PDA

View Full Version : MR2 Barrel test

CKvBP
10-15-2007, 08:03 PM
I got myself a J&J edge barrel kit and after having a day of really sloppy fire I decided to run some real tests in my back yard at 45ft and 75ft with everything I had to see what happend. The black tape in the image is 1ft long and divided into 2 segments of 6in each so you can guage size. I didnt get to finish the 75ft mark because the tape fell off and I couldnt get anything to stick. The paintballs were Impact brand, some of the top rated paint at www.pbreview.com and easily found at wallmart.

Barrels tested w/10 shots each:
MR2 stock
J&J Ceramic 16in
J&J Edge kit w/4 diffrent sized backs.

http://picasaweb.google.com/karlvb/PBBarrelAccuracy1015071044PM

seems to me the 16in J&J ruled. MR2 stock sucks. Edge barrel kit w/.688 back was in the running at 45ft but fell appart at 75, I did a 2nd run with that and it seemed to do better that time but I have no photo.

chnk
10-15-2007, 09:07 PM
what tip on the kit were u using, when i still had mine the 12inch tip actually worked better than the 16 inch one

CKvBP
10-15-2007, 09:26 PM
its a 12in front.

The 16in J&J ceramic does not fit the kit as it has spyder threads. So the 16in J&J was firing without any sized back. the impact balls tend to be small and roll right out of it. the .685 back they fit tightly in, the .688 they fit very losely in, but stay put.

I'd love to know why the 16in J&J is performing so well when its oversized.

chnk
10-16-2007, 01:03 PM
well because paintball sizes aren't as consistent as people think, so over boring is usually a better idea

i was talking about the 16 inch front on the j&j kits

nick_t33
10-20-2007, 08:08 PM
woah wait, the edge kit will fit through the shroud? cause i'm seriously looking into getting this kit

chnk
10-20-2007, 08:09 PM
no, a little milling tho it'll fit

nick_t33
10-20-2007, 08:11 PM
like, how much, cause i was going to get the shroud milled for a hammerhead fin, but then the whole top of the shroud would have to come off, and i don't want that to happen

vikingshadow
10-20-2007, 09:24 PM
well because paintball sizes aren't as consistent as people think, so over boring is usually a better idea

Been saying that for a couple years now, but not many pay attention. Not only is overboring NOT a waste of air, it saves having those annoying barrel breaks that come with fitting a barrel exactly with paint. It also doesn't affect accuracy.

I size my paint, then go up one size, although I know some people who overbore several sizes and don't seem to have problems.

Must say I'm surprised you were having problems with the kit over 45 feet. I have one and it always seemed pretty accurate over longer distances (with a 12 - 14 inch length.)

CKvBP
10-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Maybe my aim just sucks ;-)

Just three quick side notes:
1. I aimed the same for every barrel, I didnt adjust for any odd tendancys one might have.

2. I ordered an Apex barrel, I'll add some shots of it on flatline and on 'off'

3. Also nabed a regulator, I'll also add some before and after shots with the 16in J&J once I get it setup.

chnk
10-21-2007, 01:28 PM
like, how much, cause i was going to get the shroud milled for a hammerhead fin, but then the whole top of the shroud would have to come off, and i don't want that to happen

i milled the barrel back not the shroud