PDA

View Full Version : Hpa?

venom3carnage
10-15-2007, 11:02 AM
can anyone tell me what it means? I think it means high preasured air but am not to sure. Thanks

bamf-hacker
10-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Yes it is High Pressure Air. If you want a long drawn out explanation just ask.

applesauce
10-15-2007, 11:59 AM
HPA/NITRO/NITRUS/compressed air. all the same thing just air compressed into a tank.

venom3carnage
10-15-2007, 01:09 PM
well actually. I know what CO2 and HPA(just learned). I hear compressed air is better is than CO2 is that true and if so why? and so nitro/nitrus/compressed air are they all the same or are they different? nitro isnt the same thing you attach to ur car is it?

The Pumper
10-15-2007, 01:19 PM
well actually. I know what CO2 and HPA(just learned). I hear compressed air is better is than CO2 is that true and if so why? and so nitro/nitrus/compressed air are they all the same or are they different? nitro isnt the same thing you attach to ur car is it?HPA is more consistent than CO2. HPA is "more clean" than co2 because co2 is a dirty gas and its alot colder than HPA. CO2 tends to spike at certain temperatures.

Yes they are the same thing.

I'm not sure about the car thing.

Maj_Paint
10-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Nope it's not, you're thinking NO2. The tanks are just the air that you and I breathe.

applesauce
10-16-2007, 02:47 PM
cars use nitrous oxide, the nitrous used in in HPA just refers to nitrogen in the atmosphere.

HelpDeskHustler
10-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Co2 is stored at a pressure, that when gas expands from the tank, it can cause the temperature to decrease dramatically. This decrease in temperature can lead to the gas condensating to liquid and even the temporary change will lead to inefficiencies since the gas will expand erratically upon the paintball. HPA/Compressed air is better because compressed air can handle much more pressure and loss of energy before it changes to liquid. Keeping it in a gaseous state increases the efficiency. Since Nitrogen is more than half of the air we breath, most of HPA's benefits lie in its notoriously low liquification point. In fact, HPA tanks used to get filled with N2 alone.

Nitrous oxide is never used in paintball, except maybe as an anesthetic if you end up in the hospital for some reason. Nitrous oxide is actually N20, and the addition of this Oxygen atom causes it to be very flammable, which is why it's used as an accellerant for burning gas in cars, and causing them to speed up rapidly. "Nitrous" as HPA is often called is just a misnomer of nitrogen which is still technically incorrect.

Nitrous Oxide is unusually named. Normally it would be called "DiNitrogen MonOxide" I was told why it isn't called this once, but I forget. N20, as Maj inaccurately identified as Nitrous oxide, would actually be called Nitrogen Dioxide. I'm not even sure a bond between 2 Oxygen and 1 Nitrogen can exist for a long peroid of time, I'd have to look at some electron charts and other stuff, it's been awhile since chem.