PDA

View Full Version : Rain Problems???

KingTutt
10-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Just wodering if anyone has had the same problem as I. I went out with some friends for some woodsball a couple of weeks ago. It was raining off and on and it seemed as if my shots went just about every way but the ones I wanted it to. Was the rain getting into my barrel and making them go that way? I was useing a 16" and the stock barrel with hemorrage paint. Just wanted to make sure I was doing noting wrong other than playing out in the rain?

10-18-2007, 09:59 PM
rain+paintball=you having a bad time

druid
10-18-2007, 11:47 PM
11 pretty much summed it up for you ;)

slim and shady
10-19-2007, 07:31 PM
I dont know I have played durring downpoors and it never effected my marker or its preformence, I was concerned with rain getting into the hand grip and frying the board so i made foam gaskets for them and never had any trouble. Why do you guys think rain = Bad time?
I use lots of electronics, gun, hopper sights, radios fans ect. Nothing hasnt been abel to handel the challenge, the only time i run into trouble is with winter paintball, the MR2 doesnt do to well in the cold.

KingTutt
10-19-2007, 11:12 PM
I live in the Seattle area so the rain is not the "problem" I accualy like playing when there is a little rain falling but I just had the problem with the paint this last time just going every way but where I wanted them to. I thought that maybe the rain was either softening the balls then putting dimples in them or the water was giving the balls more spin. I heard a few other people haveing the same problem.

KingTutt
10-19-2007, 11:13 PM
I dont know I have played durring downpoors and it never effected my marker or its preformence, I was concerned with rain getting into the hand grip and frying the board so i made foam gaskets for them and never had any trouble.
What did you make the gaskets out of? and did you change the grips?

slim and shady
10-20-2007, 07:25 PM
No I didnt change the grips and I made the gasket out of that water repelant foam that is on the bottoms of a drawer in a toolbox to keep the tools from scratching the paint. they work really well and i no longer have those concernes.

darth massacre
10-21-2007, 10:01 AM
I get out of the rain when it rains :D

Personally I've had enough of playing soldier in the rain when I was actually a soldier playing soldier in the rain. Effs everything up - takes forever to dry the gear.

ps: I come from Singapore, every male there went thru the army.