PDA

View Full Version : Paint to Barrel specs

Maverickgot86ed
10-15-2007, 07:20 AM
Well, for a month now ive enjoyed the advice from others here...you all have increased my purchasing power, now ive got a question...i recently came across an MR1 and have been playing around with upgrades...my only issue is i havent figured out a paint to barrel combo that works for me. I bought the CMI 16" barrel and have only used BIG paint and JT tactical paint both .68 i believe...any one else use this barrel? any ideas perhaps?

ajsla13
10-17-2007, 08:16 PM
i have a mr-1 non electronic. i first tried stingers, that were from a big chain sporting goods store, in the stock barrel and i was ready to return the gun. it shot horrible. every shot was way off and very inconsistent. I went out and bought a 14" smart parts progressive barel and some formula 13 paint from the local pro shop. now this thing is a nail driver. i am right on the money every time. i also tried the stingers again and there was a slight improvement over the stock barrel but not much. the combination of formula 13 paint and the smart parts barrel was the best i found after trying a few diffreny kinds of paint.

you really have to match the paint to the barrel. drop a ball in from the threaded end and see what it does. it should not fall right through with no resistance. it should stay in the barrel and you should have to blow on the end of the barrel to eject it, but you dont want the ball to get stuck that is bad too. if the ball does not make a good seal then the c02 will escape around the ball and not propel it out of the barrel the way it should. you will need to try a few combinations or paint and barrels till you get it right. when you buy paint tryh to get it from a pro shop not a big chain, the chains buy in bulk and the paint can sit around for a while. you can never be sure. pro shops buy smaller amounts and sell them faster so you can be pretty sure you are getting fresh paint. buying good paint is the best and easiest way to improve your guns performance. i hope this has helped.

Maverickgot86ed
10-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Thanks, it has....using proball with CMI truflight 16". getting better...

AMP Warrior
10-22-2007, 12:15 PM
i use stinger paint myself w/ a stock barrel, but i have no problems...

chnk
10-22-2007, 12:20 PM
you don't need to perfectly bore a paintball and barrel, paintballs aren't consistent enough in size, so over boaring it or using a size or two bigger is a better idea, this doen't effect effieciency in anyway or accuracy, if you have a barrel that is way to big for paint then yea, if its to small barrel breaks all damn day

also, spyders don't have regs so consitency isn't going to be that good,

so overbore a little

cyberthrasher_706
10-22-2007, 06:34 PM
I don't know. I've tried stingers from the local shop. The first time they worked really well but it was also during the spring time so it wasn't so hot out. Tried them again at the end of august due to previous success (did add the j&j 14" ceramic by this point) and they were all elongated and 100% not round. They didn't fire to bad, I usually wasn't as accurate as i would like on the first try. Marballizer's shoot great through the J&J but I can't afford em so I'm still on the quest for my perfect match. Anyone else have a thought for the J&J?

ajsla13
10-22-2007, 10:00 PM
i have never used any j and j barrels, but formula 13 by diablo work well for me and you can pick up a case (2000) for about $42. which is not too bad imo. considering you pay about $20 for 1000 from a big chain. make sure to store them properly too. i have heard of putting them in the fridge but i have not tried this. i just put mine under my basement stairs. it is nice and cool, plus they are out of direct sunlight. any other storing ideas anyone?

AMP Warrior
10-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Should i order paint offline? The only problem is shipping. Does anyone know a good site for getting good paint who also ships w/ few broken balls?

ajsla13
10-23-2007, 08:01 PM
i would stay away from online paintball stores for paint, other parts are ok and most of the time way cheaper. paint on the other hand is kind of a toss up, depending on the site, package carrier, location and cost i dont think it is worth it. you could order $100 worth of paint online and live in R.I. (like i do) and it could ship from a place in california, handled too many times, sat in a hot truck for too long and by the time you pay shipping, you are probably better off going to a shop or even a big chain with all those variables to figure in. and even worse you finally get your paint and half of it is broken. when you go to a store you can open a case and inspect it. not to mention you can take it home the day you pay for it. if you can find a place to buy factory direct you could probably same some serious $ and the paint would ship right to you, not to a warehouse then a store/dealer and then to you. less handling. i have looked online for paint and found that unless i order over $100 you cant get free shiping and it saves me only a few $ ( usually $5 or $10) and to me it is just not worth it.

AMP Warrior
10-24-2007, 12:50 PM
K thanks. I have just been tryin to play cheap. Im startin to run low on cash since i am unemployed at the moment and was hopin to get some cheap paint. I use spyder paint right now for $35 for 2000. THe only thing is that i end up paying for half of it. I use my semi MR1 and share the box with my friend who uses an ion. He gets his moneys worth. I'll just get a job at the store that sellss the paint.