PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Sonix 07 likes to chop!

Thatsteveguy
10-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Just got a Spyder Sonix 07 and I only have 1 issue with it so far... It likes to chop balls in the chamber / feed. choped within a few rounds 5/6 Games with Marballizer paintballs, the 1/6 I only fired a few rounds. I used both the stock barrel and a Custom Products 14" .689 with the same results. I tried an electric loader today and was actually able to finish most of a hopper, then I turned it off and shot 2 rounds, it had some in the feed / elbow still, and it choped. My question is this, since there will still rounds in the feed did I just get lucky? Or is the electric just the way to go? I would love to try an ACS bolt but the new Sonix 07 use a pull pin bolt and I have been unable to find any Spyder bolts for it. Thoughts?

oldironmudder
10-16-2007, 11:50 PM
Sounds like you are out shooting your hopper. A force feed hopper like the Halo or Q-Loader should fix that.

As far as ACBs go, the universal ACS will work. Any rear cocking one will work also, like the one I have for sale (click yardsale link below.)

oldironmudder
10-16-2007, 11:54 PM
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13451

Read this thread I answered earlier today.

Thatsteveguy
10-17-2007, 12:55 AM
Sadly the ACS does not fit in the Sonix 07, I even took it into a paintball shop to test it. Due to the Pull Pin Top cocking bolt design. I would have to cut about an inch of metal out of the back to get the ACS in.

oldironmudder
10-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Well, then you need a rear cocking bolt.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/drunknmudder77/jambolt.jpg

See how the bolt goes so far behind the bolt/striker pin? Thats what you will need.

Maj_Paint
10-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Sadly the ACS does not fit in the Sonix 07, I even took it into a paintball shop to test it. Due to the Pull Pin Top cocking bolt design. I would have to cut about an inch of metal out of the back to get the ACS in.

Basically what he is saying is that the pin that connects the bolt to the striker doesn't move and that the back of the gun is solid. He would have to mill about an inch by a quarter inch slot in the gun. I've been thinking about it myself and just turning my 07 sonix into a rear-cocking marker.

spray and pray
10-18-2007, 04:52 PM
It is very annoying with the new Classic Xtra and spyder........ I have the classic Xtra and I also like to chop so I looked at an ACS bolt but none of them would fit. I am pretty sure that they have a bolt for the sonix 07 on alamocity but it's not ACS.