1 for an MR2. I read on pbreview that the MR2 is awsome. I love my mr1 but i like the idea of having an electric gun for speedball and for woodsball. I also would like to put upgrades on my MR1 but there is not a whole lot of room for them, i have looked at pics of an MR2 and it has alot more area for dovetail than the MR1. Which is better?

oldironmudder
10-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Why not keep the MR1 & buy an used eframe from the BST section? Plus you could sell the mechanical frame to recover some of the cost on the eframe. I maybe looking for another MR1 frame soon since i like it so much.

SupaSnipa
10-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Why not keep the MR1 & buy an used eframe from the BST section? Plus you could sell the mechanical frame to recover some of the cost on the eframe. I maybe looking for another MR1 frame soon since i like it so much.
:yeahthat:
I personally think the MR-1 is better than the MR-2. The only thing the mr2 ahas on the mr1 is that it is clesd bolt...you can easily get a used eframe and put an acs bolt in it anyways. Just stick with the mr1 and up it

AMP Warrior
10-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks alot. But real quick, im new so eframe means next to nothing. Im not dum though. Thats electric frame or somthin that would make my MR1 electric. ANother question, i just searched eframe on ebay and i got about 0 results, so what do i search for or where can i get one. There are no paintball stores close to me besides ****s that i know of.

SupaSnipa
10-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Yes an e frame makes it electronic. Here is one (http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-productinfo/category-118_2868_3216_3218/product-4696/paintball-gun-upgrades-kingman-spyder-frames-kingman-kingman-camd-electro-frame.html?zenid=de1cd480758029118d4562cf1c5052ca)

chnk
10-19-2007, 06:38 PM
if you're new the mr2 might not be the best choice for you,

the mr2 is actually more speedball based, that means you'll need a HIGH end hopper to keep up with the gun, without one the mr2 won't be able to be used at its full potential,

its capped at 25 bps which is actually fast for a marker with no eyes and completely unnecessary because no one can pull their fingers that fast without some kind of electronic assist,

so basically, a mr1 will get the job done and it sounds like that is all you need right now, so i say stick with it

the mr2 is more speedball which means it needs speedball needs and will sometimes have speedball issues that you might not want to deal with,

when the times comes you feel you need more speed, buy and e-frame and high end hopper isn't a bad idea,

the reason i say high end hopper is because low/middle end hoppers are a waste of money to me and you'll probably end up looking to upgrade it anyways, plus high ends work better with all the blow back the mr series actually make

AMP Warrior
10-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Alright thanks a mil. I had completely forgotten about e-MR1's. And i didn't know i cud make my non-electric one electic, so thanks

new_Faction64
10-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Save your time and money and shoulder and get an Autococker.

AMP Warrior
10-20-2007, 08:52 AM
I have actually thought alot about that. My friend built one and was gunna sell to me real cheap. I think he was gunna sell it for like $500 which i thought was crazy he said he would sell it to me for $300 but i turned him down. Then i got the MR1 for my birthday and i like it alot too, mostly i like having the stock the only problem is it gets in the way.

AMP Warrior
10-20-2007, 01:36 PM
If i get an eframe i will need a new drop foreward. WHat should i do there?

irishwarrior
11-13-2007, 03:07 PM
I have a MR1 and put an e-frame on it. Instead of getting a new drop-forward you can go remote. Because you're new and may not know what it is going remote means that you attach the tank to the gun using a remote line. This allows you to carry the tank on your back, or anywhere you like.

camo_mr1
11-14-2007, 01:30 PM
i thought the same thing after a few games with my mr1, im also very new to paintball. been playing for a few months and already think that i should have got a mr2 or mr3. my game plan is to buy a mr3 later on but i think the e-mr1 should have been my choice. also im kind of starting to like the olive guns better lol